No Yaw stabilization seen (Rudder is fine) - RC Groups
Feb 05, 2018, 07:17 PM
Discussion

No Yaw stabilization seen (Rudder is fine)

I don't know what is happening here. I am still setting up my first vector application, fixed wing 5 channel with flapperons.

My vector does not seem to show the rudder moving to counteract opposite yaw during my check, even with gain turned all the way up to 200.
The other axis's seem to work just fine, hence my confusion.

I am hoping this is something fairly common, perhaps I need to remap the rudder to a different channel so that the yaw gyro can control the servo?
I am using 5 channels on the radio

T,E,R,Ra, La
I then switched to R,Ra,E,T,La
still no effect.

On the radio side Its all working quite well.
Only rudder gyro stab seems muted on the vector, hence my difficulty coming up with a sensible reason. (Why would rudder not respond to quick adverse yaw in '2D no hold' or 'gyro' modes when the other axis's do? Is it necessary to have a GPS fix or compass to do the yaw stabilization check?
forgive me if its in the manual I cant seem to find an answer..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2018, 04:32 AM
... that is NORMAL. Using 2D "vector" uses aileron and NOT rudder. look for more explanation around this forum

Quick Reply