RIX : Convergence Mods - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by RickC_RCAV8R, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 04, 2018, 01:30 PM
Waste Nothing
Discussion

RIX : Convergence Mods

Gentlemen :

Since I received this model last week , I have only had one flight with it as the weather is not co-operating very much . This allowed me to read most of the extensive thread in the Electric Plane Talk forum found elsewhere on this website in the Convergence topic . There are a lot of mods posted in there , some of which are employed here . Although most of these mods are relatively simple in nature , the rear motor mount adapter seen in my previous posting was the major mod shown here . This adapter mod solves the rear motor centering with the rear duct and can only help to reduce , or negate the observed transition shuddering / shimmying seen .

The Mods Performed :

-- Add a VelCro strip in the battery bay to better secure the battery and provide a non-slip mounting .
-- Extend the battery power lead and route thru the forward hole provided for any camera wiring .
-- Use a battery voltage monitor with a high output buzzer .
Set this to trigger at a voltage level high than the
Low Voltage Cut Off .
-- Scuff up the motor shaft ends with emory paper to make for a better grip by the aluminum prop adapters .
-- Add a landing gear skid and secure with VelCro to make it adjustable for CG and overall balance .
-- Dress up the twin tails with customized markings for better visibility .
-- Remount the rear motor with the 3D printed adpter to correct the motor's centered height .
-- Upgrade the linkages with heli grade ball links and re-adjust the center-to-center overall lengths as near to 50mm as possible .

Additional maintenance related aspects were addressed like lubing the linkages and the forward motor mount bearings with graphite .

As with every modeler , performing any mods to a new model is a personal choice . For me , I decided to take the advice of the fellows that posted their thoughts and mods in the Convergence forum . Thanx to all for their experience and observations .

Regards to all of my readers , the flyers , builders and my Aussie mates . RickC_RCAV8R
Last edited by RickC_RCAV8R; Feb 06, 2018 at 02:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply