Midwestslopechallenge - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by windsinface, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 26, 2018, 12:14 PM
Alert

Midwestslopechallenge

The dates are set for the 24th annual Midwestslopechallenge.It will be May 17th to the20th. Time to get the birds repaired and some new stuff done. Format is the same as in the past with ODR ,Warbirds , Combat and Unlimited . Prime rib dinner Saturday . You can go to www.midwestslopechallenge.com for more info. Thanks to all the guys and gals who make this happen ,your the best. Also all the new pilots just adds to the family even Brian L, wouldn't be the same without you guys as we need targets and guys who make us look like we know what were doing. Registration will open February 1st Hope to see all of you soon .Thanks again and good air to all.Erik
Last edited by windsinface; Jan 26, 2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: wrong date
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2018, 02:34 PM
Where's the wind?
I put my order in for a couple new unlimited planes just last night.

Still haven't decided on the ODR situation yet.

Andrew
Jan 26, 2018, 10:39 PM
Good to have you on board, What did you get? I don't know if Thane has his twisty all in one piece yet but that baby sure carved up the air.
Jan 27, 2018, 09:41 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Thanks for the heads-up and dates, Erik, and Ty for alerting about the new thread.

I'll forward the OP to Bryan, since he won't see it unless it has a video of funny animal antics.

-= Dave
Jan 27, 2018, 11:37 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Just decided to start a list of guys coming and what events they are entered. I will try to keep it up to date as much as I can. If you see something wrong, please PM me and we can get it straightened out.
Thanks,
Mark

C=Combat, O=ODR, U=Unlimited, W=Warbird, B=Banquet, T=T-Shirt

Erik E - C, O, U, W, B, T
Greg H - C, O, B, T
Ty M - C, O, W, B, T
David L - C, O, U, W, B, T
Jack B - O, B, T
Jeff C - C, O, U, W, B, T
Tom W - O, W, B, T
David D - C, O, U, W, B, T
Andrew W - C, O, U, W, B, T
Duane J - C, O, U, W, B, T
Tim P - O
Dave G - O, B, T
Bryan L - C, O, U, W, B
Last edited by mdennis; Mar 27, 2018 at 08:45 AM.
Jan 27, 2018, 03:25 PM
I would like to make the 25th a three day flying event with good winds we could have a f3f day or something like limbo with warbirds wings or something made of foam. Might set some balloons up with a donated prize in it and you get three passes to pop it. Give us your thoughts and we'll come up with something. Also so we stop it before it happens, Bryan no Hamster rides in gliders!!! Erik
Jan 28, 2018, 12:15 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Well if not hamsters, maybe we have a scorpion hunt and color them with fingernail polish to match our Warbirds and Darla could judge.

-= Dave
Jan 28, 2018, 04:33 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
It didnt sound good for his twisty Inertia plane. I think he said that Jim's took a nap too..

-= Bryan
Last edited by Zenmaniac; Jan 28, 2018 at 04:39 PM.
Jan 28, 2018, 04:39 PM
Gliders ain't drones!

Ziptie

Last edited by Zenmaniac; Jan 28, 2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
Jan 28, 2018, 04:59 PM
Where's the wind?
Another Strega and a Tomcat.

The old Strega needs a bunch of fuse repair. The Opus wing is in basically 2 big pieces and needs fuse work as well.
Jan 28, 2018, 06:40 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_canuck
Another Strega and a Tomcat.

The old Strega needs a bunch of fuse repair. The Opus wing is in basically 2 big pieces and needs fuse work as well.
2-piece Opus wing is easier to transport.

-= Dave
Feb 01, 2018, 02:34 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Eric,
This thread tells you how you can make this thread a "Sticky"
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...an-do-yourself

You have to do it since you are the one that started the thread
Feb 01, 2018, 02:48 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Registration is now officially open!

Actually, it has been un-officially open for a while now. Greg, (Rocky Mtn Flier), registered a couple weeks ago.
Feb 01, 2018, 02:58 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
On another note, I am looking for photographs from 2016 and 2017 to put on the website, (assuming I can figure out how to do that).
Mark
Feb 01, 2018, 03:52 PM
And Repairs
I just requested that the thread be a Sticky in the forum, and got this reply from the Mod:
"Hey, Just letting you know there is a bug preventing posts from being stickied right now. We've got a ticket in with the techs, but I'm not sure when it will get fixed."
So I'm guessing it will be up soon.

FWIW, anybody can request a Sticky be added or removed up top -- you do it with the "Report" button on the top post. Then just choose the request option.

Mark, I've got a few photos. But, most of them I posted in the 2016 and 2017 MWSC threads after the event. Just let me know if you want me to email those photos, and maybe a couple more. Emailed ones might have higher resolution - not sure.

Quick Reply