Midwestslopechallenge - Page 2 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by windsinface, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 01, 2018, 04:05 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdennis
On another note, I am looking for photographs from 2016 and 2017 to put on the website, (assuming I can figure out how to do that).
Mark
Mark,

Here's a link to Bryan's 2017 photos (ignore the first in the album, he apparently wanted to share one photo, but didn't feel like making a new album -- that's Bryan)

https://goo.gl/photos/APfKDi6WGWE1eekYA

He has some photos from the 2016 WFFF, but we weren't able to attend the MWSC in May that year due to a graduation.

-= Dave
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2018, 04:10 PM
And Repairs
Looking forward to flying with you guys again. Iíll be there for most of the event ó hopefully all of it. Still trying to work out some family scheduling stuff.

For the sake of pics in this thread, this new glider is tired of the flatland already and wants to see a slope.
Feb 01, 2018, 04:24 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyFlies
Looking forward to flying with you guys again. Iíll be there for most of the event ó hopefully all of it. Still trying to work out some family scheduling stuff.

For the sake of pics in this thread, this new glider is tired of the flatland already and wants to see a slope.
Looks like a beaut, Ty. The motor should make you competitive in the "Unlimited" competition!

FYI, the "Unlimited Event Rules" do not specifically forbid the use of motors or engines -- but the verbal abuse would be deadly!

-= Dave
Feb 01, 2018, 04:50 PM
And Repairs
I probably wont' be in the Unlimited event. I do have the 2.2 meter Mini Vision -- but I don't think it will be a competitive racer either (oh, yeah -- neither am I )
I have been enjoying the Orion.
Feb 02, 2018, 09:50 PM
Let the verbal began .Who would even think of such sacrilege, a motor on a unlimited racer why the thought alone would make you hang your head in shame.
Feb 12, 2018, 08:21 PM
And Repairs
Just scored a used copy of the Lift Ticket video. Joe Chovan, Dave Garwood and lots of other cool slope dogs.
It’s making me want to build and fly.
Feb 12, 2018, 08:39 PM
Just For The Fun Of It
Bring it to Wilson
Feb 12, 2018, 09:53 PM
Faster is Better
Hope you guys get some good SE winds this year.
Latest blog entry: LEG Fat Albert Take 2
Feb 12, 2018, 09:55 PM
Faster is Better
Tell Todd he needs to bring and fly his good stuff.
Latest blog entry: LEG Fat Albert Take 2
Feb 13, 2018, 12:49 AM
Where's the wind?
New Tomcat and Strega arrived today. Factory seconds and they have some paint issues on wings and tails but nothing I can't easily fix. The original Strega is going to be flyable as well after some extensive but doable fuse repairs. Looks like I'll be set for unlimited. Now I just need a plan for the other events.
Feb 13, 2018, 08:57 AM
Hey Andrew, I need about 5 AAA -800 OR 900MA packs made up or a place to buy them cheep. Thought we will pick teems and have them build a Wal-Mart glider and race it .We have a place to build and servos are not to hard to find but have not found AAA packs to make it happen.
Feb 13, 2018, 11:57 AM
Where's the wind?
I can make up packs at cost. to support the event.

Eneloop AAA Cells cost basically $2.25 - $2.50 each depending on where I get them which is what I use for my personal packs and the packs I sell on Canuck Engineering.

You could cheap out and go with generic cells for 50 - 75% less per cell as you probably aren't worried about long term wear out as the air frame longevity is probably measured in seconds to minutes at most knowing the build skills of the typical event participants. (Yes, I'm including myself in that over generalization)

It take only a few minutes per pack to build them up, add leads, and shrink them.

Let me know how many packs and what shape and I'll search for some usable cheap cells.

Andrew
Feb 13, 2018, 10:45 PM
Where's the wind?
Build benches are getting full.
Feb 13, 2018, 11:10 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Nice
Feb 13, 2018, 11:54 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Wow. Sweet rides, Andrew!

-= Dave

Quick Reply