CFL FPV 2018 Meet Is Less Than a Month Away! - RC Groups

CFL FPV 2018 Meet Is Less Than a Month Away!

CFL is just under a month away and if you haven't already registered, what are you waiting for? This is one of the premier FPV events of the year near Orlando Florida and they are seeing temps in the 80's already!

Splash

This Top Tier FPV Event is a Must Attend!

CFL is just under a month away and if you haven't already registered, what are you waiting for? This is one of the premier FPV events of the year near Orlando Florida and they are seeing temps in the 80's already! It's 4 days of FPV fun with some of the best pilots and nicest dudes you will ever meet. There are activities happening all the time day and night and the Camp Challenge facility is amazing.

Event dates are March 1st through the 4th and this marks the 7th annual CFL FPV event. Aside from having a total blast all weekend, this event also serves a charity in partnership with the Easter Seals Florida with proceeds from the event helping to improve the lives of those with autism and other disabilities. It's a fantastic charity and the event is well worth the trip. You need to make plans to attend so you won't miss out on all the fun.

Check out our event coverage from last years event here.

Get more details and pre-register for the CFL 2018 FPV Event here

Feb 07, 2018, 11:21 AM
killickb
Not an FPV guy --- waaaayyyy to old but would like to attend as a spectator to see what these 'kids" can do. Don't see any mention of that or admission pricing ?
Feb 07, 2018, 11:58 AM
RCG Admin
I'm pretty sure last year it was free and open to spectators.
Feb 07, 2018, 12:05 PM
Can wait. Got days off from work and airplanes n quads ready.
Feb 07, 2018, 12:11 PM
Ready to go! Last year was great! See you there !
Feb 08, 2018, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Not an FPV guy --- waaaayyyy to old but would like to attend as a spectator to see what these 'kids" can do. Don't see any mention of that or admission pricing ?
Spectators are always welcome, and there's no charge to join the fun! Unless you count the fact that you may become addicted to the hobby. Then it will cost, but it's oh so worth it...
Feb 08, 2018, 11:12 AM
Hey Jason - We've had a hard time getting insurance this year because the underwriter reviewed our website and said we're performing "very dangerous" activities. After much questioning on my part as to what has changed from the many past years of the event, they said that powered paragliding is too high risk. "But we don't fly PPGs there?", I said. They referenced this screenshot from last year's video.

You recognize that guy?

I had a good laugh, and it's all sorted out now. Who knew that Woody counted as "scale"?
Feb 08, 2018, 12:08 PM
RCG Admin
LOL! That's hilarious, but only because it worked out. Sorry to cause any undue stress! : ) The best part is that PPG's are literally the safest form of manned flight!
Feb 08, 2018, 01:52 PM
All's well that ends well. It definitely makes for a good story!
Feb 10, 2018, 01:24 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
I'll be there, can't wait!
Feb 20, 2018, 03:14 PM
9 days to go! So excited!
Yesterday, 11:06 AM
RCG Admin
Man I so wish I was heading down there next week. Make sure and have some fun for me!

Quick Reply