Graupner MZ-32 - HoTT Color TFT Radio System

The new MZ-32 from Graupner is a powerhouse transmitter system with a laundry list of features. Let's take a look at this newly minted HoTT-protocol Tx system.

Graupner MZ-32 -  HoTT Color TFT Radio System

A Flagship For Graupner's Growing Transmitter Lineup

Graupner has moved into its 3rd generation of computer telemetry radios with the MZ-32. This 4.3-inch TFT color (outdoor friendly) and touch screen transmitter with HoTT protocol offers up 32 proportional channels, 999 model memory, a 9000mAh LiHV battery, Bluetooth and WiFi, redundant dual 2.4GHz modules, and a slew of additional features.

Sporting the coveted Hall Sensor quad bearing gimbals with 4096 resolution, the MZ-32 delivers smooth and precise gimbal movement with razor sharp control, while 64 assignable digital switches, 12 assignable combination switches, 12 assignable logical switches, and 12 assignable control switches put way too many options at your fingertips. The Graupner MZ-32 retails for $989.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Graupner MZ-32.

Telemetry and Voice

From Graupner: Need to hear what is going on? The mz-32 provides endless options to generate almost any type of system or telemetry voice notification depending on the state of your radio such as switch positions, flight phase names, warnings, vario information and endless others.

The mz-32 starts communicating with you from the moment you turn it on, informing you if a switch or control is in the wrong position for the selected model. No more surprises from collapsing landing gear, runaway motors or wrong gyro settings. The mz-32 can inform you when needed even when you forgot to bring down your landing gear or are about to run out of range or battery. Walks of shame are now a thing of the past!

With over 600 installed voices and unlimited voice combinations, you can make almost any voice announcements or add as many as you want using our text to speech editor.

Features:

• Hall Sensor quad bearing gimbals with 4096 resolutions for smooth and precise control
  • Outdoor friendly 4.3-inch TFT color and touch screen
  • Redundant dual 2.4GHz RF modules
  • Circular polarized patch antenna with adjustable beam angle
  • 9000 mAh LiHV rechargeable battery for up to 10 hours of operation
  • Micro-USB port for charging, data communication, joystick function or mass storage
  • Externally adjustable stick tension and mode selection
  • Internal ÁSD 16 Gb memory card
  • Built in Wireless and Bluetooth communication
  • DSC socket for external communications (wired buddy box, flight simulators, other)
  • Wireless student teacher operation
  • Wireless firmware update
  • Integrated speaker for voice output and telemetry notifications
  • User configurable DSC and data ports (SUMD, CROSSFIRE and others)
  • User assignable haptic feedback
  • 5 x 3 position switches, 2 x 3 position/toggle switches, 1 x 2 position switch, 4 proportional knobs, 2 x lever controls, 8 assignable digital buttons
  • 6 shortcut control and navigation keys

Supported Protocols:

• HoTT-PC
  • Smart-Box
  • External Monitor
  • SUMD
  • DSMX, DSM2 (Data Output)
  • CROSSFIRE V1/V2

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 31, 2018 at 09:11 AM..
Jan 31, 2018, 09:31 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Interesting to see support for DSMX/DSM2 data output, that means driving a Spektrum Hack Module or Multiprotocol module is a possibility.

Overall, this looks like a great TX. I like the location of the top analog knobs, looks like you could potentially control them with a fingertip.

And of course, like the MZ-12 Pro, the model number shows channel count. This is the first 32ch out of the box transmitter on the market (as the FrSky TX's need a second XJT installed for 32ch)

Also, if i'm reading their spec right, there are 64 digital switches available, allowing all on/off controls to not require use of a channel.
Jan 31, 2018, 09:44 AM
Looks great! Will be watching.
Jan 31, 2018, 12:04 PM
★★★★★★★★
it took them 4 years to release it but I feel it wont convince anybody mostly in this drone era (retrofit design and price)
it looks for me a standard mz24 + mc26 hall gimbals and larger screen. for that price it looks anytning but a premium flagship radio
Jan 31, 2018, 12:27 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
it took them 4 years to release it but I feel it wont convince anybody mostly in this drone era (retrofit design and price)
it looks for me a standard mz24 + mc26 hall gimbals and larger screen. for that price it looks anytning but a premium flagship radio
You might want to look at the actual spec list before making that claim.

The case is clearly an evolution of the MZ-24 Pro. The internals are a generation newer and the specs bear that out. It's basically an improved MC-32 stuffed into a handheld case, with a lower price. It offers several capabilities that don't exist anywhere else in the Graupner line.

32ch + 64 digital switches
SUMD, Crossfire, DSM2/X and HoTT-PC external protocol support (in addition to PPM and a USB joystick or mass storage mode).
Significantly more LS and mixing capability than the already excellent MZ-24 Pro or MC-32
Dual redundant RF modules
Bluetooth & Wifi (MC-32 has Bluetooth)
999 model memory
Screen widgets with user-definable display screens.
Jan 31, 2018, 02:58 PM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
You might want to look at the actual spec list before making that claim.
''Outdoor friendly 4.3-inch TFT color and touch screen''

time has proven me right so the 18-24 is not viewable in the bright sun as I said multiple times. what about the speaker ? loud enough now ?

''The mz-32 is not only fast and responsive but is also fast to load''

hope it's true because the mz-24 menus loading process leaves much to be desired. (not to mention the rectrum DX12 with an extremly cheap Allwinner chipset)

''The MZ-32 supports six protocols: HoTT-PC, Smart-Box, External Monitor, SUMD, DSMX, DSM2 (Data Output), CROSSFIRE V1/V2''

if you have the need to make your system compatible with DSMX it's because you are not doing well your homework. LOL
Jan 31, 2018, 03:33 PM
Doberman fan
Doesn't jeti recycle chassis also along with taranis using the 9303? If it works why change it

P.s. I'm sure all of the radio manufacturers repurpose chassis if they can
Jan 31, 2018, 03:41 PM
This is brand new tooling and a complete redesign of HW and software.

This design does not deviate too much from the mz-24 simply because it worked very well for our customers.

What we also added is the ability to change the faceplate to blue/silver or gold.
Jan 31, 2018, 05:40 PM
By faceplate, do you mean the red surround panels adjacent to the sticks?

I'd love it in blue if that is the case, red does not appeal that much to me.
Jan 31, 2018, 05:46 PM
Yes, correct.

Blue also works better for me...
Jan 31, 2018, 05:49 PM
Time to start saving my bonus ...
Jan 31, 2018, 06:06 PM
★★★★★★★★
the asiatic sales rep once told me that the golden faceplate was a ''homemade DIY'' while one of the sponsor pilots was already flying with it.
Feb 02, 2018, 07:50 AM
Morning Light Mountain
So this works with DSM2 and DSMX receivers also? Wow, if so that is a huge plus...

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
Feb 02, 2018, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill
So this works with DSM2 and DSMX receivers also? Wow, if so that is a huge plus...

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
No. Only if you ad an external module.
Feb 02, 2018, 11:18 AM
Well i'm saving my pennies for one! Can not resist!

Quick Reply