Jan 26, 2018, 05:36 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

K&B .18 Flywheel collet

I have a K&B .18 with a 5mm crankshaft and a flywheel bore with a diameter of 5.8mm.Does anybodyhave any idea where I can get a flywheel collet to match these two up?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2018, 09:53 PM
Thumper King
Is this one of the older engines out of the hpi rs4? K&b doesn't list anything past the flyweel on their parts list so it's most likely an hpi part.

http://www.mecoa.com/kb/88/88-parts.htm

Or from what ever car this was mounted in search up its manual.

Still though alot of the cranks are all 1/4-28 or 32 for nitro car engines so you could probably get away with any generic collet from a similar sized engine.
Jan 22, 2020, 11:14 PM
Thread OP
Sorry for not responding sooner but I had major computer issues. The engine is going to be used in an old Heathkit Spectre car from the late 70's,At that time I had a Veco .19 in it which has a larger crank. I have the K&B engine and would like to use it.
So back to the original question, any idea where I can get a 5mm collet?
Oct 07, 2021, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargophil
I have a K&B .18 with a 5mm crankshaft and a flywheel bore with a diameter of 5.8mm.Does anybodyhave any idea where I can get a flywheel collet to match these two up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargophil
Sorry for not responding sooner but I had major computer issues. The engine is going to be used in an old Heathkit Spectre car from the late 70's,At that time I had a Veco .19 in it which has a larger crank. I have the K&B engine and would like to use it.
So back to the original question, any idea where I can get a 5mm collet?
The Veco .19 has a 1/4" crankshaft thread, what you need isn't a collet but a sleeve of appropriate size.

Quick Reply