RC4WD Dakar Rally Race Truck

The truck class is one of the most interesting and unique types of off-road racing out there. Now you can own one of the famous trucks from Team Exact-MAN!

RC4WD Dakar Rally Race Truck

Own The Dakar!

As a huge fan of the Dakar Rally, I jumped with joy this morning as news of the RC4WD Darak Race Truck appeared in my inbox. This scale replica of the Exact Software MAN truck that competes in the Dakar Rally is fully ready-to-run and sports some impressive details. The truck is manufactured by JDCustoms and sold by RC4WD for a price of $799.99.

Included in the RTR package is a 2.4GHz transmitter, waterproof esc, brushed motor, as well as steering and differential locking servos. A 3s LiPo is recommended.

CLICK HERE for more information on the RC4WD Dakar Rally Race Truck.

Specifications:

• Main Material: Aluminum Alloy, Iron, Copper, ABS and Polycarbonate
  • Hard Plastic European Style Front Cab
  • Full Metal 2 Speed Transmission (Planetary Gears)
  • Transfer Case (Billet Aluminum)
  • Scale Fuel Tank (Billet Aluminum)
  • Super Scaled Leaf Spring Suspension Setup
  • Scale Rims (Billet Aluminum)
  • Remote Lockable Rear and Front Axle (Locking Differential)
  • Full Metal Front and Rear Axle Housing
  • Steel Scale Drive Shaft
  • Automatic Trailer Gate (Do Not Attempt to Open by Hand)
  • Rear Light Guard (Protects Against Rocks)
  • Fully Painted
  • Brushed Driven Motor
  • Basic 4 Channel 2.4Ghz Radio
  • Supply Voltage: 12V, (XT60 Connector, We Recommend = 3S, 25C Lipo Battery)
  • Maximum Speed: 25KM/H (3S Battery)
  • Incline Driving Angle: 35°
  • Road Driving Angle: 20°
  • Decline Driving Angle: 56°
  • Truck Net Weight: 6.6KG
  • Remote Control Weight: 0.32KG
  • Packing Weight: 3.58KG
  • Total Weight: 10.5KG
  • 30 Days Limited Warranty
  • Manufactured by JDCustoms

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 31, 2018 at 09:34 AM..
Jan 31, 2018, 10:00 AM
Have you seen my LVC?
Interesting that it comes with the Radiolink RC4G(s?) radio - never seen an RTR with this radio.
Jan 31, 2018, 11:35 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I love big trucks, this looks awesome
Jan 31, 2018, 11:41 AM
DFS#000178
That thing would be terrifying to drive even at 15mph. Especially when even their site has to warn that it's CG is really high.

But holy crap it looks cool. If someone put a gun to my head and told me I had to buy a 1/14th scale semi, it'd be this one.
Feb 01, 2018, 08:34 AM
Did I make the A Main?
so what class is this supposed to be raced in?
Feb 01, 2018, 09:09 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
The full-scale truck competes in the truck class in the Dakar Rally or any Rally Raid event:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rally_...80%94T4_and_T5
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Feb 01, 2018, 09:40 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
The full-scale truck competes in the truck class in the Dakar Rally or any Rally Raid event:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rally_...80%94T4_and_T5
Good stuff, this is all new to me, I don't really watch any motor sports on tv so this is the first time I've seen this event, takes on a whole new meaning to what a T4.1 is, and it's nothing to do with Associated, ha! I also picked up a new term (for me), never heard of homologated before, thanks for the lesson!
Feb 01, 2018, 10:01 AM
Never heard of the Dakar rally ! Over in Europe everybody has head of it , it used to be the Paris Dakar rally , the really mad guys are the motor bike riders ! They often get serious if not fatal injury's .
Feb 01, 2018, 11:02 PM
Just point me the damn thermal
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio
Never heard of the Dakar rally ! Over in Europe everybody has head of it , it used to be the Paris Dakar rally , the really mad guys are the motor bike riders ! They often get serious if not fatal injury's .
Really never heard of it? It's only the biggest worldwide off road event of the year..... It used to be Paris-Dakar rally, then it changed to Dakar only as it would not start in Paris anymore... and then for safety reasons it moved to South America, but carried the DAKAR RALLY name...
Feb 02, 2018, 09:18 AM
I'm always amazed at how well those Dakar trucks do in races. To me it seems like it would be like trying to somehow race competitively in a glorified U-Haul but they seem to beat out "proper" race vehicles like trophy trucks, rally cars, dune buggies.
Feb 02, 2018, 02:16 PM
world's slowest builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
Trash Truck class

This is probably the coolest scale RC truck model to look at I've ever seen. Racingnthese would be awesome...all you have to do to win is not roll it!
Feb 02, 2018, 07:23 PM
crpplus/cowrc factory driver
we have been running this class as experimental for fun using various builds like CC01, SCX10, High Lift. check out www.socalrcrallyrunners.com
Feb 03, 2018, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
Trash Truck class

This is probably the coolest scale RC truck model to look at I've ever seen. Racing these would be awesome...all you have to do to win is not roll it!
Haha! Agreed! At first I thought it was a bin lorry. But it looks really nice!
Feb 05, 2018, 09:04 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuiperJ
I'm always amazed at how well those Dakar trucks do in races. To me it seems like it would be like trying to somehow race competitively in a glorified U-Haul but they seem to beat out "proper" race vehicles like trophy trucks, rally cars, dune buggies.
Yep, plus they are have actually been speed restricted!!
They used to fly past the cars and bike like they were standing still on the wide open parts. But have been restricted so they are only about 20% faster than the cars now.

LURCH
Feb 12, 2018, 12:34 PM
Car Bashing
I will never buy a truck like that but it has a great look :
1/14 DAKAR RALLY SCALE RACE TRUCK - RC4WD - Rc Action (4 min 47 sec)

Quick Reply