May 05, 2018, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korakora
i'm not have a chance to try manual
everyone has there own setup and how they do it. I like to setup my planes where they fly great with no flight control assist.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2018, 09:34 AM
fools? at least i'm honest :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer
everyone has there own setup and how they do it. I like to setup my planes where they fly great with no flight control assist.
even with FC if it fly bad still bad

i mean i'm always check with manual "IF" it seems it fly weird
so it must to use manual (passthrough) to trim everything
but not this one, it fly level even with 9m/s

and yes you are right, speed wasn't my hobby
long long boring flight it is
so i never check how fast she was
but how efficient she has
May 05, 2018, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMdesertracer
I'm the same way tbh. If it flies straight and level in manual then it will be perfect in every other mode
May 05, 2018, 11:50 AM
Quote:
even with FC if it fly bad still bad

i mean i'm always check with manual "IF" it seems it fly weird
so it must to use manual (passthrough) to trim everything
but not this one, it fly level even with 9m/s

and yes you are right, speed wasn't my hobby
long long boring flight it is
so i never check how fast she was
but how efficient she has
Would love to see you efficiency stats when you get the telemetry calibrated.

Right now with my APC 9x6 prop im doing avg 50-70mah/km. Gonna switch to my carbon 9x7 prop. Lighter, stiffer and more pitch should give better performance
May 05, 2018, 01:21 PM
After today's flights I can say I don't like efficiency and air behavoiur of this plane. C1 Chaser is cheaper, much predictable and efficient. Two motors option is worst decision of designers. Those motor mounts decrease efficiency in case of single motor setup.
May 05, 2018, 06:07 PM
Loving mine for just cruising around taking in the Evening. Not fussed about long range Dont really have to space round here to do much of that. For me its keeping it low and picking those lines.. I can get this down to about walking pace and not have it stall. or nail it and it has a fair turn of speed.. Averaging about 12 mins of WOT flying on a 5200 and landing at 3,7v or about 18 mins steady cruisin. No FC just me and my bird. Loving it.

S1100 Smooth Cruisin 2 (3 min 59 sec)
May 05, 2018, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironiic
Would love to see you efficiency stats when you get the telemetry calibrated.

Right now with my APC 9x6 prop im doing avg 50-70mah/km. Gonna switch to my carbon 9x7 prop. Lighter, stiffer and more pitch should give better performance
this is my result so far
i charging the battery and it spend 1760mah for that flight (20 minutes)
so in theory
because i use 4200mah i can double that FT easy
and because that flight was flying with mix thr so 60minutes of FT is possible in cruise

-SS 2216 1250KV
-ESC BLHELI 40A
-9X6 GF
-BEC 3A (this is the cause of FS get triggered) i change later
-FC APM PRO
-ANALOG AIRSPEED
-QLRS
-POWER MODULE
-2XDIGITAL SERVOS
-LIPO 4S 4200mah

AUW 1260gr
May 05, 2018, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaFlexa
Averaging about 12 mins of WOT flying on a 5200 and landing at 3,7v or about 18 mins steady cruisin. No FC just me and my bird. Loving it.
that still too pulling amps killer, i just burn 1760mah for 20 minutes
what do you use 3s or 4s? how can you manage your CG with that heavy battery?
i can't slide more back with my 4200mah, so CG at 28 is the best i can get
May 05, 2018, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat002
After today's flights I can say I don't like efficiency and air behavoiur of this plane. C1 Chaser is cheaper, much predictable and efficient. Two motors option is worst decision of designers. Those motor mounts decrease efficiency in case of single motor setup.
don't give up buddy !!
your result were opposite with mine, you should check your setup before you have some thought like that
you said this wing can;t fly slow? mine flew 9m/s w/o problem
you said your AUW 1.7KG? maybe you accidentaly forget you leave a wrench inside the fuselage

i have c1 yes it fly great but limited room space, hmmm....no still better harrier in any aspect
May 06, 2018, 01:23 AM
My auw is 1280g.
May 06, 2018, 01:39 AM
Quote:
this is my result so far
i charging the battery and it spend 1760mah for that flight (20 minutes)
so in theory
because i use 4200mah i can double that FT easy
and because that flight was flying with mix thr so 60minutes of FT is possible in cruise

