Feb 06, 2018, 09:36 AM
Cool

Flite test is stepping it up

Take a look at this video
Josh Bixler, his team and family are the perfect model of what RC aviation is all about.
Friends, family and fun.
They are taking it to the next level and I want to support them in their dream and endeavor.
I'd like everyone who sees this video to make a donation, $1, $2, $5, $50 what ever you can to help bring such an oasis to fruition in, what is a key transformation time in the RC industry and hobby.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=2lyQj9M2MhY
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2018, 10:09 AM
In Minerva! Awesome. Looks like I'll have to start loading up planes when I go visit my parents.

I hope they're able to do it.
Feb 06, 2018, 04:04 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
The message is way too sappy for my likes, but itís true. I had a blast at Lake Wales last year. When I got there in the camper, Josh hopped right in and showed me where to park.
Feb 06, 2018, 05:46 PM
I just want to go fly!
Very cool. I remember watching them when they just started out. Big progression wow!
Feb 07, 2018, 03:05 PM
Yeah I saw that recently. Totally awesome. Would love to see it become reality! Kinda like a mini Joe Nall.
Feb 07, 2018, 08:00 PM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by basslord1124
Yeah I saw that recently. Totally awesome. Would love to see it become reality! Kinda like a mini Joe Nall.
Mini?
Feb 07, 2018, 08:03 PM
SC00 (airport that hosts Nall) is quite a bit larger.
Feb 07, 2018, 08:05 PM
It looks like a cool plan with great vision. I don't really know his financial situation, but seems kind of risky. I would be willing to invest some money, but it looks like they are just taking donations through crowd funding. Why not try to pool together hobbyists as investors with potential return? I wish him and Flitetest all the best but I've had some friends with gigantic visions who didn't quite have the business saavy to make it work. If he has a good plan to have good operating revenue I am sure it will work. Again don't know his situation. Maybe they have been killing it off Flite Test and have a pile of money sitting around. What about those cold winter months in Ohio?
Feb 07, 2018, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange90
What about those cold winter months in Ohio?
Skis and floats work great on snow and ice. (And grass, but they're more fun on snow and water.)

Besides, OH isn't that cold.

Andy
Feb 08, 2018, 05:39 AM
Quote:
What about those cold winter months in Ohio?
I fly year round. I'm good down to about 20 degrees F.

Stark County weather isn't very different from the weather where I live now.
Feb 08, 2018, 08:44 AM
Quote:
It looks like a cool plan with great vision. I don't really know his financial situation, but seems kind of risky. I would be willing to invest some money, but it looks like they are just taking donations through crowd funding. Why not try to pool together hobbyists as investors with potential return? I wish him and Flitetest all the best but I've had some friends with gigantic visions who didn't quite have the business saavy to make it work. If he has a good plan to have good operating revenue I am sure it will work. Again don't know his situation. Maybe they have been killing it off Flite Test and have a pile of money sitting around. What about those cold winter months in Ohio?
What about sane backup plans? The entire world economic situation is on risky grounds, despite "official" efforts to naturally distract from that and, "they" would hope, turn around a disaster waiting to happen. Several large countries have already advised their citizens to prepare for major war or disaster for the first time since the Berlin Wall came down.

So a sane backup plan could include storing seed, fertilizer chemicals and farming equipment in case supermarket food becomes scarce. As well as ways to defend the food, etc. During the last wars cities and not farms were destroyed, but without a functioning mass transport and distribution system or internet or money, things would tend to turn away from hot glue and foam planes. Maybe back to golf?

Jest thinkin' ....
Feb 08, 2018, 09:34 AM
Over over-thinkin' or not-at-all thinkin' or just plain fear mongerin' ... Perfectly sensible if this were in LTUP, but not here.

Andy
Feb 08, 2018, 10:37 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
... Besides, OH isn't that cold...
Brrrrrrr!
Feb 08, 2018, 10:43 AM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
Looks like he is keeping the golfing going until it becomes self sufficient
Feb 08, 2018, 10:46 AM
Wish it was happening in over-crowded, few-flying venues, southern CA.

Quick Reply