Multiplexe evo FW upgrade - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 29, 2018, 12:54 AM
sorry - i find all kinds of manuals on hitec site but no -link multiplex doc.if anyone can please point me to the right link - thanks
also Jim would the telemetry then work with modules you are selling?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2018, 07:13 PM
We received your EVO module today. I opened up my EVO12, plugged your EVO module in and turned on the EVO12. Your module works perfectly. You have a problem with your EVO or the module connector plugged in backwards.
Jan 31, 2018, 12:52 AM
ok i got the manual - but still unclear about which additional function i can use on the royal evo 12.
also regarding the FW upgrade on the EVO. is it now a no no to use higher than 3.4?
for my language there is a 3.5x for other language it is 3.4x. so when does the PPM signal disappear. because i do have the yellow wire on the XPS module i thought i am good for 3.5x but there was a post from an other fellow that this did not work for him. Jim i may be missing your latest post on that one but somewhere years back i think you mentioned you will look in to higher FW version functionality but i could not find that latest post which might be dealing with 3.5x version. sorry for the repeat questions and i will not hold it against you if you do not want to answer but it would be nice

thanks Erhard
Jan 31, 2018, 01:00 AM
Jim thanks for the quick response. i feel like i have private health insurance through XPS
oh just see your post now - that sucks, not the post but the finding. but i measured the voltage at the top of the connector and it was 7.2V. i had also the connector unplugged and plugged back in , no change. it can not be reversed because then the wires would be really twisted. i assume the LED comes on as soon as power is applied to the black and red wire, even without PPM signals (blue and yellow) connected - correct?
what FW version are you using on the Evo?
when they upgrade the FW do they have to remove this same connector?
i guess all you can do is send it back.

oh should add. i successfully used the Multiplex Launcher program connected with USB. i can readout all teh model settings. so at least that all works and as i said the display also works fine
Last edited by schrecke; Jan 31, 2018 at 01:07 AM.
Jan 31, 2018, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the links above - highly appreciate it
Jan 31, 2018, 02:18 AM
Jim i checked again the connector and cable location i your manual for the module and it look just the way i had it mounted . only difference is my yellow wire which is the upgrade as you mentioned.
ok let's see when i get the module back what happens
Jan 31, 2018, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrecke
Jim thanks for the quick response. i feel like i have private health insurance through XPS
oh just see your post now - that sucks, not the post but the finding. but i measured the voltage at the top of the connector and it was 7.2V. i had also the connector unplugged and plugged back in , no change. it can not be reversed because then the wires would be really twisted. i assume the LED comes on as soon as power is applied to the black and red wire, even without PPM signals (blue and yellow) connected - correct?
No. The module LED does NOT come on until there is a signal. The only exception to this is if you press and HOLD the button while powering on. After about 5 seconds or so of holding the button, the LED should come on as RED.

Quote:
what FW version are you using on the Evo?
when they upgrade the FW do they have to remove this same connector?
i guess all you can do is send it back.

oh should add. i successfully used the Multiplex Launcher program connected with USB. i can readout all teh model settings. so at least that all works and as i said the display also works fine
I am using v3.50 of the EVO firmware. You can use any version up to the latest v3.53 (as far as I know - I have never heard of anyone having a problem with any version).

Hmm... very odd that your data stream is not working. You have v2.62, which uses PPM (only the blue wire is used). v3.0 and later introduced M-Link and eliminated PPM completely. This is when the yellow wire was also required.
Jan 31, 2018, 09:43 PM
but i did this test of holding the button down when powering up and also no LED. i thought that is why we thought the module is bad. i still could try to upgrade now to 3.5x and see what happens. it cannot get worse i guess.

i could put the original FM RF module back and see what happens

oh maybe the FW upgrade did reset the PPM stream to another mode?
just checked my transmitter and it says
>>Modulation FM PPM/6
in the evo manual it says for evo 12

>>ROYALevo 12 max. 12 channels
>>The transmission mode(PPM 7/8/9 or PPM 12)
>> is set automatically

but mine says PPM6 why?

thanks Erhard
Feb 01, 2018, 04:10 AM
The original RF module does NOT work with v3.0 and later, and there is NO WAY to go back to v2.62 (as far as I have heard).

I don't know much about the EVO and it's programming. I just set the servo assignments to their default type.
Feb 01, 2018, 09:20 AM
ok stepping back a little
your module should light up the LED if only powered up while holding down the prog button. in my case it did not do that. i need to recheck because the module according to your testing works fine.
i will upgrade to v3.x and see what happens.
Feb 05, 2018, 10:22 PM
Hi Jim - thanks got the module back today and now all works. it seems it is not my original module. also i upgraded to FW to v3.46 which give me a PPM signal not a FM/PPM as in the v2.62.
so 2 things changed but bottom line is it all works now
thanks again
Feb 06, 2018, 01:50 PM
That is your original module. I changed the antenna system to give you the latest top-mount setup. Other than that, nothing was changed on your original module.

Only v2.62 EVO firmware and earlier used only a PPM signal. V3.0 and later no longer uses PPM at all, instead it uses two wires for serial communications between the transmitter and the module. I am guessing that something must have happened when Hitec changed the hardware and firmware to update to v2.62 and that was corrected by your v3.45 update.
Feb 06, 2018, 09:33 PM
wow that sucks, wrote a longer reply and all gone - ok again
thanks again Jim for your help
remaining question
1. you mention that the Nano receiver has same sensitivity as RFU. so for larger glider (2.6m) should i use the RFU or Nano is good.
i like teh RFU with X10 because X10 has that nice voltage logger. it actually found that the stock ESC dropped down to 4V but when replaced with a better one no issue detected with X10 indicator
2. how to install RFU antenne best.
you mention not to bend end leads and also not to separate at RFU but you say 90 degree orientation of ends is best. so where should i bend? any picture?

thanks again for your support and products
Feb 06, 2018, 10:58 PM
ups more questions
My XDP has FW 3.7 - when i click check for updates it says do have the latest

the RSSi program and ANALYZER work

the TXDiag i can bind BUT then it never connects to the transmitter

when i click in the Device programmer screen on
Search for Device
it says
"device not present error"
no xtremelink device detected
but the XDP is USB connected
Last edited by schrecke; Feb 06, 2018 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply