Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 30, 2018, 11:26 PM
how does the "beeper" function works?
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2018, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
how does the "beeper" function works?
When enabled, the camera emits a short series of beeps for different camera functions (turn on, turn off, start recording, end recording).
May 31, 2018, 03:52 AM

Maxi - Buttons, LEDs and Sounds

Here is a short video showing the basic Maxi button functions, the indicator LEDs and the different beep sounds for video and photo modes.

Mobius Maxi - Basic Functions (0 min 57 sec)
May 31, 2018, 06:42 AM
I like the 'shutter' sound when taking stills
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jun 02, 2018, 01:26 AM

Questions for Mobius Maxi

Hello
I'm very interested in this camera because I still searching for the real successor of Mobius M1 ans I have several questions:
1) Is this product in usable state or how long should I wait for necessary bug fixes in firmware and maybe in hardware?
2) Is there available samples of videos and photos from this camera anywhere or at least experiences from users?
3) Has anybody tested how long is this camera able to record video and time lapse photos from internal battery?
4) How this camera should be protected against air humidity and rain? If there are ventilation holes on sides is it possible to close camera into waterproof cover?
5) What video codec is supported? H264, H265 or both as in M2?
6) If there is a "Gravity-sensor" inside, can I get accelerometer data recorded during video either as videofile metadata or as a separate log file? It would be very nice to use acceleration information into final video file (postprocessing like speed from GPS log) but it is necessary to be able synchronize accelerometer data with video.
7) Is it plain accelerometer chip inside or some combined accelerometer+gyro or accelerometer+magnetometer? What data are available to user?
8) What filesystem on SD card is supported? Still only FAT32?
9) Is there some indication of low battery state during recording?
10) What about USB webcam mode? Will be available in this camera?
11) Did developers thing about some sort of open source access? I suspect that very interesting piece of hardware may suffer by absence of time for developers and after creating a new camera model, users won't get a new firmware anymore as we can see for Mobius M1 and M2. Possibility to fix bugs by users without waiting for official developers could help and make this camera much more interesting.
Jun 02, 2018, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry99
2) Is there available samples of videos and photos from this camera anywhere or at least experiences from users?
There are many samples here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/mobius-maxi.277/
Jun 02, 2018, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Hello
I'm very interested in this camera because I still searching for the real successor of Mobius M1 ans I have several questions:
I can answer a few of your questions :
1) The camera is stable with no major issues. I would like to see the AWB improved, but the camera functions are all OK.
2. Firebird_PL already posted a link to my dashcam forum which has some driving video samples. I'm a novice RC flyer and my quad has some jello, so I have not posted any aerial video yet.
3. The official figures are "about 100 minutes of 1080p 60fps HD video, about 140 minutes of 2.7K 30fps HD video". I have not tested time lapse photos yet.
5. H264
9. LED flashes red when battery is low. There may be a beep alert too?
10. Yes, USB webcam mode
Jun 02, 2018, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM1
I have not tested time lapse photos yet.
Could you for example test duration of 10sec time lapse photos 2704x1524, please? Please...
It would be nice if camera can record photos at least 24h from internal battery as M1 with longer interval.

Quote:
H264
At dashcamtalk.com I found information that JPEG is used for 2.7K video. And even sample video downloaded from link available there was in MJPEG.
So this camera is using only MJPEG? Or H264 is available only for 1080p but doesn't work for highest resolution?

This is quite strange step to go from effective H265 codec at M2 to poor MJPEG but maybe it can produce less heat in cost of larger memory card.
Jun 02, 2018, 08:09 AM
Quote:
At dashcamtalk.com I found information that JPEG is used for 2.7K video. And even sample video downloaded from link available there was in MJPEG.
So this camera is using only MJPEG? Or H264 is available only for 1080p but doesn't work for highest resolution?

This is quite strange step to go from effective H265 codec at M2 to poor MJPEG but maybe it can produce less heat in cost of larger memory card.
Yes, it is h264 for 1080p or less. The processor cannot do h264 for 2.7k. However with a suitable microSD card I still prefer to use 2.7k over 1080p60 because it delivers higher detail.
Jun 02, 2018, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Yes, it is h264 for 1080p or less. The processor cannot do h264 for 2.7k. However with a suitable microSD card I still prefer to use 2.7k over 1080p60 because it delivers higher detail.
Ok and what about resolution 1920x1440 and 3840x2160 which I can see on screenshot? Also only MJPEG?

