Jul 22, 2019, 10:02 PM
Gordon, I use a lot of West Systems epoxy. I use it for modeling, for repairs on my ultralight, for the commercial fiberglass parts I make, and for repairing polyester parts. Many shops that support the boat people sell the full line of West epoxy products. They also sell polyester, but from what I can gather there are more polyester boat repairs with epoxy, then with polyester. It's my belief, and that of many people that I talk with, that epoxy is a superior medium for "aged" polyester repairs. Whether you repair with polyester, or epoxy if at all possible sand, or scour the surface so the glue can make a good bond. My first QM kits were polyester too, but I quickly changed to epoxy.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2019, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the pictures it's nice to put faces to the people who have been making comments that make this thread more intersting .
And the pictures in the link are so clear it's amazing.
I saw a few familiar faces tha I have watched race in Canada .
And a Red doberman that reminded me of on I had years ago .
Thanks again .
Len
Jul 29, 2019, 12:30 AM
Leo, If you haven't seen them here is a link to the Nats flicker pylon pictures
https://www.flickr.com/photos/modela...57709677797131

Quick Reply