Mike Furcolow Memorial Fun Fly - Page 5 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Dragon 2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 08, 2018, 08:42 PM
Chris,

Eileen and I talked about maybe coming up to Buenie the weekend before. She wants to chicken dinner. Then I’ll stay up and she’d go home Sunday afternoon. Also I have a friend just moved to Gunny few days ago so I’ll pay her a visit and camp Blue Mesa Monday/Tuesday.
Last edited by Slope P; Apr 08, 2018 at 09:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2018, 08:11 PM
LP, I'll keep my calendar open in case you guys can ride here. I'll be right behind you that week and will most likely make Paonia by Wed. evening.
Apr 13, 2018, 09:47 AM
Chris,

Now Eileen is saying she’s gonna take Monday off as well so you’ll not far behind.
She says she wants to hike up Reinecker........have to love her for that!
Apr 13, 2018, 09:58 AM
formerly Juddkleinman
LP, is Eileen going to come over to Paonia for the FFF? It would be great to have here here. I am sure amber would love to take her riding while we fly.
Apr 13, 2018, 05:18 PM
Nah.........she’s not into sausage parties, as she puts it! Don’t blame her a bit, although she’s mention she’d like to disc launch a DLG if I had one. She works too hard since I told her I need a sugar mama to support my good habits.
Apr 14, 2018, 09:03 AM
And Repairs
Looks like I’ll be able to get there. Really looking forward to flying with you guys. Most of my sloping is in Kansas, but I did fly with some of you at a Blue Mesa event a couple of years ago. Spent a day at Big Mesa and at Smith Mountain when I was there, but some storms were in the area and the wind direction was pretty erratic then.

Will be driving up, so will be able to bring a decent assortment of planes and some camping gear. Probably won’t be able to transport a very impressive side dish for the meal - but I’ll bring some slope snack munchies for whoever wants them.

Thanks for putting this memorial fun fly event together!
Ty

A couple of pics from prior trip..,
Last edited by TyFlies; Apr 14, 2018 at 09:36 AM.
Apr 14, 2018, 09:13 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
Looking forward to flying with you here in Colorado Ty! Believe it or not, we even welcome Texans (and Kansasans) to our slopes here.

See you soon!

... Greg
Apr 14, 2018, 09:21 AM
And Repairs
It’s gonna be great. Oh, and if it helps I wasn’t born in Texas, and I spent my “formative years” in Western Nebraska and Eastern Colorado.

I’ll be bringing this JW. With a little luck maybe it can maiden at Smith Mountain.
Apr 14, 2018, 09:34 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
Sweet!

Lots of folks here have JW's... So can probably answer any thoughts / questions on either the Western Colorado or Front Range threads.
Apr 14, 2018, 11:12 AM
I totally remember you Ty and look forward to flying with you again! Way to take the initiative on coming so far.

LP, I don't know what Eileen or other women have against a "Sausage Fest"? I think I would have a great time around a dozen women. I wonder what that might be referred to as?
Apr 16, 2018, 08:22 PM
FWIW, I am currently planning to attend. I've got a fresh Bee and a couple other toys
so should be good to go.
Apr 17, 2018, 06:38 AM
Kick ass Ian. I had a feeling you might be coming over with the fresh Bee build and all, it'll be good to fly with you again.

On a side note....dudes, we are seriously in trouble now that Ian is showing up with the "Superlite Bee".
Apr 17, 2018, 08:34 AM
formerly Juddkleinman
We might have to start drilling holes in our knife edges!
Apr 17, 2018, 09:04 AM
formerly Juddkleinman
Ian, what is your shirt size?
Apr 17, 2018, 10:41 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Sad news for me. I'm having surgery on the 26th and DR says I have to sleep sitting up and can do nothing for 10 days after . That puts me at May 7 to be active again. I may be able to come on Saturday, but if I flew I couldn't fetch my plane , or even bend over to pick it up. I'm so bummed.

Quick Reply