Feb 08, 2018, 12:16 PM
Trader Rating: 22
Thread OP
Discussion

Guy wants a refund?

regarding this sale

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5-spitfire-kit

the guy got the kit- it is an old early eighties-,maybe before kit and the plans have instructions on them and is even pictured in my add.

I say as pictured and the guy is complaining that there is no "instruction manual" because he thinks one should be there...

he forwarded picts of a later kit whose box had Manual included or some such on the newer labeled box- I pointed out it was likely a newer version since it was different- he then looked for another add that showed additional manual of pages which I assume was the update that they put in older boxes until they ran out of those...

My ad states plainly as pictured and I answer questions- I am not even sure if he took everything out of the box looking for a manual etc and he is likely going to ask for a full refund- because he states his building level would not likely let him build the kit without a manual...

I do not think I am responsible for a guy getting buyers remorse and who did not ask all his questions before hand. I think he is doubting his abilities after the fact... which he has repeatedly stated in pms after he received the kit in good shape

I also did not say anything about returns---

I asked what he wanted - his first replies were 10.00 or so which I was going to pay just because it would be less hassle and my rep is worth more than 10-20.00

his latest pm mentions in another thread on another forum that a guy shows an Updated ribs page/print from his kit- it is in downloadable format to so he could print it off- it clearly says "update" on that page

I am not sure I want to take the kit back let alone pay any shipping costs for his buyes remorse or his lack of skill... which he has mentioned several times in PM

My question is what do you think - I am thinking buyers remorse after the purchase and I do not think that is reason enough for me?
Last edited by tallsaul; Feb 08, 2018 at 12:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2018, 12:25 PM
Trader Rating: 253
Old newb
If the person paid by Paypal they can pretty much claim any reason they choose and you pay to ship it back and you may even not get back what you sent.

It is crappy all the way around no matter how you slice it.

You sent that earlier version of the kit in good conscious and the buyer did not get the kit or items that he believes should be with it.

You are pretty much out of luck on this one.

Talk to this person on the phone in order to stop endless messages and just get it straightened out.

It IS a pita.....
Feb 08, 2018, 12:52 PM
Trader Rating: 355
this is the manual from the 1/5 kit but you are correct in that there are two sets of plans on with and one with out construction notes.
Feb 08, 2018, 01:00 PM
Thread OP
I am covered since it was sent FF but it still does not mean I want to do wrong... I never knew of upgrades and the pictures in my add showed all that was there... he claims lack of building experience since almost the first if not first response after he received the kit. it seems more buyers remorse than anything else but ? I don't want the kit back - I am downsizing and do not see where I did wrong- if I did please point it out- but only if I did indeed do something wrong?
Last edited by tallsaul; Feb 08, 2018 at 01:19 PM.
Feb 08, 2018, 01:00 PM
Trader Rating: 0
You are not going to make the Buyer keep the kit if he has made up his mind that he wants to return it.

If I were you, I'd let the Buyer to return the kit for a refund of the kit price. that you will refund the money only after you receive the kit back in the same condition that you sent it out in, and the shipping charges are not refundable (as long as you described the kit in the clearly in detail before the Buyer bought it).

It would be ridiculous for you to be expected to eat the cost of shipping if the mistake.s in the buying were all the Buyer's.
Feb 08, 2018, 01:18 PM
Trader Rating: 324
-insert witty saying here-
Not your fault, that's the way the early kits came after Platt kits became Pica.

FWIW, if the buyer is unhappy because it's not what he was expecting, then let him send it back on his dime.
Feb 08, 2018, 01:22 PM
Trader Rating: 169
Build a scale plane already!!!
Yes, I agree,, Buyer's remorse is BS,, let him sell it to get his money back if he "now" doesn't think he can build it,, I don't see why the seller should pay the price for the buyer's mistake
Feb 08, 2018, 01:33 PM
Trader Rating: 76
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
+ what everyone said
Feb 08, 2018, 01:39 PM
Thread OP
[QUOTE=r39o;39137594
You sent that earlier version of the kit in good conscious and the buyer did not get the kit or items that he believes should be with it.

[/QUOTE]
the add stated as pictured and
No - I sent the kit actually pictured in my add- not a representation of a kit nor an earlier version than what was pictured - there is a difference
Feb 08, 2018, 02:30 PM
Trader Rating: 253
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallsaul
the add stated as pictured and
No - I sent the kit actually pictured in my add- not a representation of a kit nor an earlier version than what was pictured - there is a difference
No dispute. You sent as depicted.

The buyer expected something different.

Simple.

Not you fault.
Feb 08, 2018, 03:05 PM
Trader Rating: 29
Yes, but (the old but thing), the question becomes, since you used F&F, you know PayPal will entertain no claim from him, so are you thick skinned enough to disregard the potential flaming that he could direct at you? There is no right or wrong here, What would you want someone to do if the circumstances were reversed and you had bought an item that you subsequently realized you could not use? Would you suck it up and try to resell the item or would you deep down want the seller to refund you because you didn't realize you could not use the item? Nobody's fault but the ball is in your court to do with as you will.
Feb 08, 2018, 03:26 PM
Trader Rating: 169
Build a scale plane already!!!
Flamed for what,, delivering exactly what the buyer bought?? Don't think that fire could even get lit
Feb 08, 2018, 03:50 PM
Trader Rating: 107
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
There surely is a right and wrong here....

Let's say someone sold a Taranis with exactly what was pictured (transmitter, receiver, case and charger) in their ad, and some bone head with no knowledge whatsoever buys it because the internet said Taranis rules the universe, and then he gets it and was expecting an old school TX and has no idea how to even START programming it....then the seller has no reason to feel obligated to do anything else for the seller, period.
If the seller "expects" a refund from a private seller, then his head is screwed on backwards..

I doubt even a brick and mortar hobby shop would refund the seller either, much less a private individual.

Hey, local car dealership sales manager....I just bought a $75,000 truck, and didn't realize the bed is too small to fit all my toys... Can I get a refund please?
Feb 08, 2018, 04:31 PM
Trader Rating: 76
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
I did find this one, I don't know if it will be of any help or not
Feb 08, 2018, 05:11 PM
Trader Rating: 29
Did the guy say he was "expecting" a refund? If so, he is wrong in expecting it. But is he wrong for asking if it was a possibility? Like I said before, the ball is in the seller's court. If he tells the buyer to stuff it and it doesn't bother his conscience, more power to him. But if selling something to someone who can't use it does bother him in the least, then--the ball is in his court.

And, by the way, I am in no way advocating one way or the other. Just saying that it is entirely up to the seller what to do.

Quick Reply