Wx Station Maintenance Continues - RC Groups
Feb 04, 2018, 01:37 PM

Wx Station Maintenance Continues

Hey guys -

Thanks for the ongoing patience - here's where we're at:

New video service is vast improvement in the Wunderground cam feed

New solar controller is awesome and maintaining battery and system power brilliantly, so far no issues with conformal coating

Current 4G Modem/Router will not stay powered on. The Verizon Jetpack is not designed to stay powered on and it will shut down for no reason.

New equipment enclosure is waterproof, but a pain in the butt to open for system maintenance. 6 screws to open, no mounting bolts. Ugh!

So...here are the coming upgrades:
1) New updated enclosure for the electronics. Deploying the same model that is currently housing the battery and weather hub. These enclosures are NEMA5 rated, easy to mount, and very secure.
2) New 4G modem and wifi unit. This will be a NetGear LB1121 wired into the TP-Link 3020 wifi router.
3) Wiring and grommets redone.

I hope to have things completed and deployed next weekend. Let me know if you have questions.

Tristan
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2018, 01:37 AM
Hi Tristan,

Just wanted to say that I appreciate all of the effort you are putting into this station.

Thanks!

Dennis

Quick Reply