Thread Tools
Oct 12, 2019, 09:41 PM
Registered User
ES09MDII as in an updated model? what is the update? I like that the old ones center so well, even if they are a bit noisy, but then so are the kst's...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2019, 09:42 PM
Going back to balsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
Oh, man... fabric softener for the clothes dryer... like bounce... you have to get the anti-static cling ones.
Thanks again Wayne. Seems like these contraptions can be even more cantankerous than I had imagined.
Oct 12, 2019, 10:10 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
ES09MDII as in an updated model? what is the update? I like that the old ones center so well, even if they are a bit noisy, but then so are the kst's...
that was just a quote and what was already there. these are what I have used extensively. super robust and can't beat the price.
Oct 13, 2019, 05:06 AM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
The ES08MDII's work fine too. I have more of them than the 09's. The latter has just a tiny bit more torque ability. Not like I'll ever use or need it. My 270's are flying with the 08's.
Oct 13, 2019, 01:29 PM
Registered User
I have some emax 09 servos that were originally on my very first 450, and still going strong... I do have one i managed to kill the motor on, but it was pressed into tail duty at 6v, so... I can't really blame the servo
Oct 13, 2019, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
I have been thinking about buying a servo tester for so long they are now half the price, LOL

I forgot to mention the blade you are checking should be over the boom when using the modified pitch gauge. We all have our preferred method of centering servos, the important thing is to make sure it's centered and the arm is 90 degrees at center with the swash at center position and the blades at zero. I use limits on my transmitter to make any collective pitch or cyclic changes needed on all my helis after setting to mfg spec for the fbl, but this really doesn't apply on the Fusion 270 with the stock AR636A...

the zip tie trick works well with most helis, just vary the length according to swash diameter.
I installed the 215s.
I leveled the swash and grips last night with the blades perpendicular to the boom.
I did however level the boom first, is this adequate? I checked each blade after using Broke Dad’s swash leveler and Wayne’s pitch level! Both are easy and much simpler for my brain to wrap around. I guess I could recheck each blade over the boom. The boom looks to be 90 degrees from the main shaft. What geometry is different between 12 and 6 o’clock vs 3 and 9? This is a great discussion! Thank you all for the great tips on servos.
I have the stock servos on my 360 and 230, WHAT! How my 230s servos have lasted this long (2 years of wonderful crashes). I might just replace them also.
Last edited by Fusion flyer; Oct 13, 2019 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Sorry hit send too soon, company walked in.
Oct 14, 2019, 10:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
that was just a quote and what was already there. these are what I have used extensively. super robust and can't beat the price.
Do these servos work in the tail?
Oct 14, 2019, 11:28 AM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion flyer
Do these servos work in the tail?
Yes they will. If you are doing smack 3D stuff though you'd be better off with a dedicated tail servo.
Oct 14, 2019, 04:26 PM
Registered User
the BNF Fusion 270 sold me on the H3060 for tail servos going forward... I flat love it, and at $27 I feel it's one of the best micro tail servo deals out there... I would go so far as to recommend it for any heli it is not physically too small for (or use an adapter in the 450 class Align helis) It's one HH got right for sure
Oct 14, 2019, 09:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
the BNF Fusion 270 sold me on the H3060 for tail servos going forward... I flat love it, and at $27 I feel it's one of the best micro tail servo deals out there... I would go so far as to recommend it for any heli it is not physically too small for (or use an adapter in the 450 class Align helis) It's one HH got right for sure
Wow, that’s reassuring! Thank you. what do you think terrorized the servos on my 270 vs the 230s has lots of crashes that threw a servo rod, lol.

Also the temp here has dropped to the low 50s, so I suppose I should bring down the "d". It’s not going to get warmer anytime soon.
Oct 15, 2019, 02:57 AM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Every crash is unique so it's difficult to make absolute conclusions. Just take the good H3050's off the 270 and keep them as spares for the 230S, I've never had an issue with the H3060 tail servos.
Oct 17, 2019, 10:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Yes I am. They do give you more of a footprint but mind you it's not a huge increase. I bought Type A. They sell several variations.
I was trying to see if I could question your more in a pm, but the heck if I could figure out how to send you an email

Anyways, Did you notice much of a difference in the landing stability with these landing gear? I see they have the type A, B, and C which get progressively wider. The C look like standard pod-n-boom helicopter landing gear.

I'm tempted to get the type B, but just curious as to how the A's have been working as far as stability goes. The stockers are a tip over waiting to happen it seems. Always a little wobbly on touch down taking aileron correction to keep it steady.

Has anyone else tried third party landing gear?
Oct 17, 2019, 11:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
I was trying to see if I could question your more in a pm, but the heck if I could figure out how to send you an email

Anyways, Did you notice much of a difference in the landing stability with these landing gear? I see they have the type A, B, and C which get progressively wider. The C look like standard pod-n-boom helicopter landing gear.

I'm tempted to get the type B, but just curious as to how the A's have been working as far as stability goes. The stockers are a tip over waiting to happen it seems. Always a little wobbly on touch down taking aileron correction to keep it steady.

Has anyone else tried third party landing gear?
I have the C gear, you will have to cut out the canopy to fit. It gave me some clearance and stance in the grass. They catch on gravel and transfer some extra vibes. I recommend throttle hold just before touch down. So, I'm not completely sold, I could go back to stock because they don't transfer the shock like you just dropped it on glass.

I flew mine today from the grass with no problem, but I've learned not to trust her when she is light on the skids. Last time it tipped and took out all 3 servos, blades and gears.

ps you will need a 1mm key to get the flathead screws they give in the kit. I used a very small drill bit that just caughted the hex to chase it in and put plenty of thread lock, so far so good.
Last edited by Fusion flyer; Oct 17, 2019 at 11:41 PM. Reason: need small key
Oct 18, 2019, 08:27 PM
Registered User
thx for the info. it might be that the larger C type resonate at some frequency which ends up being the source of vibration back into the fbl controller.

I might get the B type.
Oct 18, 2019, 08:39 PM
Registered User
please recap for me... what issues are you guys having with the stock landing gear? I still have my original stock set on mine... i didn't like the look at first, but it grew on me as I was deciding what to replace it with...


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New Blade - Fusion 270 Helicopter with SAFE jakeaheli Micro Helis 27 Sep 21, 2018 06:51 PM
Discussion NEW heli from Blade...Fusion, belted tail, 270 size Yen Electric Heli Talk 3 Feb 02, 2018 03:39 PM
Discussion Blade 270 cfx vs Blade 230S hawk370 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 1 Jan 17, 2016 12:06 AM
Article E-flite Blade mCX Ultra-Micro Helicopter RTF & BNF Review Michael Heer Coaxial Helicopters 346 Nov 06, 2010 12:30 PM