This thread is privately moderated by RickC_RCAV8R, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 27, 2018, 03:18 PM
Waste Nothing
Thread OP
Discussion

RIX : Rotary Tool Bench Mount (3D Print)

Gentlemen :

25,000 reads on my blog . Thanx to all for this recognition mates !

As I am well into the winter build projects , the Anet A8 3D printer is working the majority of the time spent in the work shop . The project presented here is of a Rotary Tool Bench Mount for the Workmate rotary tool . The dimension of the internal sleeve is 49mm which required that I add a layer of electrical vinyl tape arount the rotary tool as a shim . This will protect the tool from the four 10/24 set screws holding it securely in place . The mount has 3/8" holes which may be used to bolt to a plywood base OR the work bench in a strategic location . Having the rotary tool mounted horizontally makes it easier for some jobs .

The project was designed in a few minutes using the OpenScad CAD program . I have included the STL printable file for printing . I hope that it will serve some of my fellow modelers well as it does for me . Any comments or feedback is always welcomed .

Regards to ALL of my readers , my Aussie mates and the builders in RC world . RickC_RCAV8R
Last edited by RickC_RCAV8R; Jan 27, 2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: schpelling
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply