Feb 01, 2018, 03:31 PM
scared to fly
Discussion

why this ezuhf 2w tx and diversity rx so cheap

From last 6 month I was looking for a reasonably priced uhf system to use wit my APM based planes and quadcopters. But most of the good quality system are way above by budget. As I was using Frsky system so I was quite happy with what I have in LOS.

But the desire to get a LRS system was getting quite irresistible...so I started out with a cheap banggod wolfbox 433, then open Lrs both with a 100 mw RX. The performance were ok...but definitely the reliability of my FRsky system was far far better. Specially the telemetry of the Frsky wasa clear winner.

Recently...I found a site antigravitysports.com where there is an ezuhf 2watt tx is listed at 34usd and the diversity receiver listed at 29 usd. I was quite surprised,r thought it to be a scam or a refurbished product. Though none are actually true.

Ordered and received the product in 2 wks time. I have flashed them with latest firmware 1.53. Bound them. bench test them and test flied them...now waiting for an actual range test.

But whats the game.....how come they are so chap...when the 500mw version sells at least 10 times the price. and the receiver is at least 80-90 usd.sion
I cant collect any more information about 2 watt version in internet other than few pages...that doesn't help.are they of inferior quality compared to 500/600 mw.
my models are expensive.....I will not rely on this unless some group member clears my doubt on this.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2018, 10:04 PM
Flight school dropout
They are discontinued so retailers are selling out of old stock. Once it's all gone there wont be any more receivers other than the second hand market. The 2W module came along just before they stopped working on EzUHF so there is very little actual documentation. I don't think we will see any more firmware updates past 1.53. ImmersionRC have made a new system that will be released this year.
Feb 24, 2018, 10:52 PM
scared to fly
Thanks, toypilot

Now I understand. I got the thing super chip....63$ with the TX and diversity RX. With a Nagoya NA-771 antenna I am getting excellent range too. I have nothing to complain. Before your feedback I was in fear these were counterfeit system......but actually these are having some silk screen printing issues.
I have never used the 2W mode ...the lower power is good enough.....the 2s input is very helpful as I run it from my taranis Q7.

Thanks for clearing my doubts.
Do you think currently world is moving towards a 900mhz long range system? Like TBS and FRSky ? Is it possible for me to use them in my country where still lot of 900mhz 2G cell towers are active?

Quick Reply