Feb 07, 2018, 02:44 PM
JG
Discussion

Need to know JST plug P/Ns

Hey all-

Is there a forum yet that lists all JST plugs based on which radios they're in?

I'm looking for the MALE plugs used on DX8 gimbals. They're a smaller pitch than the DX6i and I'm getting nowhere.

ANY help would kick butt! Thanks all!
Last edited by RVaitor; Feb 07, 2018 at 03:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2018, 03:19 PM
Why don't you E-mail Tony Stillman at Radio South. He can probably help you out.

http://radiosouthrc.com/

FWIW, it sounds as though you need the female connector. The header on the circuit board is male
Pete
Feb 07, 2018, 06:01 PM

maybe?

perhaps this could bring some light:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...al-story/page5
see post 65
Feb 07, 2018, 06:08 PM

details

also this can help you to identify which type is yours:
https://www.digikey.ca/en/supplier-c...hoCv14QAvD_BwE
Feb 08, 2018, 03:04 PM
JG
Thanks ALL!!!!

Much appreciated!
Feb 09, 2018, 01:02 AM
What does this button do?
Take 'em out and measure 'em.
They're in millimeters. Can be kinda hard to distinguish between 1mm and 1.25mm but you'll figure it out.
Most of these little white connectors we see in this hobby (as far as I've so far seen in my short experience and recollection) are from JST. They range in pitch from 1mm to 2.5mm.

Gender is non-standardized. Some say the pin is male and some say the surrounding header insertion socket is female. I subscribe to the male pin idea. Just watch for that when ordering anything from anywhere.
Feb 09, 2018, 07:10 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
Quote:
Originally Posted by z10user
Gender is non-standardized. Some say the pin is male and some say the surrounding header insertion socket is female. I subscribe to the male pin idea. Just watch for that when ordering anything from anywhere.
It would appear to me, when sourcing non-RC connectors, the RC user group is non-standardized when defining gender. All of what I have seen in the connector industry identifies a connector gender by the pin configuration.
Feb 09, 2018, 08:12 AM
S.A.D. member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarmark
It would appear to me, when sourcing non-RC connectors, the RC user group is non-standardized when defining gender. All of what I have seen in the connector industry identifies a connector gender by the pin configuration.
Gender in connectors is confusing. To avoid the confusion connectors are defined by the terminals - pins and sockets.

Ivan
Feb 09, 2018, 08:42 AM
I confoose easily, that's why I use APP connectors on my electric powered models. The politically correct connectors, they're gender neutral

Pete
Feb 09, 2018, 09:02 AM
JG
Thanks all! I still cannot understand why Horizon and other guard the specific model/name of those plugs like the dang holy grail!
Feb 09, 2018, 09:07 AM
We don't. ZH. Get them at Digikey.

I'm surprised you're relying on this thread. The info is out there in dozens of threads.

Andy
Feb 09, 2018, 02:51 PM
JG
By all means-, Andy, please point me in the direction-

Thank you sir!
Feb 09, 2018, 02:55 PM
You're welcome. Enjoy!

Andy
Feb 09, 2018, 11:38 PM
What does this button do?
I built my collection from Hansen Hobbies.

Quick Reply