Associated Northrup Fabricators Trophy Rat BL RTR

What do you get when you cross a 1937 International pickup with a 2wd desert racing chassis? The Trophy Rat!

Associated Northrup Fabricators Trophy Rat BL RTR

Based on the Real Trophy Rat!

Team Associated’s Ready-To-Run 1:10 replica of Northrup Fabrication’s Trophy Rat is wrapped around the chassis and engineering of the 9-time R.O.A.R. Short Course National Championship-winning truck. The Trophy Rat is both all show and all go! The truck features a water-resistant high-power Reedy brushless speed control and 3300kV brushless motor, a 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system as well as the ALL NEW DVC (Dynamic Vehicle Control) receiver unit with built-in adjustable digital gyro which allows vehicle stability to be adjusted to flow with the terrain. A Reedy metal-gear digital high-torque servo and LED lights front and rear round out the Trophy Rat!

CLICK HERE for more info on the Associated Northrup Fabricators Trophy Rat BL RTR.

Features:

• Based on the 9-time R.O.A.R. National Champion short-course race truck platform, with rear motor design
  • 2.4GHz 2-channel radio with new DVC (Dynamic Vehicle Control) receiver; featuring built-in adjustable gyro
  • High-torque, metal-gear Reedy Servo with spring style servo saver
  • Powerful Reedy 3300kV Brushless motor
  • Water-resistant high-power Reedy brushless speed control with T-plug connector and LiPo low voltage cutoff
  • Realistic Trophy Rat Body based on the Northrup Fabrication's “Trophy Rat”
  • Realistic Method Wheels with 12mm front and rear hex-drive nuts
  • Four integrated LED’s included, 2 front, 2 rear
  • Water-resistant enclosed receiver box
  • Durable and lightweight aluminum top shaft
  • Low center-of-gravity molded composite chassis with hook-and-loop battery straps that accommodate both NiMH and 2/3s LiPo stick pack batteries
  • Metric hardware throughout
  • 14 precision rubber-sealed ball bearings
  • Durable front and rear body mounts
  • Rear CVA drive shafts for more reliability
  • Aluminum 12mm big bore coil-over shock absorbers
  • 2.6:1 ratio gearbox with heavy-duty sealed gear differential and externally adjustable V2 slipper clutch
  • Rugged steel turnbuckles for adjustable camber and front toe-in
  • Fully adjustable suspension geometry
  • Vertical ball ends for roll center adjustments, front and rear
  • Many Factory Team options already available!

Jan 29, 2018, 10:35 AM
That looks like it could make a great crawler or monster truck body.
Jan 29, 2018, 11:04 AM
Is the DVC similar to TSM/AVC or a different thing entirely?
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Jan 30, 2018, 01:29 PM
Rek. käyt.
I guess all those "cheating" devices are gyro based.
Jan 30, 2018, 01:37 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli
I guess all those "cheating" devices are gyro based.
As someone who has used both, I can definitely say there's no cheating. You're not racing anyone. Additionally, a gyro smooths out turns and makes long drifts possible. It's more fun than anything else, and I drive many different types of cars with and without gyroscopic stability assist.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Jan 30, 2018, 01:51 PM
The gryo is a nice feature if you're going to continue to use the rock hard tires that most RTRs come with. When I replaced the Traxxas Talon tires on my Stampede with something that actually had some grip, I put them onto my son's Circuit to gain ground clearance in the grass. Any time we were on dirt, he couldn't control the truck at all because those Talons are garbage. I put a cheap gyro on the truck and it was a night and day difference. Once I upgraded the tires on his Circuit, the Gryo became obsolete for how we use the vehicles.
Apr 24, 2018, 10:29 AM
There was a guy keeping up with the buggy’s at my local track with one I know he did some mods I’ll find out what and report back. looked like he was having a blast with it not sure if I’ll upgrade my slash 4x4 to an ultimate or get this one for carpet. Nice looking ride.
J.

Quick Reply