Do You Think The Spektrum iX12 Should Have Louder Volume? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: Do You Think The Spektrum iX12 Should Have Louder Volume?
Yes 30 57.69%
I have not heard it yet but volume is important. 4 7.69%
No 17 32.69%
I have not heard it yet but volume is not important. 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Feb 07, 2018, 03:06 PM
Suspended Account
Poll

Do You Think The Spektrum iX12 Should Have Louder Volume?

Do You Think The Spektrum iX12 Should Have Louder Volume?
Feel free to vote even if you have not bought an iX12 yet, but think that you may or may not have an issue with the volume.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2018, 11:57 AM
AMA LM CD
It did not hit me before... but this is exactly what VP did with the DX18 radio... created a poll... Curious what the objective is here, since you returned yours for a refund?
Feb 09, 2018, 12:43 PM
This is wind up?

Right?
Feb 09, 2018, 01:07 PM
★★★★★★★★
two angry fanboys that I know of voted NO. another one is ashamed and did not even vote. coincidence ?
two are or were Graupner users and the mz radios also have a crappy speaker, so they are used to low volume level, hence they are happy with it LOL

it's my opinion. don't bite!
Feb 09, 2018, 06:37 PM
It isnt the speakerthat holds the power level
The speaker seems to be fine
Apparently few here know how to check the actual sound output with a dB meter
Or care.
Mine is clear and undistorted at max settings
Judging from the busted speaker crap I hear from some cars, distortion is not important.
Feb 11, 2018, 07:26 AM
Suspended Account
Apparently many here know how to judge adequate sound level without a Sound Pressure Meter. I have one, didn't need it for my DX18 and didn't need it for the iX12.
Feb 11, 2018, 01:16 PM
In order to relay information to others it helps to have information that is defined
An ideal sound and sound level is extremely subjective.
Just like the ideal. amount of exponential on elevator .
My Realistic meter gathers dust today but I is still very useful when trying to send information on sound levels.
The most easily recognizable speech /sound from a radio is still the DX9 (better than my 18) but the 12 is quite good .
The nine does have higher output but it is distorted at high settings.
The sound processer /amp as well as the speakers is different apparently on each model!
I built my own home theater , using various brand speakers and amps.
It was interesting to note the variances in sound as I tried different large and small speaker combinations ( five speaker setup)
A friend who developed the Dolby 5.1 system used by millions of people, recently put me onto a very good sound system which costs less than a couple of my speakers !
Last edited by richard hanson; Feb 11, 2018 at 03:51 PM.
Feb 11, 2018, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deep End
Apparently many here know how to judge adequate sound level without a Sound Pressure Meter. I have one, didn't need it for my DX18 and didn't need it for the iX12.
Pete, I'm surprised you don't have a meter with all your band experience, etc.

Andy
Feb 11, 2018, 05:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Pete, I'm surprised you don't have a meter with all your band experience, etc.

Andy
My name is Deep, and if you read the post you would see that I do have one.
Feb 11, 2018, 05:20 PM
Yes, Pete, we went through this before with your and your fake names. We know who you are.

Need proof? These are two photos of your workshop, posted under different names.

Notice the similarities? Shelving, lighting, workbenches, wall, window - even some of the STUFF ON THE SHELVES!!!

Andy
Feb 11, 2018, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
Wow, what a coincidence, can you stay on topic please? Can you comment on the low volume issue? There seem to be many here who probably would like an answer.
Feb 11, 2018, 05:33 PM
Typical Pete. Sayunara.

Andy
Feb 11, 2018, 06:13 PM
For those who may care:
I popped a fresh batt in my Realistic sound meter and checked settings on my DX9 and a iX12.
The ix12 at full volume showed the same level on the meter, as the DX9 set at 60% of full scale
The settings were the same on the meter A scale and slow.
This corresponds with my speaking in a normal tone at same distance - 3 ft.
The 9 is quite clear at 75% but at full scale distorted and just plain ol tooo loud.
So; Could the 12 use more output - perhaps for some but is just fine in my book.
I am no longer a teen ager (?) and my hearing is somewhat compromised but I an not deaf.
I figure 3 ft is enough distance to exceed most peoples hand held tx to ear distances
both tx have speaker output in same location.
FWIW
Feb 11, 2018, 06:28 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
For those who may care:
I popped a fresh batt in my Realistic sound meter and checked settings on my DX9 and a iX12.
The ix12 at full volume showed the same level on the meter, as the DX9 set at 60% of full scale
The settings were the same on the meter A scale and slow.
This corresponds with my speaking in a normal tone at same distance - 3 ft.
The 9 is quite clear at 75% but at full scale distorted and just plain ol tooo loud.
So; Could the 12 use more output - perhaps for some but is just fine in my book.
I am no longer a teen ager (?) and my hearing is somewhat compromised but I an not deaf.
I figure 3 ft is enough distance to exceed most peoples hand held tx to ear distances
both tx have speaker output in same location.
FWIW
I have a Realistic Sound Level Meter as well as the one in my new Note 8. So you feel perhaps the iX12 could use more output for some, thanks for agreeing with us. My DX18 does not distort compared to my DX9 for the same loud volume..
Feb 11, 2018, 06:56 PM
"So you feel perhaps the iX12 could use more output for some?"
end quote
Those who fly by themselves can make all the noise they want
I don't go flying with others to hear their radios or engines
If you like loud sounds in a group of others, please do them the courtesy of using ear buds

Quick Reply