Oct 10, 2021, 12:56 PM
Well, I am finally getting some weird behavior out of my Fusion 270... acts and sounds like a bearing, but not sure where. time for a full tear down, and likely bearing replacement. Has anyone found a good US supplier for abec 3 or 5 bearings? I am considering a full bearing upgrade with the tear down
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2021, 11:51 PM
it will be one or all 4 of the tail - belt drive bearings......... they wear out real fast in the 450's, same basic parts, shorter tube..........
Oct 16, 2021, 02:51 AM
Yes, the stock tail bearings fail at a crazy rate! but the whine / whistle was in the motor! I also answered my own question for a source.... did you know Boca is in Florida? I think I am going to set it aside for now, and use the shotgun approach... it deserves boca bearings all around. and the abec 5's are a huge bargain, I found main shaft bearings at under $10. the LHS wanted to sell me the whole mount to get the mains.
Oct 16, 2021, 04:33 AM
i get my bearings from a University robotics supplier here in NZ, Grade 3-5 and good pricing. They can get grade 5-7 ceramics as well - perfect for motors.

Oxy 3 bearings are all grade 3 or 5 from the get go. SAB stuff is all grade 5 apparently.

blade bearings and motors are all junk imo, sick of replacing them......... though i have seen worse, KDS being the absolute crappola king so far..... my god they where rubbish bearing in that one.......
Oct 16, 2021, 04:59 AM
So, you like the ceramics in the motors then? i assume the hybrids in abec 7? my top (inside) motor bearing had a foreign object in it, and had started to spin... I cleaned them in alcohol and soaked them in oil overnight, then cleaned the outer race and used bearing retainer sa temporary fix, noise gone, but still getting random tail wag... the ar 636 seems very sensitive to vibes, but it woked well for a long time. hence my thought on replacing them all.
Oct 16, 2021, 05:33 AM
I mount my AR636 on Kyosho 3mm Vibration Absorption Tape works GREAT. hard to find at the moment though. don't like the align PU stuff, no where near as good. I'm looking at the Mikado blueline as an option. I generally biff the white 3m foam, to stiff IMO
Oct 16, 2021, 06:00 AM
I have been using some gray tape I got at the hardware store... I think it was scotch brand, seems to absorb vibration really well, but needs to be used just on the ends, ora small patch in the center, it's way too stiff and transfers too much to use full coverage. I think my 270 is still stock tape, but it was good for so long, I know I have a developing issue. maybe I will replace the tail case, slider and pitch arm again... redo the blade grips and shafts... all the bearings. get it to where I know beyond a doublt it's in good condition. come to think of it, the tail servo is still the stock unit, and I don't think it's ever been apart. some fresh grease won't hurt that either

Quick Reply