Apr 30, 2018, 04:12 AM
What would be a good motor from HK?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2018, 07:43 AM
This one after reversing the shaft.... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...ner-motor.html
or this one: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...500-class.html if your looking for serious speed (similar kv than the EFXtra motor ) and you won't even need to reverse the shaft...
May 01, 2018, 02:46 AM
Thanks. This could be something I might consider over the next couple months. Though at the moment I would probably be inclined to go with the new E-flite V900... Easier to get going, and presumably similar performance, for less money.
May 06, 2018, 01:57 AM
Thread OP
Which batteries are you using in yours ?
3 or 4S ?
And how many mAh ?
May 07, 2018, 10:41 AM
Thread OP
Are you using the mix rudder/elevator and rudder/ aileron ?
I tried but I am not satisfied with it, maybe the settings wasn’t well done ...
May 08, 2018, 12:11 AM
Beginner flight RC
Now on 6 planes purchased 3 electric motors have stopped working, Multiplex we are not really ...
May 09, 2018, 01:09 AM
Absolutely not OK at its price, given what the EFXtra costs(especially when on sale..), and that the E-flite V900 just came out - also significantly cheaper.
May 09, 2018, 02:30 AM
Beginner flight RC
I have not tried or seen the v900 in flight, aesthetically I find the Funracer more pleasant, but each has its own taste, The Multiplex has larger control surfaces that allow you to have a plane to do some acrobatics, the plane performs flat spin, knife edge, snap and other maneuvers. While the v900 looks more like a classic pilon. I also like to see how the marketing approach of the two brands is different. Multiplex focuses on the fun of flying all together in a combat race style, and I have to say that we managed to get the plane to buy 6 people from our group. Horinzon instead focuses on ease of piloting with its as3x technology. But their video also seems quite boring, like the graphics of the plane. I find the Multiplex more attractive, too bad only for the poor quality of the electronics. However I think that for what it costs A Hobby King Efx Racer is the best choice, with € 136.00 you bring home a fast and fun plane, if you buy it during the discounts you can buy it for € 106.00
May 10, 2018, 02:45 PM

Availability in US?

Why is it taking so long for the FunRacer to be available in the US/North America????
May 10, 2018, 06:22 PM
Out Standing In The Field
Quote:
Originally Posted by rch37
Why is it taking so long for the FunRacer to be available in the US/North America????
Hopefully, they're fixing the quality problems reported in Europe before it's released here.

That, and there seem to still be Dogfighters available at a discount at Weekenderwarehouse (if they make the shipping free, I'll buy one).
May 11, 2018, 10:14 AM
Fully Sending It
Quote:
Originally Posted by rch37
We only get one, maybe two containers from Multiplex per year because we have to fill the entire container with product before it ships. A 20' container full of funracers, as fun as that may sound, would never sell here in the US. ETA for that container (which will assuredly have more than just funracers in it) is sometime around mid-summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGalore
Hopefully, they're fixing the quality problems reported in Europe before it's released here.

That, and there seem to still be Dogfighters available at a discount at Weekenderwarehouse (if they make the shipping free, I'll buy one).
You would be shocked at just how expensive it really is to ship these airplanes, dogfighters are discounted as far as we can possibly go, the shipping cost is a flat rate (and believe me, that flat rate is cheap!!).
May 11, 2018, 02:09 PM
Beginner flight RC
It seems that the problem with the electric motor is given by the cold factory welding, replaced the connectors and remade the welding works correctly.
May 17, 2018, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
We bought 6 funracers to make a team pilon all together, the plane is fun, moving the center of gravity a little behind it is possible to do flat spin, and some other fun acrobatic maneuver. Some problems can be there at launch, without wind and if not perfect, the plane tends to go left with the risk of crashing. The backhand launch is yet to be tested. A problem that we all had, the supplied esc has a factory defect, suddenly the engine turns off, so it is to be replaced with another, moreover an airplane also had a problem on a non-working servo. I believe that Multiplex has been sparing lately on the installed electronic components.
I am a bit concerned about the ESC motor shut down. With the motor shutdown did you still have power to the Rx, in otherwords control of the plane for and emergency landing ?

I have the same 755 Roxxy ESC ( 55 Amp) in a FunRay that I am about to maiden, however, I noticed the ESC to be rather hot to touch when I ran the motor at about 20% throttle in a static test. This about a motor turning off has me raising an eyebrow. I am wondering whether I should change out that ESC before flying.

Edit: Although, I just read in another post that this ESC has been working fine in the FunRay.
Last edited by Creative RC; May 17, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
May 17, 2018, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
It seems that the problem with the electric motor is given by the cold factory welding, replaced the connectors and remade the welding works correctly.
Does this mean the 755 Roxxy ESC is working fine ?
May 17, 2018, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Xpress..;39640828]We only get one, maybe two containers from Multiplex per year because we have to fill the entire container with product before it ships. A 20' container full of funracers, as fun as that may sound, would never sell here in the US. ETA for that container (which will assuredly have more than just funracers in it) is sometime around mid-summer.

Xpress,
Thanks for the update/info. Didn't know you only get a few containers a year and didn't realize they were 20 footers.
Mark

Quick Reply