How does Vector Fligh Controller get Information of Lost frames from Receiver? - RC Groups
Jan 28, 2018, 08:15 AM
Help!

How does Vector Fligh Controller get Information of Lost frames from Receiver?

Hello ,
I want to display some information like lost frames and holds in my OSD since I have some RC problems as soon as I am further away with my fixed wing plane than 800m. For RC I use a Spektrum dx7i and a AR10000 Receiver with three satelites. Flight controler ist a Eagle tree vector with the latest firmware. I set up to show lost frames of all antennas in the OSD but they all stay 0 all the time during flight, which can't be because the flight controller states "lost signal" via audio quite often.

The bind/data port of the receiver is not connected. Maybe I should connect it to the FC? I couldn't find anything regarding this in the manual.

Any help is appreciated. If you need more information about my setup or pictures of it, I can provide it.

Greetings from Germany
John
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2018, 02:35 AM

Possible Answer

I think I found the answer. Page 27 in the vector user manual:

If you wish to display the receiver’s signal strength (RSSI), and your receiver supports this feature, you will need to connect the top (signal) pin of the “RSSI/5V Backup” connection of the Vector to your receiver’s RSSI output.

Spektrum Flightlog™ - The signal pin of the “data” port of your Spektrum™ receiver normally provides Flightlog™ data, which the Vector can display.

--------

Can anyone confirm?

I will connect these two pins.
Jan 30, 2018, 12:07 PM

Spektrum AR10000 and Eagle Tree Vector - stil no Fades and Holds in OSD

I connected the Data Port of the AR10000 with the RSSI input of the Eagle Tree Vector with a single wire and did a test flight. Fades, Holds and Lost Frames of all Antennas are Zero all the time, in 1km distance as well as with RC sender off.
What do I do wrong?
Maybe I should connect ground of Data with the ground of RSSI input, but it should be already connected via the servo lines...
Last edited by John_the_german; Jan 30, 2018 at 02:46 PM.
Jan 31, 2018, 06:14 AM
RSSI is not SpeKtrum Fades, Holds and Lost Frames.

Have you configured your Vector display to show the Spektrum data on screen?

Probly better to log that info and distance from home with GPS path to analyse if its happening in a particular area or randomly.

Could think about combinations or throttle position / current draw / voltage drop etc.

Geoff
Jan 31, 2018, 09:02 AM
Hello Geoff,

thank you for the answer.
I configured the OSD accordingly. In the attached picture you can see that all Fades, Lost frames and Holds are 0 despite Vector goes into RTH.

I know, RSSI is not Fades/ Holds and Lost Frames, but the manual says to connect the data port of the Spektrum receiver with the RSSI/5V backup connection of Vector.

Regarding my RC link problems I have a lot of measures on my list to find out what the cause of the problem is and I will try one thing at a time. I will find it out, no worries. Seeing Fades in real time would be helpful but as long as it does not work I will use the log. Thank you for the tip.

P.S. Unfortunately the last flight was not logged for whatever reason
Last edited by John_the_german; Jan 31, 2018 at 12:23 PM.
Feb 01, 2018, 06:35 AM
Hi John,
I also saw in the manual where it said to connect the Rx data port to the RSSI pin so it sounds like you are doing the correct thing.

You may want to verify you have the correct pin of the data port connected to the top pin of the RSSI slot. (I know it sounds obvious sorry).

Also make sure you have the "Log Spektrum Flight Log Data" checkbox checked. It may be required even just to display the info onscreen.

Also have a read of this doc. Although it doesn't mention the Vector there may be some helpful info.

Failing all of this its probly time to open a support ticket.

Geoff
Feb 02, 2018, 06:42 AM
I will verify it and I will make a test flight in the next days with that checkbox checked and I will give you feedback.
Feb 08, 2018, 02:51 AM

Test flight results. RSSI on max all the time. Spectrum receiver issues.

A few days ago I was flying again. Although I had numerous problems during the flight (mostly video and control problems), I stil got some results:
This time I managed to log data. The buffer was 60% full but the chart of the vector configuration program shows only the first 120 seconds of data.
I am not an expert with this program, so I am not sure if it is my mistake or not. How can I display the data past 120 seconds? Google flight map shows the whole flight path till the end which was several minutes.

When I look at the Fades, Holds and RSSI (I know that I do not have an real RSSI signal from the spectrum receiver but I displayed it out of curiousity) I recognize that all fades and holds are stil 0 in the chart as well as during flight in the OSD (despite RTH triggered once due to loss of signal) and RSSI signal is on maximum 255 all the time.
Now I measured the output pin of the receiver with a multimeter. The voltage is 3.29 V with sender on, and 3.29 V with sender off. So it seems to be an issue with the receiver and not a problem of the Vector FC :-/
I guess if the voltage is at constant 3.29V that it is not giving out any data. I will check this later with an oszilloscope.
I should have done this measurement much earlier...
Last edited by John_the_german; Feb 08, 2018 at 03:01 AM.
May 12, 2018, 03:14 AM
800 meters is tops for spektrum, buy a tbs crossfire system... Spektrum is only good for park flyers and los

Quick Reply