Sep 15, 2019, 05:04 AM
Hope that it is in the pipeline.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 08:49 AM
Hi all.

I cannot set my mobius maxi configuration into 1080p 60fps or 2.7k 30fps.

Yes can set it on mSetup, fw 2.26 but recorded video always get me 1080p 30fps. Using mobius wifi app also cannot change the configuration.

At the moment i got sandisk ultra a1 class10 64gb microsd card. Maybe not enough to record/write 1080p 60fps or above.

Please advice.
Thanks
Sep 16, 2019, 05:19 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.MAN141
Hi all.

I cannot set my mobius maxi configuration into 1080p 60fps or 2.7k 30fps.

Yes can set it on mSetup, fw 2.26 but recorded video always get me 1080p 30fps. Using mobius wifi app also cannot change the configuration.

At the moment i got sandisk ultra a1 class10 64gb microsd card. Maybe not enough to record/write 1080p 60fps or above.

Please advice.
Thanks
If the config display shows it's set fo your desired setting and it does not record at that frame rate, it's most likely your card is not able to write at the data rate you have set. CL 10, U-1, or higher speed class cards may not be able to keep up with some brands if you have the Video Quality set to Extreme Fine in the config (as noted in the mSetup tool tip for that setting. The camera will automatically drop down to a lower frame rate if it the card will not write the file fast enough.

To trouble shoot:

1. Toggle Quality down to Superfine (or lower) if set at Extreme fine

2. Test your memory card write speed using the h2tetw.exe utility program (Google for it).
Sep 16, 2019, 07:54 PM
h2testw
Sep 16, 2019, 08:37 PM
Thanks to both of u sir for the keen response.

1. Have toggled down the quality from superfine to normal. Still got the same 1080p 30fps.

2. Just tried the h2testw.
read speed 10.2mbs.
write speed 8.09mbs.

3. Also did try on mode2 at 720p 50fps. Recorded video get as configured (720p 50fps).
Sep 17, 2019, 01:35 AM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.MAN141
Thanks to both of u sir for the keen response.

1. Have toggled down the quality from superfine to normal. Still got the same 1080p 30fps.

2. Just tried the h2testw.
read speed 10.2mbs.
write speed 8.09mbs.

3. Also did try on mode2 at 720p 50fps. Recorded video get as configured (720p 50fps).
Your h2testw figures maybe should be mB/s (megaBytes/sec) rather than megabits/sec)? That would be more typical result for a CL 10 card if you tested the card while in the camera connected to your PC via a USB cable. Then, that would equal 64.72 megabits/sec, or 64,720 kb/s for the write speed, which is well beyond the average data rate of the captured videos at any of the camera's settings. But if your card has not been re-formatted (in the camera via it's internal formatting routine) recently, then the free space for writing could be very highly fragmented, slowing down the write speed.

Re-format the card in the camera and try another test. The camera should be able to capture 1080p-60fps at Superfine Quality with no issues if the card is functioning properly. The 4k mode uses the old clunky MJPEG codec rather than the much more efficient H.264 codec, so it's data rate is much higher possibly overtaxing the cards ability. Data rates that high are also beyond the specified max data rate for the camera's video capture hardware (hence the user alert in the mSetup tool tip for the Video Quality setting).

I'd also try a different card. The Sandisk high-speed cards have been a more problematic brand with earlier Mobius (and #16) cameras. The Samsung EVO U1 and Kingston CL-10 cards have worked well for me.
Sep 18, 2019, 06:16 AM
Yes Mr. Tom my mistake. It was mB/s.

Thanks for the assistance.

1. After further testing using sandisk ultra, i managed to get 1080p 60fps (superfine). First i configured using mSetup, then format the card using in-camera formatting. Record. Then, voila.

But if i view the recorded videos (via sd card adapter or through the camera connection), or connect to wifi app, previous configuration will be reset to lower quality -1080p 30fps @ 720p 60fps-.
Too much hassle IMO since i have to reconfigure & re-format again each time want to record desired settings.

