Aug 10, 2019, 02:11 PM
Julian T
Good to hear Herr - though sorry to hear it was still twitchy. At least you are getting some pleasure out of it now The extra inch diameter will help with launch. Have you tried a >45 degree launch on high throttle yet?

Julian
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2019, 02:31 PM
Some of the props I located came in today. New, these carbon props cost $10 a piece. there are 11 props in various sizes. The whole lot, including shipping cost me $25. These were all discontinued yrs ago, and are getting scarce. Can’t wait to try some of these out
Last edited by seng30904; Aug 12, 2019 at 06:02 PM.
Aug 13, 2019, 12:52 AM
Julian T
Very nice find seng. I presume they discontinued them because demand was not high enough - too much of a niche market.

Julian
Aug 21, 2019, 04:58 AM
So, two more good flights today. Nearly lost it on the first launch. Too much throttle(I think with the 9x9 it needs more like %50 instead of %70-80 like with the 8x8), too responsive on the ailerons. Managed to get out of it though. The plane flew great. I am slowly getting the hang of it.. It feels about as fast as as EFXtra on 5S, but it is not nearly as loud - and that is a very good thing. I have been shooting myself in the foot the last couple of years. As I go faster, I get louder...

Anyway, I am coming around to this plane. It looks great in the air(or just on the ground), and does fly well, though I have still not really explored the envelope. Just trying to keep it straight and level on the passes, and slowly start pushing it more - with harder turns, etc..

The 9x9 is brilliant. I reckon it probably accomplishes the same speed jump on 4S that 5S on the 8x8 would...

Multiplex Funracer 4S 9x9 APC-E (6 min 39 sec)
Last edited by Herrsavage; Aug 21, 2019 at 05:10 AM.
Aug 21, 2019, 06:52 AM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So, two more good flights today. Nearly lost it on the first launch. Too much throttle(I think with the 9x9 it needs more like %50 instead of %70-80 like with the 8x8), too responsive on the ailerons. Managed to get out of it though. The plane flew great. I am slowly getting the hang of it.. It feels about as fast as as EFXtra on 5S, but it is not nearly as loud - and that is a very good thing. I have been shooting myself in the foot the last couple of years. As I go faster, I get louder...

Anyway, I am coming around to this plane. It looks great in the air(or just on the ground), and does fly well, though I have still not really explored the envelope. Just trying to keep it straight and level on the passes, and slowly start pushing it more - with harder turns, etc..

The 9x9 is brilliant. I reckon it probably accomplishes the same speed jump on 4S that 5S on the 8x8 would...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGxv...ature=youtu.be
Nice.
Last edited by Andy852; Aug 21, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
Aug 21, 2019, 07:00 AM
Julian T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGxv...ature=youtu.be
Good to hear Herr - I suspect you are right re speed on a 9x9/4s vs 8x8 5s. I have got used to it now but I was very surprised by how quiet the model was when I first flew it, and that is a big consideration at our site. Talking of which, that is a great site you fly from - space and comparative lack of trees - none close in - are very different from mine.

Julian
Aug 23, 2019, 04:02 PM
Beginner flight RC
After almost two years of flights, it needs a restoration aesthetically ... but it still flies great! Apart from the speed what I like about this plane and that you can do almost 3D. Here is my last video, I hope you like it.

Multiplex Fun Racer Acro 3D (3 min 51 sec)
Aug 23, 2019, 09:57 PM
Awesome flying. Really touches on what I believe Multiplex envisioned for the F/R all along.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:27 PM
Cool video. And impressive flying skills.. Way beyond me...

ps - Interesting, also a 9x9 I see....
Last edited by Herrsavage; Aug 24, 2019 at 03:57 AM.
Aug 24, 2019, 02:58 AM
Julian T
Great video and flying Fiore. It was a promo video like that from Aerobertics which prompted me to buy the FR in the first place but I got tempted by the all out speed route - watching that I think I will go back, increase my throws back up to where they were and have some different fun
Aug 24, 2019, 07:39 AM
Fiore, I think Multiplex should send you a new FR, your testimony and video are the best marketing I've seen yet. Awesome skills and beautiful flying site!
Aug 24, 2019, 03:41 PM
Beginner flight RC
Thanks guys, then I'll wait for them to send me the new one, ahahahahah
Aug 25, 2019, 05:07 AM
Julian T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
Thanks guys, then I'll wait for them to send me the new one, ahahahahah
As the old Mercedes advert used to put it - about the guy who has an ancient Merc.. When asked why he doesn't buy a new Merc he replies 'I haven't finished with the old one yet!'

But I agree - that is a great advert for the model but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting I just watched the Aerobertics video again and I think yours is even better
Multiplex FunRacer - Aerobertics.be (2 min 41 sec)
Aug 25, 2019, 05:55 AM
Beginner flight RC
Wow, thanks Juliant, with iphone on the hat you can't do much, it would be nice to make some videos with a quality video camera with which you can use a zoom. We hope this Funracer still has a long life ...
Sep 01, 2019, 03:49 AM
Julian T
Following Fiore's excellent example I have now reverted to a wild setup - only 4s and 8x8 but the snaps and tumbles took my breath away and left me watching the model carefully to see if it was still intact. Snaps are so fast my old eyes could not follow its antics and I simply regained control when I released the sticks. I probably need to change to a 9x9 as it would only snap hard on my 2 best 4s packs, on my older packs it simply gyrates around in a mild manner by comparison. It also does a lovely flat inverted spin as Fiore showed but I could not get the same flatness upright. It was a spin rather than a spiral dive though. Perhaps I need to move the CoG back - it is at the recommended spot at the moment.

Julian

Quick Reply