RMRC Cricket Pro V2 - RC Groups

RMRC Cricket Pro V2

The RMRC Cricket PRO V2 has taken one of their most popular transmitters and totally redesigned it to appeal to today's pilot.

Cricket Pro V2 - 5.8GHz VTX with Smart Audio - MMCX

Where other transmitters expect you to count blinks, beeps, or to hold your tongue just right, the Cricket PRO V2 is one of the easiest around to operate with a two button system and clearly visible LEDs! The heavy aluminum case has been removed and the SMA connector has been swapped for the increasingly popular and lightweight MMCX connection. The PRO V2 has retained the same, variable transmitter output along with the 100% US legal channels. It also comes equipped with officially licensed Smart Audio operation which allows the user to control the transmitter remotely. We know you will love the redesigned RMRC Cricket Pro V2!

• Retail Price: $33.99
  • Extremely easy to operate with visible LEDs and 2 button operation.
  • Lightweight and secure MMCX Antenna connection
  • Dipole antenna and SMA adapter included
  • 25, 200, 600mw transmitting power on 100% US legal channels
  • Officially licensed Smart Audio control
  • Built-in microphone
  • 30.5mm mounting holes

• Frequency: 5.8GHz 40 Channel (37 unique)
  • RF Power: 25mW/200mW/600mW selectable
  • Power Input: 7-28V DC
  • Supply Current: 100-260mA
  • Camera Power: 5V (500mA max)
  • Connector: MMCX
  • Port Connector: JST-GH, 6-pin
  • Dimensions: 35 x 21 x 6mm (approx)
  • Weight: 6g without cables or connector
  • Made in China

• RMRC Cricket Pro V2
  • 5cm MMCX to SMA Female adapter
  • 5cm MMCX Dipole Antenna
  • Wire Harness
  • Box and Manual

Operation (Assuming LEDs are at the top, and buttons on the bottom)

• Left Channel/Frequency Button
  • Single press to change channel, long press to change frequency band
  • Right RF Button
  • Long press to activate and begins blinking. Short press to confirm RF transmission, LED will be solid when transmitting.
  • Single press to change RF power (L - 25mW, 2 - 200mW, 6 - 600mW)
  • The PRO V2 is always in pit mode and must be turned on each time unless using Smart Audio. Default power is L 25mW.
  • Stay Legal with all 40 channels

Learn More

Head over to RMRC to learn more about this unit.

Feb 04, 2018, 04:51 PM
Received my Cricket V2 and was excited to get it into my build. Everything was going very smoothly and I really enjoyed the MMCX connection so I could easily unplug the antenna to work it into my build. Once everything was set I discovered this VTX doesn't transmit unless you physically push a button. Unfortunately I was locating the VTX under the wing which won't easily be accessible every battery change and I'm not using a FC so smartaudio isn't a good solve either. Is there ANY way to bypass the need to press the button every battery change to transmit? Thanks!
Feb 04, 2018, 05:29 PM
that was the one thing that stuck out to me on this vtx. Having to push the button.
Feb 04, 2018, 06:37 PM
Would have been brilliant to have a DIP switch or solder pad that allowed you to select the default powering-on choice. Either like it is powering up in Pit or power up in last chosen transmit power. Perhaps something for V3. For now I'm going to yack this from my build and replace with a MMCX Mach 2. The Cricket will need to wait for another build which button access or smartaudio is an option. Otherwise it seems great.
Feb 09, 2018, 09:41 AM
Even changing the settings in BetaFlight OSD I can't get the auto pit mode to turn off. Thankfully on this first quad I've installed it I can get to the button, but I'd still like to disable it. Can't believe this isn't an option that can be set on the vtx itself.
Feb 09, 2018, 11:07 AM
Have you tried this?

TBS Unify Pro HV - Smart Audio Betaflight menu settings to disable Auto-Pit mode (1 min 46 sec)
Feb 12, 2018, 09:55 AM
Yeap, also did a quick dvr of the settings. I also just opened a support ticket with RMRC.
RMRC Cricket Pro V2 vtx config (0 min 24 sec)
Feb 14, 2018, 03:06 PM
Still working through the issue with support. It's looking like setting the OP mode isn't working in these units right now with Betaflight OSD. He said he was able to power on the vtx with a lua script as a workaround.
Feb 14, 2018, 04:05 PM
cool, thanks for the update
Mar 09, 2018, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy the RMRC Cricket Pro V2 in Australia?
Mar 19, 2018, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by snodgrass23
Still working through the issue with support. It's looking like setting the OP mode isn't working in these units right now with Betaflight OSD. He said he was able to power on the vtx with a lua script as a workaround.

Any idea where to get that lua script?

Quick Reply