Feb 04, 2018, 02:52 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Discussion

Spring F5J in Sacramento - 1 day - Fri Apr 20

Welcome to Spring F5J in Sacramento hosted by Sacramento Valley Soaring Society (www.svss.org). This is a 1-day F5J contest on Fri Apr 20 that is part of our club's annual TD “Spring Fling” weekend event. Info here: http://www.svss.org/spring-fling.html. The CD team for this AMA-sanctioned event is Sandy Smith and Chris Bajorek. Bill Curry is the organizer for both F5J and TD on Sat/Sun.

Name: F5J-USA-Logo-150px.png
Views: 9
Size: 11.4 KB
Description: Name: SVSS-Logo-250px.png
Views: 10
Size: 13.4 KB
Description:

This will be a full F5J USA Tour event. The fee for this event is $25 to be paid at the field upon registration. Registration is 10:30 - 11:00. Pilot's meeting at 11:00 and first round immediately following. If fewer than 16 pilots participate then per Tour rules the scores will be reduced by 10% before being posted as a season score.

No food will be provided for this event so please bring your own lunch. Lodging and other info is available at the Spring Fling link above.

Contest format - Given that this is a 1-day event there will be no fly-offs. We will get in as many rounds as we can. Assuming we get started promptly at 11am the last round will be the round in progress at 2:30pm. If more than 4 rounds are flown then the lowest round score will be discarded per FAI rules.

Awards - Award plaques will be given to the top 3 pilots.

Tour and FAI Rules

Lots of good F5J USA Tour information can be found at http://www.f5j-usa.com/f5j-usa-tour-information/. A Rules and Processes document (http://www.f5j-usa.com/event-rules-and-processes/) defines how this contest will be run. Note the pilot's meeting, start, and end times are defined above.

This event will be flown to standard F5J USA Tour rules which follows FAI F5J rules except that motor restarts will be permitted and will result in a zero score for that round. Each model flown must be equipped with an approved F5J altimeter. A list of currently FAI approved altimeters is available here.

GliderScore Smartphone scoring - We will be using GliderScore with smartphone scoring. Please bring your smartphone and make sure you install a QR Code reader app before the event; you will use this to scan your score card and get to your personal scoring screen. If you do not have a smartphone we will have a community laptop at the CD tent that you can use for score entry.

Field open for Fri practice - The field will be open for practice before and after the F5J contest.

We are very much looking forward to seeing you at the event.

Thanks much
Chris
Last edited by SoaringDude; Feb 05, 2018 at 11:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2018, 07:34 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
I hope to attend
Feb 08, 2018, 11:20 PM
Team Hello Kitty

Pilots list

Even though you pay at the field on Friday we will still maintain a pilots list here. If you plan to come chime in and I'll add you.

Pilots List: (17 on list)
Chris Bajorek
John Armstrong
Bill Malvey
Justin Rizor
Don McCullough
Lou Fox
Tim Johnson
Rick Johnston
Frank Campbell
Jerry Molnar
Bill Curry
Randy West
Fred Weaver
Mark Browning
Ali Khani
Aric Wilmunder
Kevin Wilmunder
Last edited by SoaringDude; Apr 14, 2018 at 07:36 PM.
Feb 08, 2018, 11:51 PM
Team Futaba
I'm planning on hopefully attending, possibly.
Feb 09, 2018, 09:06 AM
RV7guy

Wrong dates

Looks like John moves up a spot. This falls on my work week and I can't get off. Too bad. I really love this contest and field.

Retirement is nearing!!!

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Team Futaba
Feb 09, 2018, 10:59 AM
Team Hello Kitty
So sorry Darwin, the survey ended up clearly pointing to Apr 20-22 so we felt we had to go with it. We'll miss you not being there, catch ya next time.
Mar 08, 2018, 11:16 AM
Team Hello Kitty
6 weeks to go. Hope to see more guys signing up soon. If you like TD and F5J flying this is a really nice 3 days of competition. We also have an awesome BBQ on Saturday.
Mar 08, 2018, 01:06 PM
Team Futaba
If I am able to make unfortunately it will likely be only for the F5J on Friday.
Mar 30, 2018, 10:20 AM
Team Hello Kitty
3 weeks to go. Our field is a beautiful green and nicely mowed. All we need is more pilots!

If you are an F5J guy you can not only fly in the Friday F5J but also in the 2-day TD as an electric in the ALES-TD class. This year should be pretty competitive in that class with so many lighter planes. I'll be flying mine!

Chris
Apr 01, 2018, 12:04 PM
Just signed up, will be driving up on Thursday to fly on Friday for F5J also. That is if I don't throw Armstrong out of the car on the drive up!!!
Apr 01, 2018, 02:17 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Thanks for signing up Justin. I know what you mean about John--tough it out dude, it will be worth it (John's a really good guy!)
Apr 01, 2018, 02:38 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
Will be there for the Friday F5J.

Thanks,

Don
Apr 01, 2018, 03:20 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Thanks Don see you there.
Apr 01, 2018, 06:23 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmraapilot
Just signed up, will be driving up on Thursday to fly on Friday for F5J also. That is if I don't throw Armstrong out of the car on the drive up!!!
I guess we’re taking my truck. And the fact that you are not big enough to follow through with that plan. You will be sleeping anyways
Apr 01, 2018, 06:24 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
Look at the brite side. Your 5 at this point. Justin

Quick Reply