Nov 24, 2004, 01:02 PM
Live to fly!
Thread OP

Hobby Lobby Thanksgiving sale??

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I'm sure people here will be interested...

Does anyone know if Hobby Lobby will have the all-day Thanksgiving sale they've had for the last 2-3 years? I need a bunch of stuff!!!

Doc
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2004, 01:30 PM
Having way to much fun!
Yes they will be having a sale, there was a problem with the flyers, and they where not sent out. but they will be having a sale.
Nov 24, 2004, 04:58 PM
zed
zed
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/bhthanks.htm

Yup, they are having a sale, where the sale items change every hour. Sounds good, but I don't think i have time to check every hour.

Zed
Nov 24, 2004, 08:41 PM
OH YEAH! Let the fun begin!

Bill
Nov 24, 2004, 09:41 PM
I'm All Thumbs
5 am PST!
Hmmm.
What are these sales like?Anyone care to share?
TY
Jay.
Nov 24, 2004, 11:02 PM
I don't have time to check in every hour either. I would make a point of it if they listed their items and what hour they would be on sale, but a whole day of my vacation just to sit and possibly not even find a suitable bid...... no. Thanks, but no thanks.

Gee, That post when re-read sounded so snooty. I love HL and buy their stuff as my main supplier, but I just think this sale could be more fun if we knew what was for sale and when. That's all. Smiles and keep buying HL!
Last edited by Beagle333; Nov 24, 2004 at 11:07 PM. Reason: sounded snooty
Nov 24, 2004, 11:38 PM
Admin Deluxe
Let me say that you will see things on sale that you have never seen on sale before. We took time to pick some of the best things we carry.
Nov 24, 2004, 11:42 PM
I agree with Beagle, I don't have time to sit in front of the computer for 8 hours. Can we get a list/hint of what and when it will go on sale?
Nov 24, 2004, 11:51 PM
Hellraiser in yet.....he he
Nov 24, 2004, 11:53 PM
Admin Deluxe
Sorry guys but that's not how it works. If you check the sale at the top of each hour for one minute that would only be 10 minutes out of your day. If you want to talk to past HL Day After Thanksgiving Sale buyers check out this thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300025
Last edited by Billy Hell; Nov 25, 2004 at 12:17 AM.
Nov 25, 2004, 12:13 AM
Charlie Toms

cool

What a cool idea. I have never seen this idea done in a web based shop like this. After having seen it now I can not believe it has not caught on elsewhere in other areas like mass merch stores like Best Buy or Sears and the like.

You should pattent the idea.. Think of the traffic that generates if only for a day.

Does it cause server problems?

Cool idea, but maybe it is not as earth shattering as I think, I do sort of live in a bubble and am often suprised by things others think of as normal.

Thanks
Charlie
Nov 25, 2004, 12:28 AM
Some of you sound angry about the sale, well nobody is making you buy from them. It would make the sale pointless if they let you know what was going to be for sale every hour. At least its after Thanksgiving so we can enjoy ourselves and eat some awesome food.
Nov 25, 2004, 01:25 AM
"It would make the sale pointless if they let you know what was going to be for sale every hour."

Not really... it just means you could know what you are going to order without having to decide within an hour.
Nov 25, 2004, 01:47 AM
Well thats how they make money! If you want something and only have an hour to decide, there is a larger chance people will buy it. Then again I could be wrong and HL is just out there to make everyone angry.
Nov 25, 2004, 03:01 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb10
Well thats how they make money! If you want something and only have an hour to decide, there is a larger chance people will buy it. Then again I could be wrong and HL is just out there to make everyone angry.
As opposed to being able to buy the item on a single day versus a single hour? I doubt that seriously.

The general idea is to give people the best deal possible but don't want to lose their shirts in the process. It generates a lot of interest and that's the real idea. In retail there's such a thing as a loss leader. It's the expensive item that's being sold at the supermarket for example, a particular cut of meat, which is being sold at reduced cost. People come into the store just to buy that particular item and usually walk out with a lot more stuff at the regular price.

It helps sales to do this kind of thing in a couple ways. First is it will draw people to the store instead of the competition's store. Second is word of mouth. It's interesting how many times my mother says to me (as the first part of a conversation) that so-and-so store has meat or fruit or bread on sale that week. That's what she's talking about, the loss leaders.

So don't try to over-analyze this sale as having any motive other than generating, well you guessed it, sales. Hobby-Lobby is a great business and has been one of the most excellent mail order retailers in every way. And this is just another reason why. If you want to save some money, you'd better come early and often to the sales page. Remember, the early bird catches the worm;-)

Quick Reply