Feb 27, 2018, 09:32 AM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Same spot. Would love to have it on Flat Top, but the road if wet is the problem. No where else has the ability to fly all directions
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2018, 10:46 AM
I Fly in Colorado too!
If ya don't mind an old fart newbie showing up to play I can be there Saturday and Sunday.

Archie
Feb 27, 2018, 11:53 AM
Now we're talking folks. Rich, build it and they will come!...or something like that.
Feb 27, 2018, 11:54 AM
formerly Juddkleinman
I am in!

Like Paul said, I did not see the new link as I don't regularly look a the home page for the slope forum, I just look at all the stuff I am already subscribed to.

Rich, have you gone onto the Front Range and Salt Lake threads and posted the link? I think this might help drive participation rather than just counting on people finding the stickie. I am happy to help too. It might be worth posting it on some of the really active threads like the Ahi and Labbel thread. As an event producer I would say you can't wait until you have a lot of people signed up to go to DF and get things to give away. You need to secure the giveaways and then use those things to entice people to come out. And if they don't, well, better odds that one of us will win something!
Feb 27, 2018, 04:13 PM
I will take one for the team and win everything you get donated, that way nobody else needs to have extra stuff sitting around.

Feb 27, 2018, 11:22 PM
Where's the wind?
I'm putting this on my list. I need some stick time.
Feb 28, 2018, 07:51 AM
Rocky Mountain High
On the way back to Gunnison. Visiting wife's family at what is left of family ranch outside Bandera, Texas. No cell service for two and half weeks. Rene and I will be there for sure. You guys are a great group. Enjoyed learning more about slope last fall at Blue Mesa. Have built two more wings for the for the spring.
Feb 28, 2018, 12:03 PM
This just warms the heart doesn't it? Gonna to be more combat than the battle over Midway!! I'll have two Bees with me....but they'll be stacked on top of other like a Biplane for that ultimate combat advantage. Watch out ya'll.
Feb 28, 2018, 12:20 PM
I Fly in Colorado too!
I have 2 very old Zagis that need to be rehabbed. I may put off another project and get them ready.

I am quite new at slope and will be an easy target for you guys so be gentle 😜

Archie
Feb 28, 2018, 06:37 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Archie, those Zagis will be fine. We wont target you.
Feb 28, 2018, 07:31 PM
I Fly in Colorado too!
Ya.....I'm sure!

Question, the Zagies I have had old 72 mh electronics in them. I had to strip all the tape off to up date everything in them. Questions is this. Is there a preferred way to cover the wing in packing tape? A way the tape runs or is applied that will make it stronger? These two Zagies had an underlay of the reinforced boxing tape so I assume that is standard practice. Is there anywhere that diagrams how to put the tape on:

Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 2
Archie, those Zagis will be fine. We wont target you.
Mar 01, 2018, 11:50 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
I'll be there too.

... Greg
Mar 01, 2018, 10:37 PM
figured maybe i should start getting ready for this. pulled this one out of the box and its already close to k ocking each of you out of the sky over and over.
Mar 02, 2018, 07:15 AM
If you stop now, it might come out as light as one of Rich's builds.
Mar 02, 2018, 10:23 AM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
18 oz. I'm going to build the next one to around 22 oz

Quick Reply