Mar 12, 2018, 11:41 AM
Fully Sending It
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusterCluck
How does this plane compare in size to the Dogfighter? I had a Dogfighter but it did the Glad bag walk of shame with me and never got a replacement.
We don't have a FunRacer here yet so I can't tell you much in the way of comparison...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2018, 05:53 PM
I'm not the pivot man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
We don't have a FunRacer here yet so I can't tell you much in the way of comparison...
Sounds like you need to get a trip to Germany authorized. Product research, PR, Pictures, ...... food, beer.
Mar 13, 2018, 09:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
How does this plane compare in size to the Dogfighter? I had a Dogfighter but it did the Glad bag walk of shame with me and never got a replacement.
i will tell it to you soon(i hope), i have both but i could not do the maiden flight with the Fun Racer, the weather here in Switzerland is too bad for flying ...
Mar 13, 2018, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer

Designed in Germany, built in China?
A German factory would never build it like that. That's shocking!
we should say, think in Germany, made in China ...

and the problem for the connection was that the esc wasn t glued to the fuselage ...
Mar 13, 2018, 06:02 PM
I'm not the pivot man
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascandrea
i will tell it to you soon(i hope), i have both but i could not do the maiden flight with the Fun Racer, the weather here in Switzerland is too bad for flying ...
Look forward to your thoughts. I have almost convinced myself to order one of these from Europe.

I shall need to be certain to order the European version though; the MPX video shows these guys launching the plane upside down so there must be an 'Australian' version also.
Mar 14, 2018, 05:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Look forward to your thoughts. I have almost convinced myself to order one of these from Europe.

I shall need to be certain to order the European version though; the MPX video shows these guys launching the plane upside down so there must be an 'Australian' version also.
LOL

it s the way they propose to launch the plane, it s written in the manual ...
Mar 14, 2018, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascandrea
LOL

it s the way they propose to launch the plane, it s written in the manual ...
...apparently because it is more stable and tracks rather straight out after launch, with the vertical stab more effective upside down - just don't forget not to pull on the elevator after launch, but rather push a bit
Mar 14, 2018, 05:39 PM
I'm not the pivot man
I was wondering what their reason was for launching that way.

I thought at first it might simply be due to the fact a person would have a better grip on the plane for a hand launch if it were up side down. When upright, doing a over-the-head hand launch requires holding the plane from behind the wing at the bottom of the fuselage.

I might try hand launching it like a DLG.
Mar 18, 2018, 09:27 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
If it torque rolls it is upright?
Mar 27, 2018, 02:01 PM
allmost ready to maiden
Mar 29, 2018, 05:49 AM
Is there a kit version without electronic available ?
Apr 05, 2018, 02:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu Simon
Is there a kit version without electronic available ?
Not yet
Apr 05, 2018, 01:00 PM
I went to my LHS and saw the Funfighter in the flesh. Nice little airplane loosely inspired by the P51 based reno racers.

Will make a nice new home for the" A spec" guts currently in my old 150 + mph Dogfighter: Scorpion 1600 kv Heli motor + 100 Amp YEP ESC.

Kit is not available yet but should be in undetermined future hopefully....
Apr 05, 2018, 02:27 PM
Manu, what battery and prop are u running? Sounds like a sweet setup
Apr 05, 2018, 04:01 PM
I fly my Dogfigher on a 4S 3000 to 3500mah lipo and 8x8 JXF sport prop (very similar to APC sport) or....
5S 2500 to 2800 mah lipo and 7x7 Aeronaut carbon power prop.

Quick Reply