Jul 24, 2018, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksteve
Duck? Do you mean a dipole? They are two very different types of antenna.

If you do mean a dipole then yes, contrary to popular belief, they are actually bloody good antennas.

I sometimes fly with a directional aomway diamond on my rx but generally I fly with dipoles all round and have the rx antennas positioned at 90 degrees from each other and use the diversity to switch to the one that's in phase with my planes depending on its attitude
Ah, sorry...yeah. It's just a dipole off of a wifi router. The pagoda is actually much better unless I'm aimed at the vtx. I tend to fly in front of myself, so it's interesting that the pagoda still works better.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2018, 04:06 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrulla
Ah, sorry...yeah. It's just a dipole off of a wifi router. The pagoda is actually much better unless I'm aimed at the vtx. I tend to fly in front of myself, so it's interesting that the pagoda still works better.
Make sure the router dipole is the right frequency, they are most common in the 2.4ghz flavour on routers.

As long as it's made for the right frequency it does not matter what it's 'officially' for, I use 2.4ghz router dipoles on my flysky Fs-i10 tx
Jul 29, 2018, 03:43 AM
If I'm flashing the wpro58 on my eachine, can I flash it later with the achille firmware or it's locked on wpro58 ?
Last edited by Diabolux; Jul 29, 2018 at 03:52 AM.
Jul 29, 2018, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolux
If I'm flashing the wpro58 on my eachine, can I flash it later with the achille firmware or it's locked on wpro58 ?
You can "switch" between firmwares just fine. Just getting back to stock isn't an option as no dump is available for that afaik.
Jul 29, 2018, 05:29 PM
Nice thanks for the answer 👍😀
Jul 31, 2018, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolux
you can switch between firmwares at will but if you want a fw thats easy and quick to use in the field then i advise sticking with WPro, the two other firmwares are a royal pain in the arse to use and over engineered to look pretty at the cost of ease of use.

Im not just saying that, i have a paid licence for Achilliez and ive also tried Pirx and came back to WPro58 because its the nicest to use.
Jul 31, 2018, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksteve
you can switch between firmwares at will but if you want a fw thats easy and quick to use in the field then i advise sticking with WPro, the two other firmwares are a royal pain in the arse to use and over engineered to look pretty at the cost of ease of use.

Im not just saying that, i have a paid licence for Achilliez and ive also tried Pirx and came back to WPro58 because its the nicest to use.
I also tried Pirx. Skipped Achilles because...well...I read so many issues with it. WPro is as streamlined as it can get. If OSD ever happens it will absolutely crush all other firmwares (it pretty much does already).
Aug 03, 2018, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioDabro
Its impossible to make OSD without hardware modifications.
I wanted to make OSD with a little more modifications than achilles requires.
But now i have not so much time to work on this firmware so possibly the OSD wont be done.

The main idea was to use LM1881 chip to have sync signals that can be used for real on screen display generation instead overriding video signal with blank screen with white text/graphics (like Achilles does).
I had the same idea, but instead of modify a PRO58 module, I create my own module with the necessary modifications. You can find my modifications of the WPro58 firmware for an OSD overlay and the schematic of my module in this repo: https://github.com/Telekatz/WPro58/tree/OSD58

And with the code I was also able to implement an OSD to the PRO58 like the OSD in the Achilliez firmware with the same OSD mod.
Aug 03, 2018, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telekatz
I had the same idea, but instead of modify a PRO58 module, I create my own module with the necessary modifications. You can find my modifications of the WPro58 firmware for an OSD overlay and the schematic of my module in this repo: https://github.com/Telekatz/WPro58/tree/OSD58

And with the code I was also able to implement an OSD to the PRO58 like the OSD in the Achilliez firmware with the same OSD mod.

Pio has some competition lol.

The million dollar question is will you look into the true osd with the LM1881 IC though the serial ports that he wanted to try?

He's busy and does not think he's gonna have the time to test now.

I have the chip but don't know what other components are needed but would test if a test firmware was knocked up and the schematic provided.
Aug 04, 2018, 06:29 AM
For an OSD overlay on the PRO58 you need the attached modification in addition to the existing OSD mod. Firmware in my repo is also modified for this.
Aug 04, 2018, 09:27 AM
Quote:
For an OSD overlay on the PRO58 you need the attached modification in addition to the existing OSD mod. Firmware in my repo is also modified for this.
You are the man!!!!!

Is the relevant firmware avaliable in a flashable bin? I haven't been able to work out how to get files compiled when it comes to things like this.

I've tonnes of electronic components and I'm 99% that I'll have everything needed, if there's a ready built firmware I'll do this tonight!!

Steve.
Aug 04, 2018, 09:56 AM
Attached the compiled bin file.
Aug 04, 2018, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Attached the compiled bin file.
I'll get on that tonight, thank-you!!!!

As much as I wanna get straight on it, I've gotta walk the dog, have a bath and do the dinner first, seems like a eternity before I can start because I'm so excited lol

I may well be the first general user to have this, knew pre ordering the 1881 was a good idea!!!

Steve.
Aug 04, 2018, 10:45 AM
One last question, I know v sync and c sync go to uart but I can't find anything that says which pad is which on the pro 58, is v sync the left or right uart pad please?
Last edited by Uksteve; Aug 04, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Aug 04, 2018, 01:12 PM
A pinout of the pads was posted here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=27

For VSYNC and CSYNC you need the right RX pin and the JTNRST pin. 5V is on the header pin above the RX pin, GND is on the header pin above the TX pin.

Quick Reply