Mike Furcolow Memorial Fun Fly - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Dragon 2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 04, 2018, 01:39 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Discussion

Mike Furcolow Memorial Fun Fly

I have changed the name of the Western Colorado Slope Challenge . As some of you may know Mike passed away on March 14th. He will be missed by many. We plan a gathering at Garvin mesa on Friday May 4th for a cook out , then fly Big mesa on Saturday . Mike would have loved for us to celebrate his life .He had a great life and great a women to share it with. More details will follow. If anyone has a really good picture of Mike please send it to me . I want to get it enlarged and have everyone to sign it and I will give it to Terri. Thanks Rich Ps there will be no prizes as this is just a fun fly. Combat ON!

Rich
Rene
Mike
Lp
Paul
Randy
Chris 56
Mike C
Byron
Judd
Archie
Josh
Ron
Marvin
Canuck
Greg
Dean
Alex
Steve
Phil
TY
Ian
Last edited by Dragon 2; Apr 16, 2018 at 11:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2018, 03:04 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
May 4th 5th and 6th. Let me know who plans to attend.
Feb 10, 2018, 05:53 PM
I'll be there whenever it is, except Mother's Day when the sheepdog trial is.
Feb 11, 2018, 12:40 PM
I'll be there. May get another local flyer (Mike C) to join this year.
Feb 23, 2018, 09:10 AM
Onward and Upward
Rich,
If I'm still here, I'll be there. I have a couple of Paul's old slopies.

Randy
Feb 23, 2018, 09:49 AM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Randy, Where are you going?
Feb 24, 2018, 04:34 PM
Onward and Upward
Maybe to the Northwest area.
Feb 26, 2018, 12:25 AM
Well, we all know that the level of interest in combat has been waning for what??..10 years now. It doesn't matter as there will always be at least a half dozen of us that like to crack a beer, talk smack, and do it. Who cares if those front range duds dropped out a long time ago (anyone over there listening?). Plan the weekend and the die hards will be there having a blast. I'm coming regardless of what happens with a mountain bike in tow, stuff for Garvin, Smith, and combat of course. Keep the stoke, old slopers never die!!
Feb 26, 2018, 01:06 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Chris the reason I was asking was I wanted to bring it back to its old glory with give aways from Dream flight ect ect, but I cant justify even asking them if it looks like only a few will show up. I know I can count on our core group to come. I just wish those that are coming would speak up. The more that do the more that will sign up. There is going to be guaranteed wind . LOL
Feb 26, 2018, 05:25 PM
Where have I heard that before? Hah! I'm pretty sure Paul and Judd will be there and Mike if he is feeling well enough. Not sure about LP. People are kind of in and out of here right now due to the time of year. I bet there will be more interest in a month.

Tell Josh to post something for once. Essentially, that he will be there too. How about this guy Alex? Maybe he can chime in. Oh yeah, I'm on channel 56...old school!
Feb 26, 2018, 05:46 PM
Onward and Upward
Rich, I'll be on 2.4 all the way, eh?
Feb 26, 2018, 06:12 PM
weisenflymanheimer
Feb 26, 2018, 09:47 PM
Signing up. I plan to be there. Contemplating camping.
Byron
Feb 26, 2018, 11:32 PM
Iíll be there Rich...........

LP
Feb 27, 2018, 08:08 AM
Sorry, didn't see the thread, in general I only read the ones I am already watching, don't skim for new stuff.

Yeah I should be there? Is this the same spot as has been or are you contemplating other sites?

Quick Reply