May 24, 2018, 04:48 AM
Thanks! So I take it the extra 10mm length is lens protusion if the M1 body fits the Maxi mount? I know you said "from memory", but do you recall if the locking pins engage correctly on the M1 in the Maxi mount? That info would certainly tell us if it's the lens protrusion.

Also noting USB and SD slots are reversed on back of Maxi compar'd to M1. The Maxi mount doesn't seem to have a USB cutout for the cable end. Hmmm... might need minor mods to work for form and fit if I'm gong to grab this cam... I already own seven M1 mounts!
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2018, 05:59 AM
The length of both M1 and Maxi cases is 58mm. The extra 10mm length is the lens. The Maxi lens module sits much closer to the end of the case

I will take some side-by-side photos and take more measurements tonight.
May 24, 2018, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM1
The length of both M1 and Maxi cases is 58mm. The extra 10mm length is the lens. The Maxi lens module sits much closer to the end of the case

I will take some side-by-side photos and take more measurements tonight.
Thank you! That would be very helpful!
May 25, 2018, 04:29 AM
The M1 does sit inside the Maxi mount, but the retaining lugs do not engage with the holes in the M1 case, so it could slide out.

May 25, 2018, 04:36 AM

Mobius Maxi and Mobius 1

The Maxi case dimensions are identical to the M1. The Maxi also has the same rubberised plastic which offers a decent amount of grip for hand-holding the camera.

The main physical differences between the Maxi and the M1 are:
- Maxi has a centrally placed lens. The M1 lens is offset from centre. This may be of benefit to RC video users when aligning the camera on a quad or plane.
- Maxi has ventilation holes down both sides - similar to the revised Mobius Mini case
- Maxi has black (discreet) and orange (high visibility) heatsink options.
- The button layout is different. The central button is the power button. The smaller buttons in the top corners are record and mode.
- The recording indicator (optional) is now on the rear corner, which makes it easier to see. The ring around the power button lights up and/or flashes green/amber/red/blue depending on the mode of operation.
- The mount cradles are very similar, but not interchangeable.

Orange heatsink version
Last edited by TonyM1; May 25, 2018 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Added orange heatsink version
May 25, 2018, 11:52 AM
TonyM1 or Frank,

Is the USB a standard micro USB connector or is it something more bespoke. With the M1 I use a standard mini USB lead, with a switch on a separate ubec, to power the cameras on my Bixler and Quad and set it to start recording on power. Can I do the same with a standard micro USB lead as I have lots lying around.

Richard
May 25, 2018, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
Is the USB a standard micro USB connector or is it something more bespoke. With the M1 I use a standard mini USB lead, with a switch on a separate ubec, to power the cameras on my Bixler and Quad and set it to start recording on power. Can I do the same with a standard micro USB lead as I have lots lying around.
5V and ground are always in the same place on USB, so any lead will work for charging/power. Isn't that mini USB though (like all the other Mobius cams), rather than micro?

Video-out however moves around from camera to camera (and sometimes you have to short other pins together in order to activate it).
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 25, 2018, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
TonyM1 or Frank,

Richard
I have mine configured to auto start recording on external power using a standard mini USB cable. It is a 10 pin connector that supports possible future devices such as an external microphone.
May 25, 2018, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info. The USB port on the Maxi photo did not look, to my eyes, on my tablet like a mini USB but on closer inspection I see that it is. I should be able to use my existing leads if I decided to get a maxi.
May 26, 2018, 02:44 AM
@TonyM1

Thanks for all the photos and writeup. Very helpful indeed, so much appreciated! I can see that the only way to use my existing M1 mounts is to do some modding, if possible. It would surely save me from buying more mounts should I get the Maxi. The Maxi specs look great though, and jeesh... I just spent more on a new M1 with D lens! On to ebay!
May 27, 2018, 10:04 AM

Camera Configuration and Firmware

where do i find windows camera configuration software?
May 29, 2018, 12:46 AM
The button placement looks ugly...
May 29, 2018, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Morse
where do i find windows camera configuration software?
Isoprop has been busy working on a new version of mSetup. I know he is also away at the moment. He should have the software ready before anyone receives their new cameras. Keep checking back to posts #6 and #7 which Isoprop has reserved for information about mSetup for the Maxi.

You can also use the .txt configuration file to modify the camera settings with any text editor, just like the other Mobius cameras.
May 29, 2018, 10:13 AM

Maxi - Lens A and Lens B

Two versions of the Maxi are now available from eletoponline365.
Lens A F2.8 135 degree FOV
Black https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobius-Ma...-/183247878413
Orange https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobius-Ma...K/183249434411

Lens B F1.5 150 degree FOV
Black https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7K-Mobi...-/163058924848
Orange https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7K-30fp...m/163059042143
Last edited by TonyM1; May 30, 2018 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Additional links and images
May 30, 2018, 07:21 PM
Dance the skies...
Thread OP

M2 Trade-in Offer

In response to some Mobius M2 users who found the camera lacking in meeting their expectations, and now see the Mobius Maxi better meeting their requirements, the developer is offering this brief trade-in opportunity.

Quick Reply