Jan 28, 2018, 11:37 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Slab lovers

I am thinking these days of moving back to RCG for my profile fix as I frequent other forums here also. Any other slab worshipers hang around here?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2018, 11:20 PM
Pro Bro #1963
I don't blame you one bit for leaving the "other" site! Same old junk from the same old 5-10 people day in and day out......least that was the way it was quite some time ago. That site is NOTHING what it used to be.
Feel free to give me a shout!
Jan 28, 2018, 11:24 PM
Thread OP
Took me yrs to try and fit in there. I was never able too. Glad that is behind me.
Jan 29, 2018, 09:06 AM
47" Techone Swift electric is my 3d practice go to.

I'm stuck on the ARF's as a rule. 20cc Redwing Edge (the new reinforced version) is a favorite, as well the much lighter Peak version.
Jan 29, 2018, 05:35 PM
Airfield Hermit
Only slab I've got right now is a Lanier Pro-Cub with an O.S. FS40 on it. Still trimming everything out on that one, as when you give it ANY throttle, it points straight up. Interestingly, when you give it 3/4 throttle and get it going level, you don't need to give it any down elevator to keep it level. It WILL fly level, it just doesn't like to accelerate level. Odd.

Had a Burrito a few years ago with a 72 Saito on it. Loved that plane too!
Jan 29, 2018, 05:41 PM
Thread OP
ah! I like that
Jan 30, 2018, 08:08 AM
Oh...that's gonna leave a mark
I absolutely love flying my OMP Fusion with a 26 cc RCGF. I absolutely abuse the flying surfaces on this thing and it just keeps going!
Kurt
Feb 06, 2018, 02:22 PM
I've had a couple of "slabs" in the past. A Sirex Wasp, and a OMP Edge 540 I built from a kit. I'd like to scratch build another profile of some sort. Any suggestions?
Chuck
Feb 06, 2018, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx32tt
I've had a couple of "slabs" in the past. A Sirex Wasp, and a OMP Edge 540 I built from a kit. I'd like to scratch build another profile of some sort. Any suggestions?
Chuck
If you can get your hands on a Swany Mojo, that would be the ticket! I think I still have one of those kits rat holed away. One of the best slabs I ever flown!!
Kurt
Feb 06, 2018, 08:24 PM
And You're Not
I still have a Mojo 60 kit stashed, I'm definitely duplicating it before gluing.

Had like the 2nd or 3rd Sledge ever finished.

Built this E Chinn Yak for another member here.

E Mojo 40

E Kat 70

Scratch E 85% Sledge-ish

E Taco

Last edited by Jeffery; Feb 06, 2018 at 08:33 PM.
Feb 07, 2018, 09:46 AM

Plans

I have been looking for plans, preferably free, for a slab model but they seem to be as scare as. Well you know what. Any links or suggestions would be most welcome.
Feb 07, 2018, 10:18 AM
Thread OP
Love these Pictures. Does that Katana have a tube?
Last edited by toad007; Feb 07, 2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling as usual
Feb 07, 2018, 11:39 AM
And You're Not
No tube, it is an Accel Katana 70, haven't been made in some time. That one crashed, I have another one identical to it now. They were kinda funky, the wing was made to be removable along with a little section of the fuse below the wing. This made them very weak right there, but if you glue the wing and that section of fuse in solid, they are OK - just have to be able to carry a 59" span slab assembled.

That Kat and an almost identical Mojo 60 to the one pictured both got brought down by the same synthesized TX module I was running. Both crashes were when it was very hot out, after the 2nd crash (just 100% loss of signal) there was only the TX and the heat that was common between them. I hit the TX module with a heat gun and it quit immediately. Live and learn.

The Mojo pictured got midaired, the Sledge bought it when a kid was flying it and for some reason tuned on the spoilerons when he was setting up for landing, Harbl was midaired, Mojo 40 has a busted LE but could be made flyable easily, still have the Taco and I think the Chinn Yak is still flyable. The build log of that one in in my blog.
Feb 07, 2018, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerman01
I have been looking for plans, preferably free, for a slab model but they seem to be as scare as. Well you know what. Any links or suggestions would be most welcome.
Try this... http://profilekits.com/
or
http://www.wrongwayrc.com/index.php?...tegory&path=68

Kurt
Feb 07, 2018, 05:59 PM
I hole jumped him!!!
Man Jeff, remember when all the Bros just couldn't wait to get their hands on your Harbl !!!

Quick Reply