This thread is privately moderated by Miami Mike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 01, 2018, 03:49 PM
Glider Guider
Discussion

Taranis: Improved Volume Control!

Here's a simple improvement to the volume control setup I described in my previous blog post, which is a way to put your volume control on one of your potentiometers and confine its range to within your chosen upper and lower limits. The need to do arithmetic is now gone, plus there's a way to set the detent center position of the control to the "perfect" volume setting that's not too loud and not too soft.

If you haven't already guessed, the solution is to use a 3-point curve.

The first step is to create the curve. In this example I'm using Curve 32 and initially setting the three points to -100%, 0%, +100%:

The Special Function used is the same as in the previous setup:

But you can use a mix instead of an input if you like:

If you're using an input, edit it to look like this:

If you're using a mix, edit it to look like this:

Now you'll need to determine the upper and lower limits of the volume range you want, and also with this new improved setup you'll want to determine what the "perfect" volume setting should be when the control is in the center detent position.

An advantage to using a mix is that you can monitor the numerical value of the volume with your Channel Monitor screen. If you're using an input, you'll need to set up a "numbers" telemetry screen to show the value of the input, [I9]Volume. See my previous post for info about how to do that.

Whichever way you do it, the final step will be to test your volume and choose the three numerical values representing your minimum, center, and maximum volume settings, and then enter those three values as the three points of the curve you created.

I started out with -60%, -20%, +10%:

That's it!

Last edited by Miami Mike; Jul 20, 2018 at 09:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2018, 03:17 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. I tried something like this but it didn't work. I'll go through your instructional and see where I went wrong.

Quick Reply