Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 10cc ARF 60" - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 10cc ARF 60"

The Ultra Stick 10cc ARF sports a 60" wingspan and the same classic lines the Ultra Stick is known for. This ARF is available for pre-order right now for $229.99 with shipments due in mid March.

Splash

The Legendary Ultra Stick Makes a Come Back

Every RC Nut has probably had a stick type plane at some point. They fly great and provide fun sport aerobatics in a simple easy to work on design. Hangar 9's Ultra Sticks have been around for as long as I can remember and now there is a new version coming out. The Ultra Stick 10cc ARF sports a 60" wingspan and the same classic lines the Ultra Stick is known for.

This one is designed to work with any power system type you want, be it electric, gas or glow. It's capable of 3D flight and some crazy maneuvers by utilizing the flaps in interesting mixes. You can also add on a float set for water take offs and landings. This ARF is available for pre-order right now for $229.99 with shipments due in mid March.

Check out the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 10cc ARF Here

Feb 06, 2018, 04:23 PM
We shall serve the Lord
This shot from the Horizon site shows split ailerons deflected in Crow. Very Nice!

I thought I heard something about the four surface wing being the standard and the solid aileron wing as an option, but Horizon Customer Service only confirmed the solid ailerons. Not sure how this will shake out, but I LIKEEE!

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Feb 06, 2018, 06:03 PM
Horizon Hobby
4 control surface wing is the standard. Single ailerons is the option. I had hoped to include both in each kit, but rising prices on the covering, the materials and the labor.. and the fact that factory wanted to charge a substantial amount for the single ailerons themselves meant that we would miss the $229.00 price point by some margin. So it was chosen to offer them as an option. Hope this helps?
Regards Ali
Feb 07, 2018, 12:02 AM
We shall serve the Lord
Ali, I saw the video where you discussed the various power plant options for the Ultra Stick 10cc. I was wondering if you tried the Saito FG-14C gas engine and what you thought about that engine for the US 10cc? I recently bought a Hangar 9 Katana 50 with a FG-14C and have really been impressed with the combination.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Feb 07, 2018, 05:44 AM
Electric_RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Mach
4 control surface wing is the standard. Single ailerons is the option. I had hoped to include both in each kit, but rising prices on the covering, the materials and the labor.. and the fact that factory wanted to charge a substantial amount for the single ailerons themselves meant that we would miss the $229.00 price point by some margin. So it was chosen to offer them as an option. Hope this helps?
Regards Ali
Thanks I was wondering about that.
Feb 07, 2018, 11:35 AM
Horizon Hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
Ali, I saw the video where you discussed the various power plant options for the Ultra Stick 10cc. I was wondering if you tried the Saito FG-14C gas engine and what you thought about that engine for the US 10cc? I recently bought a Hangar 9 Katana 50 with a FG-14C and have really been impressed with the combination.

McD
No, Sorry. I have yet to try anything other than the 3 power systems that we show ( Evo 10cc/ Power 46 and 52 and 60 / Saito 19cc Radial)

I am sure the Saito 14cc will be great. The Evo 10cc is my favorite power plant to date. I love the flight time and power to weight. The 14cc I expect to be similar, but sound allot cooler !

Regards Ali
Feb 10, 2018, 11:08 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
The Ultra Stick 40 was one of my favorite go-to models to toss in the car and head up to the field. I had it powered with a Saito .62. It was my move-up airplane after our trainer and had well over 200 flights on it before I sold it.

My son went to the Mini Ultra Stick after the trainer. He's grown up and works in Duluth, building SR-20 and 22 for Cirrus. I still fly his MUS.

This 10cc is tempting me. Mightily.

I do wish Horizon would offer an .SPM setup for quad flaps. Everyone tells me to simply use the sailplane programming. I had a Futaba 9C with quad flaps, full span ailerons and aileron/elevator mixing.

Quick Reply