This thread is privately moderated by ninjarixx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 05, 2018, 10:48 PM
newb
Thread OP
Discussion

Eachine TX5258 mini Review

Here's my quick review of the Eachine TX5258 (http://bit.ly/2EGCXnP)

I planned to use this VTX in my armattan rooster build which will be mainly used for freestyle / freerange.
Name: rooster.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 79.5 KB
Description:

The packaging of this VTX is very good and the item arrived to me in great condition.
Name: IMG_20180125_154607.jpg
Views: 55
Size: 1.74 MB
Description:
Name: IMG_20180125_154635.jpg
Views: 54
Size: 2.93 MB
Description:

Wiring it is mainly straightforward. I used the 3 normal wires. and the other one for smart audio. the wiring harness is using a new plug that i haven't seen before from Eachine VTXs. It is similar to the ones being used in the furious stealth VTX. TBS Smartaudio must be used in the ports tab to be able to use LUA Script / OSD to change the VTX Settings.
Name: vlcsnap-2018-01-30-23h47m19s831.png
Views: 33
Size: 2.32 MB
Description:

On my maiden flight, I tested the 500mw right away. It works perfectly and would be my setting of choice. The LED panel also works upon changing my VTX settings. It will display the Band,Channel and Power level.

When I changed to 800mw, Heating up of the vtx is showing up in the video. After 2 or 3 mins in to the flight, i can see that there are lines in the video feed. I'm not sure if this will work better on a colder environment (I tested it in the middle of a hot sunny day). Also using RP-SMA plugs instead of UFL pigtails is a big turn-of for me.

Overall, I like this vtx because you are getting alot from it's price. This is great for freestyle frames (or frames with a lot more room) and will be a bit of overkill for racing setups.

Build Video:
Eachine TX5258 mini review (5 min 47 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply