Feb 27, 2018, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Dinel
I just bought one of undergrounds own ia8s rx. Looks good! Dual antenna with ipex connectors for easy swap out. I'll post pics when it arrives.

What i hope for, is that this new ia8s abd the dark knight will be able to give rssi on betaflight osd, like you can do on the i6 with an x6b rx.
Hi, can you post a pic of the receiver? I can't find anything on the interwebs....
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2018, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchtony
Hi, can you post a pic of the receiver? I can't find anything on the interwebs....
I have a photo they sent me of one of thier rigs that they flew this past weekend. You cant really see it because of the way the tucked it behind the camera.
Feb 27, 2018, 09:34 AM
Adam RED Weston
Is it one of these?

https://www.undergroundfpv.com/produ...nt=33011865796

They are pretty common..

RED
Feb 27, 2018, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_HLG
Is it one of these?

https://www.undergroundfpv.com/produ...nt=33011865796

They are pretty common..

RED
It's not even similar
It's more like smaller version of ia6c - from what they look like.
Last edited by soshla; Feb 27, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
Feb 27, 2018, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soshla
It's not even similar
From what i can see, its a whole new layout. Whether they borrowed the architechture from the ia6c or x6b, im hoping its capable of producing rssi on an aux channel so i can have rssi on my betaflight osd.

Its not the ia6c, the rf chip is huge. Im going to put my money on the x6b with the size of its chip. If you drop all the plug ports down to one, you can definetely cut down on the board size.

Will know more when the ia8s shows up.
Feb 28, 2018, 03:54 AM
I've ordered a couple of them - will see what turns up!
Feb 28, 2018, 10:17 AM
Adam RED Weston
Quote:
Originally Posted by soshla
It's not even similar
Sorry, was only reading the text, not looking at the pictures.

RED
Mar 07, 2018, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Dinel

Will know more when the ia8s shows up.
Hi

When your IA8S does arrive, please post some good close-up photos along with dimensions. I would also love a full review once you've flown it a few times.

Best

JD
Mar 07, 2018, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollydriver
Hi

When your IA8S does arrive, please post some good close-up photos along with dimensions. I would also love a full review once you've flown it a few times.

Best

JD
Will do, nothing in the mail box yet.
Mar 12, 2018, 12:49 AM
Adam RED Weston
Perhaps everybody else has seen this already... Looks like the best Dark Knight summary I've seen to date.

http://www.multirotorguide.com/rumor...t-transmitter/

I hope everything on this list makes it to production!

RED
Mar 12, 2018, 10:07 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Hummm... I think it needs a couple of more smacks with the golden ratio stick and few less with the "wth?" stick.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:33 PM
Thumper King
Isn't the IA8s a POS? There's currently a class action lawsuits against flysky becuase of it. Or something like that.

Anyways like that frontal shot of the tx. By the looks of it seems like it's gonna have 6 pots and 8 switches. But it seems like it uses the flysky i6x gimbals. It's fine if you can easily swap in some taranis gimbals.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:56 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Here’s (apparently) another prototype version with trim tabs up above the gimbals.
Mar 12, 2018, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
Hummm... I think it needs a couple of more smacks with the golden ratio stick and few less with the "wth?" stick.
It’s not about looks. It’s about comfort and performance, but man it looks ugly IMO. Not sure if this will be my next radio.

Quick Reply