This thread is privately moderated by Thunder50BMG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 02, 2018, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Rc chinook barebone project

First off, not my design. A friend of mine pointed me on this project (Nebbian) of Tom Stanton at YT and the design catches my attention and time is on my side so I decided to build my KK2 version and see if I could get it to the air. With total PID tweaking, it did flew and nothing to complain and handles pretty well on a tight space.

Tom uses 3D printer for some of his parts,like the yaw system, motor mounts and servo mounts and LG's but, I have no 3D printer and honestly,I'm not a fan of 3D printers. So ,I built mine with Flite test yaw system, wood and Alum. LG and more as showed in the pix.

Specs:
KK2.1.5. Mini / 2x : Sunnysky X2212-13 980 KV / Emax ES3104 Servos / 2X : Flite test yaw system / Scratchbuild Platform

Close-up pix and Maiden videoe:

Last edited by Thunder50BMG; Feb 02, 2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: 50bmg
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2018, 04:57 PM
Thread OP

Maiden flight

....and she's up !!!

RC CHINOOK BAREBONE * KK2.1.5. MINI * MAIDEN (3 min 25 sec)
Feb 02, 2018, 10:26 PM
Waste Nothing
Glad to see that you haven't given up the hobby ! I see that you have gone back into the Bicopters lately . I will consult you if I can ever figure out how to lighten up that Oblivion Bubbleship project I was fooling around with .

Scared of 3D printers are ya ? No worries mate . I am finding that I can't live without mine now . Used it today to make a motor mount adapter for my new CONVERGENCE Vtol . Regards mate . Rick
Feb 03, 2018, 04:34 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC_RCAV8R
Glad to see that you haven't given up the hobby ! I see that you have gone back into the Bicopters lately . I will consult you if I can ever figure out how to lighten up that Oblivion Bubbleship project I was fooling around with .

Scared of 3D printers are ya ? No worries mate . I am finding that I can't live without mine now . Used it today to make a motor mount adapter for my new CONVERGENCE Vtol . Regards mate . Rick
Hello Rick !
I am at the end of the rope on this hobby and slowly fading away. Just fooling around with this one.

Nope ! Not scared of 3D Printers , I just have a very low interest on getting one and I find it not very useful for me for I like building something from scratch and it's more rewarding for me and besides,I am on the way out and totally it's a wasted tool for me but, I totally find it very interesting tool.
Feb 19, 2018, 04:54 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for watching !!!!!

Quick Reply