If I understnad GUI correctly FOV narrow/wide (I suppose it means crop/rescale), video quality, loop recording, stabilizer, OSD... are common for Video 1 and Video 2 mode. So I can't set Narrow with stabilizer only for the second video mode. This limitation comes from mSetup or was put into firmware? On mobius M1 it was nice that I can set most video parameters independently in both video modes. For example Video 1 mode for dash cam when in car (wide, lower quality and rotated image) and Video 2 for pocket camera usage (narrow, not rotated, higher quality).

And function "Video OSD" means Date&time recorded into video?
Jun 04, 2018, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Ok and what about resolution 1920x1440 and 3840x2160 which I can see on screenshot? Also only MJPEG?

If I understnad GUI correctly FOV narrow/wide (I suppose it means crop/rescale), video quality, loop recording, stabilizer, OSD... are common for Video 1 and Video 2 mode. So I can't set Narrow with stabilizer only for the second video mode. This limitation comes from mSetup or was put into firmware? On mobius M1 it was nice that I can set most video parameters independently in both video modes. For example Video 1 mode for dash cam when in car (wide, lower quality and rotated image) and Video 2 for pocket camera usage (narrow, not rotated, higher quality).

And function "Video OSD" means Date&time recorded into video?
Video OSD refers to the info displayed on the video-out, not on the recorded video - see attached tooltip from mSetup

Yes, most video options are common to both video modes 1 and 2. This is the same as the Mobius Mini which is very similar in terms of FW functions. You can use auto rotate so that, as in your example, you can use the camera inverted for dashcam and normal orientation for pocket video.

4k video (3840x2160) is MJPEG. I have not tried 1920x1440, but I suspect it will be AVC.
Jun 04, 2018, 07:53 AM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
I have not tried 1920x1440, but I suspect it will be AVC.
Yes, it is AVC, but it's limited to 30 fps. For use where the camera is fast panning a lot, such as most AV recording, the low frame rate brings with it a hard to watch "jump-step" video.
Jun 08, 2018, 08:20 AM
Hi, I have just recieved my Mobius Maxi (pre installed with firmware 1.86) and I have noticed there appears to be a lip sync issue where the sounds/voices are a second or two out of sync (later) than the video, 'mSetup' only shows the initial firmware version (1.85) as being available and not 1.86 ., has anyone else had this issue ? I have no problems with other video files from my other Mobius (1 and Mini), I have video quality of the Maxi set to Normal image quality, Image Stabiliser Off and video set to 1920x1080 and am using a decent class 10 card so I doubt I'm overloading any software/hardware. Thoughts?
Last edited by northernlanes; Jun 08, 2018 at 01:07 PM.
Jun 08, 2018, 02:16 PM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlanes
Hi, I have just recieved my Mobius Maxi (pre installed with firmware 1.86) and I have noticed there appears to be a lip sync issue where the sounds/voices are a second or two out of sync (later) than the video, 'mSetup' only shows the initial firmware version (1.85) as being available and not 1.86 ., has anyone else had this issue ? I have no problems with other video files from my other Mobius (1 and Mini), I have video quality of the Maxi set to Normal image quality, Image Stabiliser Off and video set to 1920x1080 and am using a decent class 10 card so I doubt I'm overloading any software/hardware. Thoughts?
Strange, I have a synch issue with my Mobius 2 when running H265. No issues at all using H264 though. Mine also is about 2 seconds out which is a real pain, but in the meantime I'll stick with H264 and sacrifice the file size.

Pat
Jun 08, 2018, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coongoola
Strange, I have a synch issue with my Mobius 2 when running H265. No issues at all using H264 though. Mine also is about 2 seconds out which is a real pain, but in the meantime I'll stick with H264 and sacrifice the file size.

Pat
done some thorough testing with different settings, faster sd cards (u3) and used the 2 choices of file types (which for the Maxi is .MOV or . MP4) and the problem is still there., i have even reverted to firmware 1.85 (i cannot go back to 1.86 as that option isn't in mSetup at the moment) but still no change. The sound is 1 or 2 seconds 'before' (not after) the video

Quick Reply