-SS 2216 1250KV
-ESC BLHELI 40A
-9X6 GF
-BEC 3A (this is the cause of FS get triggered) i change later
-FC APM PRO
-ANALOG AIRSPEED
-QLRS
-POWER MODULE
-2XDIGITAL SERVOS
-LIPO 4S 4200mah

AUW 1260gr
Ah I see you are using the mako motor+prop setup I told you about.

Yeah definitely should be able to get 60 minutes.

I know I did a 32km flight in total and only burnt 2500-2700mah out of 6240 nah on 4s. My vector was telling me had avg 80-100 minutes of flight time.

I'm gonna hopefully fly tomorrow and test the efficiency of the new prop.

As for your bec. I once a bec die on me inflight. What I now do is use a diode to make a redundancy system in the plane. It allows me to safely hook up my 6v 8a sbec (external bec) and 5.5v 6a sbec (from esc) in parallel. If one died it will quickly switch to the other bec. No FC reboots. It's a cheap and easy insurance.
May 06, 2018, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat002
I've had two c1 chased and believe me this plane beats it in efficiency hands down depending on your setup and it is incredibly predictable.

I didn't like the two motor mounts so I simply cut them off and just used a single big motor. I had the cg at 310mm and with too much up trim she was unstable buy after reducing it, trimming her out and moving cg to 305mm she was solid. But I will admit that the vertical stabilizers I modded in helped the plane significantly when it came to stability.

I can fly as low as 30kph and she won't tip stall just gently float down.

You won't get this much space, strength and transportability from the c1 chaser.

I wouldn't give up on it either
May 06, 2018, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Ah I see you are using the mako motor+prop setup I told you about.
OMG ! i just realize i was thinking about my others setup (yes mako included)
no this time i used 8x6 *fiuh* not 9x6
i'm affraid to fried the motor with 9" prop

i'm affraid still my mako a little bit more efficient (with 2814 size + 9x6)
but she upset if we put at 9m/s (stall spin)

you are right that combo are supposed tobe my 2nd build of mako, but i hold my thought and put into my harrier, glad that combo near perfect

Quote:
..and 5.5v 6a sbec (from esc) in parallel. If one died it will quickly switch to the other bec. No FC reboots. It's a cheap and easy insurance.
what ESC do you use provide 6amps on internal bec?
May 06, 2018, 03:47 AM
Quote:
that still too pulling amps killer, i just burn 1760mah for 20 minutes
what do you use 3s or 4s? how can you manage your CG with that heavy battery?
i can't slide more back with my 4200mah, so CG at 28 is the best i can get
Like i said, I dont do long range / Efficient style of flying.. I have a 2814 motor a 50 ESC and a EZUHF 8 channel Divvy RX in the tail.. That gives me perfect CG at 29cm. I could get way longer flights but I'd be asleep with boredom flying in circles round here..
May 06, 2018, 04:27 AM
Quote:
OMG ! i just realize i was thinking about my others setup (yes mako included)
no this time i used 8x6 *fiuh* not 9x6
i'm affraid to fried the motor with 9" prop

i'm affraid still my mako a little bit more efficient (with 2814 size + 9x6)
but she upset if we put at 9m/s (stall spin)

you are right that combo are supposed tobe my 2nd build of mako, but i hold my thought and put into my harrier, glad that combo near perfect

what ESC do you use provide 6amps on internal bec?
I dont think you should be. I've used the 2216 1250kv with APC and carbon 9x6 and no smoke. Motor stays cool. With the 2814 its better and safer I guess.

I use the YEP 40a esc but that's my back up bec. The main bec is 8a (12a max) And i have it set on 6v

Quick Reply