Jul 16, 2019, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
There may still be a few bugs that we could not yet identify but we are working on it.

One thing that we recommend is to change the SD Card to a faster type which has shown to contribute to performance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mannie,

For some reason the link doesn't take me to the right spot in Amazon.

Could you please describe the recommended SD card specs or provide a brand, size, type etc as an example?

Thanks,
Gary
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 09:57 PM
SanDisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 98MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-016G-GN6MA

There is also an Extreme PRO version but I don't think its worth the extra money...
Jul 16, 2019, 10:11 PM
Quote:
SanDisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 98MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-016G-GN6MA

There is also an Extreme PRO version but I don't think its worth the extra money...
Thanks Mannie!
Jul 17, 2019, 07:27 PM
On the MZ-16 setup to run an IC helicopter how do you change from flight mode to flight mode without using throttle cut inside either the pitch curve or throttle curve function?
Jul 17, 2019, 10:16 PM
Don't think I understand.

You want the throttle cut to be disabled inside flight modes?
Jul 17, 2019, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79
What is the temp threshold for graupner receivers? I keep getting temp warnings at 141 degrees in my 5J models. Should I be worried, ignore, or adjust critical temp value higher?
Range is 5 to 158F

Make sure you have the latest firmware on your receivers as we did had an older version that could wrongly trigger the temperature alarm.
Jul 18, 2019, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Don't think I understand.

You want the throttle cut to be disabled inside flight modes?
I want to be able to adjust the pitch curves and throttle curves and be able to adjust those curves for each flight mode without having to use the throttle cut function to disable throttle action because on a nitro I want to be able to use throttle cut to kill the engine. as it was intended. I don't see a way to do that at the moment because throttle cut is set to kill the engine per normal setup procedures. The only way I see to change flight modes while the pitch curve and throttle curve screens are open is via the assigned switch. Is it possible to have two throttle cut functions of different settings on a spring loaded 3 pos switch?
Jul 18, 2019, 02:06 AM
Throttle limit Ch 12 will do it. It uses up a channel but for a heli it's no biggie.
Jul 18, 2019, 09:45 AM
Mannie

One great feature for this radio is to have an undo feature so when you screw something up it can be undone. For complex aircraft being able to copy and paste channels that have been programmed and move them would be a fabulous feature. An example of the undo would be a few days ago I accidentally hit one of the four receivers with my thumb while in RF set while moving the radio. It immediately wanted to bind... An undo would have saved me a lot of digging inside the model or at least a warning message asking to proceed with the bind.
Jul 18, 2019, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore
I want to be able to adjust the pitch curves and throttle curves and be able to adjust those curves for each flight mode without having to use the throttle cut function to disable throttle action because on a nitro I want to be able to use throttle cut to kill the engine. as it was intended. I don't see a way to do that at the moment because throttle cut is set to kill the engine per normal setup procedures. The only way I see to change flight modes while the pitch curve and throttle curve screens are open is via the assigned switch. Is it possible to have two throttle cut functions of different settings on a spring loaded 3 pos switch?
Have you tried to adjust the curves in flight using the direct adjust function?

This is how I do it for each mode until I get it tuned in.
Jul 18, 2019, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer
Mannie

One great feature for this radio is to have an undo feature so when you screw something up it can be undone. For complex aircraft being able to copy and paste channels that have been programmed and move them would be a fabulous feature. An example of the undo would be a few days ago I accidentally hit one of the four receivers with my thumb while in RF set while moving the radio. It immediately wanted to bind... An undo would have saved me a lot of digging inside the model or at least a warning message asking to proceed with the bind.
I think that something like that would be hard to implement.

However I can see room for improvement adding the option to manually save a model under a different name like model.V1, model.V2 etc'. This allows you to at least get back to a previous working version.
Jul 18, 2019, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Have you tried to adjust the curves in flight using the direct adjust function?

This is how I do it for each mode until I get it tuned in.
No. I just looked it up in the manual and it has its application but it would be beneficial to have a way while in the pitch or throttle curve menu to switch flight modes to directly access points to adjust.

I'll take a look at direct adjust.
Jul 18, 2019, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore
No. I just looked it up in the manual and it has its application but it would be beneficial to have a way while in the pitch or throttle curve menu to switch flight modes to directly access points to adjust.
This is something you can do. Just move the stick to the point you want to adjust after switching flight mode.
Jul 18, 2019, 03:45 PM
Quote:
This is something you can do. Just move the stick to the point you want to adjust after switching flight mode.
I think what he's saying is that he doesn't want the heli to spool up from and engine idle just to change some flight parameters, but he doesn't want to kill the engine to adjust them either. He also recognizes that he can get the desired effect using the throttle limiter, but I somewhat agree with him that, from a safety standpoint, a person should be able to set flight parameters for each mode without actually switching into that mode.
Jul 18, 2019, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
I think what he's saying is that he doesn't want the heli to spool up from and engine idle just to change some flight parameters, but he doesn't want to kill the engine to adjust them either. He also recognizes that he can get the desired effect using the throttle limiter, but I somewhat agree with him that, from a safety standpoint, a person should be able to set flight parameters for each mode without actually switching into that mode.
Thank you Alan that is exactly what I'm saying.

Quick Reply