Jan 25, 2018, 06:42 PM
Deluxe NooB
Thread OP
Discussion

Second build, First FPV flight today!

Was finally able to test fly my FPV rig today!
Sorry I couldn't make a video. I was on the sticks while my wife used the goggles. No one else around to make a video.
Had some stiff wind & only 29 degrees outside but flew 1 pack with big smiles !!

Wife said she felt car sick looking thru goggles. LOL
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2018, 09:14 PM
That means she was getting the full FPV experience! I do it sitting down. :-) I still flinch when I almost hit stuff.
Jan 25, 2018, 09:19 PM
Very Soft Target
I can do it standing (and sometimes walking), but still have to remind myself to keep my head straight instead of slumped over to the side like Jack Nicholson at the end of 4 out of 5 Jack Nicholson movies. The butt pucker comes with the territory I think.

Real question is when are YOU getting in those goggles? Was really almost claustrophobic for me at first but once it clicked...
Jan 25, 2018, 09:24 PM
I can now do it standing but I am just more comfortable sitting. When I first started flying FPV I was very uncomfortable standing. I would wobble around as I was flying. So I brought a chair with me to sit on.
Jan 25, 2018, 11:11 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
heh. try flying with goggles on, while riding in a golf cart, when your buddy is swerving all over the course like a nut
Jan 26, 2018, 05:00 AM
Deluxe NooB
Thread OP
On that first flight I was fighting some stiff wind with random gusts. That & cold temps limited my efforts.
I hope to fly a couple more packs after work today. If the weather is ok.
And yes, I want to try the goggles myself ASAP. I have used them while tuning on the bench, not exactly the same thing. LOL

Quick Reply