This thread is privately moderated by Rural Flyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 27, 2018, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Udi R/C Navigator U31W Tear-Down n Repair

This post deals specifically with a UDI R/C Navigator U31W... as an aside it is re-branded and sold under a few different names, this particular model is a Potensic U36W Navigator, while there is a Drocon variant, as well as an Altair Aerial model AA108 which has blue trim versus the more common greenish chartreuse. I've seen an image of one with red trim, but there was no attribution as to make, model or distributor.

The images below detail the repair of the Right front arm that was originally broken hitting a Hydro line at full speed.

This is the third time that this repair will be attempted as CA (CyanoAcrylate or Crazy Glue) lasted about 2 flights, and a thick slopping of Gorilla Glue lasted slightly longer.

My hope is that this time, by spending the time to completely dis-assembling the drone and having just the offending body parts involved in the repair I'll finally get a good bond on all surfaces without the associated fiddling about of motor wires n LED pcb's in the way.

Likewise if the drone is completely apart it seemed like a good time to get a few images of the boards and query the RCGroups community if they had any insight into the hardware.

The 16 images below are captioned to keep the balance of this post brief and to add context. Note you may have to click "View All Images in thread" for it to make sense
Last edited by Rural Flyer; Jan 27, 2018 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Clarity
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2018, 06:53 AM

need a camera

hi and thanks for your post. most helpful for a new drone owner who had a hard crash and is in need of a camera replacment for the u36d you tore down. thanks for that as i will need this info for the repair. where would i look for a replacement camera. udir/c has nothing on their website and you are the closest i have come to finding and mention of said camera. i sis not want to buy a new one until i am flying this one better and would enjoy the video until that time. thanks for your time

Gary
Aug 08, 2018, 09:13 PM

Blade(s) issue

Hello,
I am not sure if youíve had this happen. But the blades on mine on one side Are turning/moving the other direction (some lifting/some pushing down). Exact same drone as yours. Iíve tried calibration- still the same. Do you know how to hard reset this issue?? Please help.

Thank You,

Mickael
Oct 21, 2018, 05:04 PM
Thread OP
Hey GaryW Bach,

Sorry to reply so late... I've emailled UDI R/C a number of times with tech questions, suggestions on issues I've had that they may want to address and like you looking for parts... to this day they have never even had the courtesy to reply, not once...

They are "Dead to Me:" now , and I'll never consider purchasing a UDI R/C product based on such poor support or the lack there of...

Good Luck on finding parts just the same...
Oct 21, 2018, 05:07 PM
Thread OP
Hey MMonnier,

Is it possible you've mixed-up the props? I've done it myself a few times ...

Quick Reply