Nov 26, 2004, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

Electric Combat NO FEAR !!!

Many of us have purchased brushless setups to run our 3D planes. Now what can we do with that old GWS 300 or 350 "C" drive and 10amp ESC? Well join in the fun and excitement of combat flying events.

This is one of my planes KI-61 Tony a fighter for Japan in WWII. The legal setup for a combat plane is that it must be a recognizable WWII scale-like warbird with a propeller on the front of the aircraft, a 28" wingspan or better (no square inch minimums), any 300 size brush type motor, 2cell lipo pack. Most of us fly with ailerons and elevator only to save weight. The planes tow a 15 foot long ribbon and loop, roll and manauver within a small skybox. There is also unlimited combat which is the same setup as above but with a 3s lipo pack. Can you say verticle kills?

Here are a few of my planes
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2004, 07:06 PM
Cute!

Any URL for the "Top Gun"(?) models, or are they home made?

Ron
Nov 26, 2004, 07:19 PM
KILLER OF GIANTS !!!
Where are the servos/pushrods?
Nov 26, 2004, 11:18 PM
Thread OP

My Reply

Randy, I make them. You can find them on ebay, or you can certainly build your own. I found a website that has about the same deminsions in a PDF file. go to

www.wherzog.de/eflug

The plane you want is the SILJAK it would be of legal size. Just remake the fuse into a warbird design. Build 2 of them if you are doing combat. Expendable airplanes you know.

Flyin Hawaiian, I built the ME 109 and the FW 190 mainly to show. The KI-61 Tony has servos and pushrods installed and it has over 100 flights on it and several Combat meets. Still looks pretty good after all that use. Here is a Zero that is my backup plane it also is in flying condition.

TopGun Combat Planes
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...userid=brodiejf
Last edited by irone; Feb 28, 2005 at 04:21 PM.
Nov 26, 2004, 11:56 PM
Woodsy
this is so cool, can you PLEASE go over to www.spadworld.net and do a post, us SPAD guys love our combat and this would be a great addition.
Nov 27, 2004, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
Woodsy............ I'm sorry but I just don't have the time to start posting on another board. I have two threads going here on RC Groups, working and another enterprise. I also like to have the time to fly some too. You may certainly start a thread on Spad and direct them here to look and post here and Spad. If you do that let me know. I would like to look into it now and then.
I appreciate your interest. I am trying my best to promote the sport of combat flying and events. So any help that you may provide would be gratefully accepted. Good flying down under my friend.
Nov 27, 2004, 05:08 PM
Woodsy
Done
Nov 30, 2004, 12:45 AM
Thread OP

No Respect

Say Woodsy....... I hope we do a little better on SPAD than we are doing here.
Its only been a few days since I did the original post here and the thread has already moved to 4 pages deep in this Forum. I think at this rate the thread will be 147 pages deep and lost forever by Christmass. I wonder how those other guys stay on page 1 and seem to never get bumped back further and further into the black hole like me. Some are even at the top of each and every page through out the Forum, talk about greedy. Am I not living right?
Last edited by irone; Nov 30, 2004 at 12:49 AM.
Nov 30, 2004, 06:02 AM
Electric Orange
irone,

I would not be to discouraged. I saw this thread and was immediately interested - started designing my own versions in my head. I have shown a few of the guys and the talk soon turned to who was going to knock who out of the sky first! I think it will be popular, especially for those who have an EPS-350 or two laying around.

Are you planning to post some plans to get us started into E-Combat!

Scott
Last edited by scotta; Nov 30, 2004 at 06:05 AM.
Nov 30, 2004, 02:18 PM
hi ,,, i love combat... when im in fla in the winter a few of us fly full contact combat....
we use ips and eps 350 foam and stick planes...we use a hot melt glue gun at the field... great fun!!!
mike
Nov 30, 2004, 02:51 PM
Suspended Account
You know, this is a great idea. Very in-expensive combat... could be a cool club project/event....

Paul
Nov 30, 2004, 03:37 PM
Do you have a link where we could get these planes? you mentioned Ebay?

They look very cool, and I am always looking for an inexpensive way to get into the air :-)

I do have some old GWS motors laying around too, never thought I'd need them, but this looks too cool to pass up.

Thanks
Nov 30, 2004, 05:22 PM
Thread OP

I feel a little better

Guys... The whole concept is to make an inexpensive, expendable airplane and have a blast shooting down your friends. We decided here in Texas to set down some "Rules of Engaugement" They go like this: The aircraft must be a recognizable front mounted propeller driven WWII fighter 28" minimum wingspan, complete with markings as such. For stock combat a 2s lipo pack only allowed along with any 280 to 300 class brush type motor (Cobalts are excluded). Sorte to go for 3 minutes (peak of battery time). Fifteen foot long ribbons are taped to the wing or fuselage with masking tape in front of the CG. Only two pilots fly at a time. The winner is decided by 1. cutting the enemy ribbon 2. being the most aggressive. 3. keeping his plane within the pre-determined skybox area. The winner of the sorte will progress to the next box. The looser remains in the first box and will fly later against another looser before moving to the next box. This continues on and on until the king of the hill is declaired. Its a lot more organized than throwing a half a dozen planes up and the last to come down won.
Same rules for Unlimited Class but 3s lipoly are used. Much faster action!
We are not considering brushless events for now and it ups the cost considerbly.
Tip: To cut a ribbon you have to aim for the other airplane and just hope you miss.
At our last meet we had a bunch of ribbon cuts and no mid-airs, just a few little love taps. awsome fun.

Reusty2k5....... Free download SILJAK at http://www.wherzog.de/eflug
like I said above just make a warbird design fuse. Or pick one of mine out a ebay.

Arbo.......Cool you get the larger picture....Thanks!

Scotta.... Thanks for your support.... If you want to design your own plane download the SILJAK plans. Its a great airframe just harder to build than mine and you will need decals to finish out. Go to ebay and check it out for ideas. Do a search (rc foam airplane 3d" It should pull up some models.
Last edited by irone; Nov 30, 2004 at 05:34 PM.
Nov 30, 2004, 05:30 PM
E-combat with no fear
Without fear then there is no need to combat
Nov 30, 2004, 05:57 PM
Rocket Surgeon
This sounds Like A really good Idea. I like the idea of full contact combat.

Quick Reply