Feb 03, 2018, 06:12 PM
Denny the "Finger"

What's Your Winter Project?

I am wrapping up my winter project and was curious what others may be creating during the winter. I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

My project has been an ESM 74" F4U Corsair. I added a retractable tail wheel with operating doors, scale cockpit detail, and a retractable canopy. I split the cowl and added some breathing room for the 35cc radial. Except for the electric retractable main gear, the remainder of the build is stock with a few hardware mods.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2018, 09:33 PM
So many planes, So little time

January project

I put this little Taylor Craft (GreatPlanes) kit together.
O.S. fs .26 engine, four channel receiver. I hope it flies well.
Going to find out tomorrow, about that.
Name: t-c.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 776.9 KB
Description: It works good!. Bronco, Name: Bronco.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 679.9 KB
Description: Ready. Faster Bronco, Name: Faster Bronco.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 657.6 KB
Description:

Name: Casper the T-craft.jpg
Views: 10
Size: 800.4 KB
Description: Name: tcraft with trim.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 553.1 KB
Description: Name: Fast.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 642.2 KB
Description: Name: jug.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 645.3 KB
Description:
Tiny racer, P-47, flite test Bronco
Fisher Celebrity Aircraft Crash (1 min 55 sec)

Rubber-Powered 27" Pacific Standard C1 - Start To Finish (6 min 59 sec)

Rubber-Powered 27" DO-X - Start to Finish (5 min 40 sec)

This video is done by, Maxfliart. I like his style
Last edited by Xflyfun; Feb 16, 2018 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added photo
Feb 05, 2018, 11:24 PM
Denny the "Finger"
She's a beauty! Classic. I haven't tried building a float plane yet. I understand there are some power, specific float length/size and CG considerations but I am hardly familiar. I'll be at the field tomorrow too, but not sure when. If I don't see you, I hope you have a pleasurable maiden flight!
Feb 13, 2018, 05:13 PM
That Corsair looks phenomenal Den, love the details and the radial, can't wait to hear it!
Feb 13, 2018, 05:55 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel101
That Corsair looks phenomenal Den, love the details and the radial, can't wait to hear it!
Canopy clip:
ESM F4U Corsair Operating Canopy (0 min 12 sec)

Tail wheel clip:
F4U Retractable Tail Wheel and Doors Automation (0 min 19 sec)

Thanks Ivan, what are you working on? I know you must have a project going this winter?...
Last edited by D_Wright; Feb 13, 2018 at 06:01 PM.
Feb 15, 2018, 12:48 AM
The canopy action looks so smooth, very nice!

With our 6 month old baby there's not much time to build these days . The last thing I was working on was the Flightline Spitfire you saw, and I'm chipping away little by little on the A-7.

I've been more on the project acquisition side of things this winter . Got my hands on a Yellow Aircraft F-16 and a 63" long Usher F-100... good to keep me busy once there's a little more time .
Feb 15, 2018, 02:07 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Very cool Ivan! Are you going turbine or elec with the the F16? I'm putting together the MotionRC A-4/E. I've heard it has a blistering roll rate so I am putting a gyro in it.

I want to see what Lance is working on... my Spidey-Sense is telling me it might be a turbine attached to an F-20...
Feb 15, 2018, 05:56 PM
No turbine for me, I want to keep flying at FAWs and unfortunately we have the no turbine restriction. Although I don't mind it much due to the "savings" on not having to buy one .

I think Lance intended to put the turbine on a big F-20 but that'll take a while. Hope to see that A-4 soon!
Feb 17, 2018, 12:55 PM
Der Himmelsjäger

Rocket powered of course....2.6" tube and cone, 27" mpf kf wing, 31" length, depron tail, hand cut vinyl markings. Test flew before finishing yesterday in 10mph winds, I was tail heavy by an inch on the CG even using glide testing, made for an interesting maiden, pitched forward into the rocket exhaust then did three 50' loops on it's own about 10' off the ground at the bottom during motor burn, and then settled into a perfect landing. Added nose weight over several flights and now it's behaving very well. I wanted something that called back to my first aileron plane, a hobby shack Elektrik Stik based on the Das Ugly Stik, so used that for the markigns, wing and tail, but went with a canard for something unique.
Feb 17, 2018, 07:08 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Thats pretty cool, especially the retro touch, but your Klingon Battle Cruiser is my fave so far. Das Ugly Stik is very iconic. I think it will be around for many, many years to come in some form or another.

Here's a teaser for Ivan...
Feb 18, 2018, 02:09 AM
If anyone is interested in a kit of the klingon, I have a few left at $55, instructions are online at dynasoarrocketry.com just click on the battlecruiser picture and it will take you to the instructions.

That skyhawk is pretty sweet.

[QUOTE=D_Wright;39193927]Thats pretty cool, especially the retro touch, but your Klingon Battle Cruiser is my fave so far. Das Ugly Stik is very iconic. I think it will be around for many, many years to come in some form or another.
Feb 18, 2018, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Wright
I am wrapping up my winter project and was curious what others may be creating during the winter. I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

My project has been an ESM 74" F4U Corsair. I added a retractable tail wheel with operating doors, scale cockpit detail, and a retractable canopy. I split the cowl and added some breathing room for the 35cc radial. Except for the electric retractable main gear, the remainder of the build is stock with a few hardware mods.
Great looking Corsair. I love the detail you've put into it. Great job on the building and scale details!!!!
Feb 18, 2018, 03:35 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain George
Great looking Corsair. I love the detail you've put into it. Great job on the building and scale details!!!!
Thanks!

Your first post too! Are you a new member?
Feb 22, 2018, 05:00 PM
So many planes, So little time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel101
The canopy action looks so smooth, very nice!

With our 6 month old baby there's not much time to build these days . The last thing I was working on was the Flightline Spitfire you saw, and I'm chipping away little by little on the A-7.

I've been more on the project acquisition side of things this winter . Got my hands on a Yellow Aircraft F-16 and a 63" long Usher F-100... good to keep me busy once there's a little more time .
Yellow. F-16
https://youtu.be/D96j_hVRBWA
Sweet!

Quick Reply