Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 31, 2018, 01:04 AM
Contest

CVRC F5J in Visalia 2018

CVRC F5J in Visalia - March 24th & 25th

Central Valley RC Soaring Club is pleased to announce the CVRC F5J in Visalia 2018 contest at the premier soaring site in central California. Tim Johnson will be the CD for this event.

We are planning on completing qualifying rounds by 1:00PM on Sunday, followed by 3 flyoff rounds, and hope to finish up by 3:00PM, so people can get driving home.
We will be using smartphone scoring so if you have a smartphone you will be able to enter scores for yourself and your buddy. Shortly before the contest we will send out an email with more details on this.
Registration is now open, go to CVRC’s website: cvrcsoaring.com the link is on the bottom of the home page or go to RCSoaring’s contest page: http://www.rcsoaring.com/. Please fill out the form completely including AMA#. On the registration page under ‘Notes’ there is a “Rules and Processes” document. Please review, we will be waiving the no-restart FAI F5J rule. Entry fees will be $55 for seniors and $30 for juniors. Lunch will be provided both Saturday and Sunday.

Lots of good information can be found at www.f5j-usa.com/ including rules explanations and a link to the current FAI rules.

The CVRC F5F in Visalia 2018 contest will be a part of the F5J-USA Tour (http://www.f5j-usa.com/f5j-usa-tour-information/)as well as the international F5J Intertour
http://www.trnavaf3j.sk/cms/news.php .
Each model flown must be equipped with an approved F5J logging altimeter. A list of currently approved altimeters is shown below:

FAI F5J approved altimeter list:
Altis v3
Altis v4+
Altis v4
Altis Micro
CAMF5J
Grk Elec Altmr2
Mvario2_JetiBox
RCE #2Basic
RCE Multi 2
SM Unilog 2
RC Multi 3

Thanks,
Tim Johnson

Pilots List: 20
Maurice Podder
Tim Johnson
Manny Tau
Chris Bajorek
Frank Campbell
Lenny Keer
John Armstrong
Randy West
Jerry Molnar
Robert Burson
Justin Rizor - Scratch
Ed LaCroix
Don McCullough
Mark Browning
Bill Malvey
Steve Willcox
Ali Khani
Scott Cahn
Fred Weaver
Jon Padilla
Lou Fox
Last edited by tim_j58; Mar 21, 2018 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added Pilots List
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2018, 11:03 AM

Multi 3

Hey Tim;
The new multi 3's are approved. Are they also going to be accepted?
Cary

http://www.rc-electronics.org/approv...CE_Multi_3.pdf
Last edited by QuadFlopper; Jan 31, 2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added approval PDF
Jan 31, 2018, 03:05 PM

RC Multi 3

Cary,

Yes, the RC Multi 3 is acceptable. The approved device list has been revised in Post #1.

Tim
Jan 31, 2018, 09:04 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
YET ANOTHER GREAT F5J event put on by the fine folks at CVRC!! I'll be there.

Jerry
Jan 31, 2018, 09:16 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Tim and the CVRC crew do a great job hosting F5J events. I'll be there too.

Chris
Jan 31, 2018, 09:25 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadFlopper
Hey Tim;
The new multi 3's are approved. Are they also going to be accepted?
Cary

http://www.rc-electronics.org/approv...CE_Multi_3.pdf
How about some info on these
Feb 26, 2018, 07:51 PM
Team Futaba
Give the thread a bump. Looks like I'll be able to attend and give some deserving individuals the opportunity to obtain one more point for their standings!!
Feb 27, 2018, 01:52 AM
Team Hello Kitty
That's awesome Bill, will be great to see you there. I know a few others who are coming and not yet signed up. I think that's part of their stealth strategy. Geez, F5J is such a strategic play.
Feb 27, 2018, 10:25 AM
Team Futaba
That was exactly my stra-tee-gery, I was going to sneak up on you guys!!
Feb 28, 2018, 04:52 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_j58

Pilots List: 13
Maurice Podder
Tim Johnson
Manny Tau
Chris Bajorek
Frank Campbell
Lenny Keer
John Armstrong
Randy West
Jerry Molnar
Robert Burson
Justin Rizor
Ed LaCroix
Don McCullough
And I'll make 14!! I hope Don is not superstitious being No. 13!! But then, I've always felt it was bad luck to be superstitious
Feb 28, 2018, 09:06 PM
I am IN! see ya there
MB3
Feb 28, 2018, 09:32 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Looks like same crew as last year.
I'm signed up
Mar 05, 2018, 11:41 PM
Team Futaba
Same crew except for Manny Tau. Back from the dead. Many of you may not have been around this long, but Manny was hard core back in the day TD, F3B, slope, slope racing, HL and a indoor blimp outside in a stiff breeze for about 2 minutes, he flew it all!!. Looking forward to catching up!!
Mar 05, 2018, 11:45 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Yes it will be great catching up. Hey how about a Saturday evening group dinner somewhere? Where is a good place that would seat our group? (without bars on the doors and windows, that is).

Quick Reply