Jan 29, 2018, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
LOL well that's more clear to me anyway I am only familiar with the HET 800 series from hands on, there are other 50mm motors out there like neu and certainly other Asian made motors, but I haven't had the time to do a lot of investigating so I am sure others could better answer this for you. The new 800-83-510 should be a good 16s motor with the alloy housing and ramtec rotor, it will theoretically take the most power due to being the largest mass in the range.
Leomotion 5061 series 50mm diameter motors are 102 mm long

They cost some coin too

http://leomotion.com/shop/USER_ARTIK...1&Ziel_ID=5896
Last edited by erh7771; Jan 29, 2018 at 11:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2018, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
...The main reason the market is small for these fans is the distinct lack of properly designed 110 to 130mm EDF kits and ARFs. ...
+1 and a kit made for both EDF and turbine

C&C Italia was going that direction but I've not seen them sell anything in the US

They have a number of jets that can be converted but to your point they weren't made for EDF, they have to be painfully model to do so
Jan 30, 2018, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771
+1 and a kit made for both EDF and turbine

C&C Italia was going that direction but I've not seen them sell anything in the US

They have a number of jets that can be converted but to your point they weren't made for EDF, they have to be painfully model to do so
Ah yes, a slippery 130mm EDF Sport Jet. Where is my wallet. I guess our wives can keep our money until somebody builds it. Then they will see what happens when we get the credit card.
Jan 30, 2018, 02:29 AM
Quote:
The fans are a tight fit, no denying that! The XXX would have been bloody quick on 14s, don't think I have ever seen one on more than 12, did you have any video of it Arngeir?
Sorry, no video but yes it was bloody quick.
Jan 30, 2018, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottfpv
Ah yes, a slippery 130mm EDF Sport Jet. Where is my wallet. I guess our wives can keep our money until somebody builds it. Then they will see what happens when we get the credit card.
Mine too

Here's a vid of a DS 98 flying a 40 + lb MB 339,

We should think about 24 s

MB 339 RC over Lavariano (2 min 27 sec)
Jan 30, 2018, 10:09 AM
Quote:
The Ramtec has the speed in the air, always has, check out the video of the JET TENG Viperjet running my CNC Alloy Ramtec on 14s, 170+mph in a huge draggy model.
Here is a very old video of a larger viper jet then the Jet Teng viper. This one is the 2m viperjet from skymaster 85"ws, doing 189mph @ 33lb and 15s dynamax on a 650kv motor, and its 7 years ago.

video-2011-08-27-12-24-11.mp4 (1 min 9 sec)
Jan 30, 2018, 01:06 PM
world's slowest builder
That Ramtec 2m viper is awesome!

I hate to say it but EDF has regressed in the states. 5-7 years ago there were all kinds of projects like this in the air and in the works on...
Jan 30, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
That Ramtec 2m viper is awesome!
It is moving, but its powered by a Dynamax.
Jan 30, 2018, 04:18 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Thread OP
All nice stuff but try not to derail my thread, I have stayed out of the other current threads in this forum. Again I don't see you posting videos of Ramtec powered models in the other threads.

The XPS fan was running a huge outrunner, 1kg motor, I had some of the so called production run black LS outrunners, the ones that were badly made but still sold by Scott from LS. Had to dump them at a huge loss as he took no responsibility for them. On 15s the amp draw would have been pretty high, and without knowing that everything else is mute.

I know exactly what my fan in the JTM Viper is doing, its half the weight with less amp draw and less cells. Same with the XXX setups out there running on 12s at similar speeds.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
Jan 30, 2018, 05:30 PM
Quote:
All nice stuff but try not to derail my thread, I have stayed out of the other current threads in this forum. Again I don't see you posting videos of Ramtec powered models in the other threads.

On 15s the amp draw would have been pretty high, and without knowing that everything else is mute.
Sorry but my intention isn't to derail your thread. You did however bring up the dynamax fan first, in your own thread in post #9.
I believe the amp draw was 158A, but as its a very old video and cant say for sure what kind of voltage it was holding at full power.
As i'm eagerly looking for a fan system I haven't ruled out the ramtec as an option. hopefully you will have some 18s test results and offerings at some point soon.
Jan 30, 2018, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Yes I brought it up, I started my own vendor thread to show the Ramtecs performance and efficiency levels (this includes AUW) because there was so much hoohar going on about the Dynamax being so amazing (and nothing else out there could do what it was doing) when the figures were nothing special and every time I brought up the math I was mass flamed.

Our Ramtec variants have been on the market for many years, I asked HET to make the 50mm motors, I still have all the samples sitting here from the initial testing. I was making my own housing up until 2017, Now that Tony has revised the original Ramtec so well there is no point, its within grams of the CNC housing and cheaper to make, its also made entirely in Australia which is a good thing.

I am sure if I put a 1kg motor into the Ramtec it would drop 500-600 watts and maintain its thrust just like any other fan, but the extra 500-600 watts equates to only 10A odd in a 14s setup, I would rather the option to carry more battery than 500 grams more motor. When we go up in cells and power levels then a larger mass motor will of course make the most sense.
Jan 30, 2018, 09:09 PM
Thread OP
Ok I put my Extreme CNC alloy Ramtec together this morning, and fitted up the 12 blade rotor. Set up with the 12s10Ah battery pack, I used around 1300mah to do final balancing then filmed a test run. I was surprised at the end result, I will have to run the 12B in the Ramtec housing as well just to compare. My housing is identical in dimensions, 57mm motor housing, 125mm ID, 6 stators. My stators would have slightly less area as they are flatter in shape but this would be minimal.

RESULTS:
44.6v / 125A / 5579W / 23,730rpm / 8.5kg thrust (19.6lb)
That's 1.52g/w.
EXTREME CNC ALLOY 127mm Ramtec 12 Blader!! (1 min 22 sec)
Jan 31, 2018, 03:15 AM
Thread OP
After recharging everything I did a 14 cell run with the 12 blade rotor, it would appear 12 blades is too much for the HET motor, not as efficient as the 11 blade results. 8200 watts for 10.1kg thrust, that's 450w over the 11 blade results.
The 12 cell figures are however excellent, in fact I would run the 12 blade in a 12 cell setup and will likely keep this fan for my big MIG15 kit that needs to be built this year!

This now has me wanting that 10 blade rotor as soon as Tony is back at work and able to do me a sample, I think we might be seeing even better performance with 10b when we start climbing into the 25-30lb range.
Jan 31, 2018, 12:13 PM
world's slowest builder
Great numbers on 12S for the 12Blade. That system would be awesome in a Global Jet Club Mig 15.

I am looking forward to the 10blade test on 12 and 14s. I think the 10 blade will be really nice on the 590kv for a lower amp 12S setup. I really like the look of Tony's new stators and hub. He really did a nice job with it....has the twist in the stators which should help in theory...but maybe in reality the difference is little.
Jan 31, 2018, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
The stators in my CNC housing are fully curved also, very similar to what you see in other popular branded fans.

Quick Reply