Aladdinbox SkyCube Beginners Desktop 3D Printer - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 02, 2018, 12:43 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Mini-Review

Aladdinbox SkyCube Beginners Desktop 3D Printer

A 3D printer in every average household is closer to becoming reality every day! The Aladdinbox SkyCube is truly a beginner friendly 3D printer that requires no special skills, or assembly to use. Best part is, it is also extremely affordable!

If you've been thinking about getting a 3D printer for you, and your family to have some fun with, then this completely assembled, basically ready to print right out of the box printer might be just what you're looking for!

This little printer is about as easy as it gets to set up, and start using. I literally pulled it out of the box, removed the safety clips from inside the print area, loaded the filament, selected an object from the included SD card and started printing. If you can operate a computer, or smartphone, then you can start 3D printing with this excellent little machine.

In the box you get the printer, a magnetic print bed, which makes removing your printed objects very easy. a 1GB micro SD card pre loaded with some fun things to print, a card reader, a USB cable for connecting to your computer, should you choose to print that way. I personally do all of my printing offline using SD cards. You get a spool of PLA filament to get you started, a glue stick for aiding in bed adhesion for your prints, and a quick start user guide which explains basically everything you need to know to start printing.

The printer itself is compatible with Cura, Repetier-Host software which is user friendly, and easy to navigate. I prefer Slic3r myself, and have been using it on this printer without any issues. These programs are available for free download online so you can try them and decide for yourself which one is best for you.

The print area is a bit small which is expected for a printer with such a small footprint. If you have a 9 inch by 9 inch space available on your desk, or on a table, then you have room for this printer. The 110mm x 110mm bed is perfect for printing things like Tiny Whoop frames, household trinkets, giant LEGO, and thousands of other fun and useful items available on Thingiverse.

Check out the pics of this incredibly cool little machine, and stay tuned for more prints, and video.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Happy Printing!!
Last edited by fastmax; Yesterday at 09:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2018, 02:52 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Working on printing some Tiny Whoov frames. Here's the first style. This file can be found here on Thingiverse. Can't wait to get some electronics installed and take it for a hover.

I have this version printing now so I can compare the two.
Feb 06, 2018, 07:11 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Got a few frames ready. Now I just need the mail man to bring the rest of the goods. The one in the middle is this file. Just need to clean it up a little, and it'll be ready for elecs.
Last edited by fastmax; Feb 10, 2018 at 07:43 PM.
Feb 06, 2018, 09:46 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Not bad for a completely stock printer.
Feb 09, 2018, 09:23 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Giant LEGO minifigs in the making
Feb 10, 2018, 07:15 PM
Like your tinywhoov design.
I'll print one and add a skirt:
Build a better Tiny WHoov (instructions included) (2 min 29 sec)
Feb 10, 2018, 07:15 PM
Ok its not yours, but it looks cool
Feb 10, 2018, 07:31 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Great video canino! That thing looks like lots of fun. I'm hoping the mail man brings the rest of my stuff on Monday so I can finish my build and do some Whooving!
Feb 10, 2018, 07:37 PM
I didnt have any foam and was going to print the regular designs first today, but they looked to heavy. That design looks awesome tho.
Once busy i had to upgrade.
Feb 10, 2018, 07:47 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
I really like the way these ones look too. The first design I printed comes in at 18.5 grams with the infill settings I used. The second one is just over 21 grams. The second one is easier to build since you only have to print the 2 pieces, but we'll have to see how the added weight affects performance.
Feb 11, 2018, 03:44 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Someone is patiently awaiting the completion of his air tanks, and helmet, so that he can finally go on a space adventure
Feb 13, 2018, 02:34 AM
Cool fig!
Thats the old 80s spaceman right.
Feb 13, 2018, 06:02 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thanks! It is indeed based on the classic 80's minifig. He's a lot of fun to print. He is comprised of these files https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:654286 and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1345592 and then I used this head https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:164735 these hips https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2035280 and I used the arms, legs, hands, and arm pins from this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:85270
Feb 17, 2018, 12:41 AM
Build a better tinywhoov part 2(with a skirt) (4 min 56 sec)
Feb 17, 2018, 10:37 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
That's awesome! I can't wait to get mine going. My package of goodies has been delayed, so now I won't be able to finish the build until Tuesday.

Quick Reply