2. Thus, I also test with sandisk extreme 64gb. Configured to 1080p 60fps & 2.7k & 30fps. Extreme fine settings. So far all working fine. Nice videos i would say. Also can use wifi app smoothly with all displayed options (quality & frame rate).

3. Next, waiting for money clipper to arrive, want to use it as camera hat mount. Easy to record rc's passes when operating alone.

Thanks again Mr. Tom & Mr. Tony for the tips. You're the best.
Sep 27, 2019, 10:20 PM
1st test on my rc passes. Just nice.

ProBoat Zelos 36 ABC1714 (2 min 6 sec)
Oct 10, 2019, 10:47 AM
Hi guys,

I posted here a few months ago to get info on a defective mobius maxi and I said I was working on a small hack of it, changing the cable and using it has a pov camera with a glasses mounted dedicated case.

I just wanted to give you an update about that:

I successfully managed to use the maxi with custom cables. For those who wonder, you need a FFC cable, 24 pins, 0.5mm gap & forward direction. The longest cable I used was 52cm length. I am in talks with a Chinese manufacturer to get 100 custom cables of 70cm with a round section in the middle (the ffc is cut in 3 and insulated with acetic acid tape) for 280$.

I also created a the case for the camera part of the maxi (see the attached pictures). It has 4 parts (3 are PLA printed) & 2 nylon screws:
  • the case itself, in 2 parts
  • a small plastic piece to slide along the left ride axis and block it in the desired position
  • a clamp on which I clip the rest on which serves as the glass leg fixation (up down axis)
There is also a 2 small pieces to plug in the former camera exit and maintain the ffc cable.

I wanted to contact the maker of the mobius cams to offer my cad files & feedback if they wanted me to but I am not sure of where I should knock. The closest place I found is their ebay page, but I'm not even sure it belongs to the people who make the maxi.

Also, if someone wants the CAD files, I can provide them (by PM only because I might sell a small batch of the whole pov camera remix and can't release them publicly yet).

If you have any question, feel free to ask. Feedback would be very welcome as well.
Oct 10, 2019, 04:34 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybobbonnet

I wanted to contact the maker of the mobius cams to offer my cad files & feedback if they wanted me to but I am not sure of where I should knock. The closest place I found is their ebay page, but I'm not even sure it belongs to the people who make the maxi.
The eletoponline365.com China eBay site is the direct seller of the Mobius cameras and IS part of the camera's development team.

Are you able to record quality video with a 52cm cable connecting the camera's CMOS module to the main circuit board?
Oct 11, 2019, 03:40 AM
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info about the ebay seller.

I do record 1080p 60 fps as default with 20, 42 and 52 cm cables without any issue in quality. I made a side by side video with a regular mobius maxi and a 52cm cable one and couldn't tell the difference in quality when comparing similar frames.

I also made a 8+ hour long video with that 52cm cable and a powerbank and it worked fine.

The only issue I had, and I believe it is not cable related, was to record with wifi & stream on. It overheated the maxi and crashed it after 20 minutes or so.
Oct 16, 2019, 04:34 PM
Whats the Maxi Plus then?
Oct 16, 2019, 05:49 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight
Whats the Maxi Plus then?
Do you have a link to discussion of it?
Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Do you have a link to discussion of it?
It's mentioned on the latest mSetup under 'Allow Firmware Updates' section
Yesterday, 04:34 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight
It's mentioned on the latest mSetup under 'Allow Firmware Updates' section
Ahhh… OK.

The short answer is that camera doesn't exist except in an experimental alpha testing form, so ignore that FW Update tag you found. It is non-functional and the FW is not compatible with the Maxi anyway.

That FW update tag you found in mSetup (you're the only one to mention it!) was put into a beta mSetup version to facilitate easy FW updating for the camera beta testers only. Then other unrelated mSetup changes were made, and that tag was accidentally overlooked when mSetup was released.

FWIW, we noticed that tag was accidentally released, but rather than revise and re-release mSetup, we chose to leave it there for now hoping most users would not notice it. So, you are to be congratulated on being the first person to spot it!

Quick Reply