Sep 21, 2019, 02:01 PM
Can a 2nd rx be used as a true Satellite say, like Spektrum?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 07:26 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
Thread OP
For some of the receivers you can connect SUMD to SUMDIN of first receiver for redundancy
Sep 21, 2019, 08:41 PM
EDF all the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufo
Debatable; depends on where one stands...Graupner side or ADP side.

The ADP ESC seems to work with other receivers without any issues and the know exception being the Graupner.

Graupner works with other brands of ESC but not the ADP.

Which device is at fault? Graupner and ADP need get together on this quickly and figure out the problem.

My view at the moment is the Graupner receiver is not handling a ground properly in their receiver. Maybe I am wrong.

@Bruff .... hook the ADP back up to the GR-24 and take a second ground wire from another channel on the GR-24 and take it to the ESC or an external ground. ADP is adamant about there must be a good ground. Maybe grasping at straws but it is worth a try and if it does not work then you have one less thing to look at and ADP and one more thing to give to ADP.

You could also reverse the channel and change the endpoints in the receiver, if you have not already done so. You are getting power but the ESC is not liking a value it is sensing from the receiver. Weak ground or no ground return from receiver, programming option perhaps.

Talking to a friend today about the ESC problem. I told him they were using a Futaba radio and I was using Graupner. Well he reminded me that Graupner is similar to JR radio. The throttle channel needs to be reversed for it to work usually. I reversed the channel and had 2000uS for low and 1020uS for high. Plugged it in and when power was applied the ESC gave tones then started beeping with the LED light. Would not stop beeping but at lease it is making tones. Now to figure out next step? It did this with and with out the resistor jumper.
Again thanks for all the help.
Bob
Sep 21, 2019, 09:30 PM
Excellent news Bob! Attached is the manual; page 12 shows a list of tones and meanings.

The end points may need to be adjusted a bit. I don't have the MZ-32 and am not looking in a receiver at the moment but can it be reversed in the receiver and not reversed in the transmitter? Makes a difference?
Last edited by Lufo; Sep 21, 2019 at 09:39 PM.
Sep 21, 2019, 11:00 PM
EDF all the way!
It is working now(no resistor)!!!!!! Reversed it back is set throttle low 1010uS and 2000uS high. I appears to have brake. When I pull down to low throttle it stops and locks. Need to check to see if there is a brake and how do turn it off?
Bob
Sep 21, 2019, 11:10 PM
cogito ergo zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
It is working now(no resistor)!!!!!! Reversed it back is set throttle low 1010uS and 2000uS high. I appears to have brake. When I pull down to low throttle it stops and locks. Need to check to see if there is a brake and how do turn it off?
Bob
So...it had nothing to do with the receiver?
Sep 21, 2019, 11:46 PM
EDF all the way!
No just throttle travel. Was told 1020 to 2000 is 1010 to 2000. That allowed it to arm.
Ran it up in the garage. Very smooth I could hear RPM increase with throttle all the way to the max. Run some more test in the next day or so.
Bob
Sep 22, 2019, 05:42 AM
'n boer maak 'n plan
Thread OP
That would never cross my mind to reverse the throttle as the ESC normally will go into some kind of programming mode with high throttle..

6 fast high tones (Every 5 seconds) indicates wrong signal received (High throttle?)
Sep 22, 2019, 01:21 PM
EDF all the way!
I reversed it back to standard adjusted range low 1010uS to 2000us for high. Runs great now. Has brake which is not good for EDF. The way to turn it off is to slow the throttle down 3 sec. This turns off the brake. See how the lag will affect EDF in the air.
Bob
Sep 23, 2019, 08:39 AM
Question with an easy answer (I think). For some reason my Tx has started giving me a "Minimum General Voltage" warning. I haven't changed any settings; nonetheless, it has just started occurring. I have been told that I need to reset the voltage level that causes the warning to begin. I don't know what voltage I need to set and which menu I need to access in order to change the setting. Help?

What is puzzling is the Tx voltage is well over 75% according to the display and the receiver battery level is well over 50%. BTW this is occurring on a Graupner quad (Alpha 250Q)
Sep 23, 2019, 10:24 AM
Go to the telemetry settings and data view menu and select the general telemetry module.

Check what voltage values you have and set the alarms to off on that module.

On the mz-32 you can set the alarm values for the general module from the special user notice menu.
Sep 23, 2019, 11:20 AM
Aha! Thank you.
Sep 25, 2019, 02:08 PM
Is it possible to have a duel rate/expo switch set to a none control channel like steering, brakes etc
Sep 25, 2019, 03:19 PM
'n boer maak 'n plan
Thread OP
I am not sure I get what you are asking...
If I understand you want to change the output of any channel based on the position of a switch?

If so then the answer is absolutely yes. Personally I would use a phase to accomplish this but that is just me...
Sep 25, 2019, 04:27 PM
Difficult to provide a specific answer without knowing what you are attempting to configure. The MZ32 has so many ways to activate functions/settings which include the obvious switches and controls. However you also have programmable switching points, logical switches, etc. Then of course the DirectAdjust which adds another dimension.
Not trying to confuse you, but it would help to have specifics.

Quick Reply